News Volume 97 coming on September 2020

Oda: Yes. But rather than saying serialization ends, I would say it’s over because the most interesting part of Luffy’s adventure, the story of what is One Piece exactly? is done at that point. Right now Wano arc is heating, but if Luffy is to leave there safe and sound, it’ll lead to a worldly development , an exciting story no one has ever read, I’ll be drawing the “Biggest War” of OP history. It’ll be very interesting!! And so, I made the announcement to notify the readers and make them realize that “this long story is actually heading towards its end”.
But, right now you should be enjoying the exciting Wano country arc. I’ll draw it with all I’ve got!!
the question ?

Wait a minute does Oda said her basically the 5years just meaning Luffy adventure ending? In that case he didn't say the war but the story to find One piece right? In that case it would mean he want more chapters for One piece then just 5years and also he probably mean with the biggest war the one which we get in the end and not in wano.
Did I understand it right?
It is exactly how I understand it. But I might be wrong

Oda: Yes. But rather than saying serialization ends, I would say it’s over because the most interesting part of Luffy’s adventure, the story of what is One Piece exactly? is done at that point. Right now Wano arc is heating, but if Luffy is to leave there safe and sound, it’ll lead to a worldly development , an exciting story no one has ever read, I’ll be drawing the “Biggest War” of OP history. It’ll be very interesting!! And so, I made the announcement to notify the readers and make them realize that “this long story is actually heading towards its end”.
But, right now you should be enjoying the exciting Wano country arc. I’ll draw it with all I’ve got!!
but what is the question

I freaking knew it

The main focus after Wano will already happen to be the final war, this is why the yonko are both going down now :)

Elbaf arc is gonna be mini
Depends on how you interpret his comment. It could mean that the "physical" journey to finding One Piece, to Laugh Tale, ends in 5 years. But that ALSO could just segue the Final War being the actual conclusion.

Basically serialization continues even after the "Adventure to Find One Piece ends" because the final arc/war/whatever still needs to happen.

Thats how I'm taking it, it'll take another 5 years to "answer that question" or "get us to Laugh Tale". Thats still is plenty of time to do additional major arcs like Elbaf.

Depends on how you interpret his comment. It could mean that the "physical" journey to finding One Piece, to Laugh Tale, ends in 5 years. But that ALSO could just segue the Final War being the actual conclusion.

Basically serialization continues even after the "Adventure to Find One Piece ends" because the final arc/war/whatever still needs to happen.

Thats how I'm taking it, it'll take another 5 years to "answer that question" or "get us to Laugh Tale". Thats still is plenty of time to do additional major arcs like Elbaf.
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES THATS MY NEW HEADCANON I TAKE THIS! WANO 2 MORE YEARS, ELBAF 1 MORE YEAR, MORE ARCS 1-2 YEARS UNTIL ONE PIECE IS FOUND. AFTER THAT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

D

Deleted member 83

a reader crying over the 5 years news and asking if it's real
Post automatically merged:

in the 1st sentence Oda is still saying OP ends in 5 years, just in another way
My translator friend think otherwise, hmmm so Paper's take is still possible

in the 1st sentence Oda is still saying OP ends in 5 years, just in another way
But Eten didn´t he basically said it for One piece:
"I would say it’s over because the most interesting part of Luffy’s adventure, the story of what is One Piece exactly? is done at that point. "
The story for One piece is done at 5years, the story behind one piece and later he add the biggest part.
You can be right too, but it feels like more he saying at 5years we probably know the story behind One piece but he didn´t say the manga himself ends then right?

I personally think Oda is being coy on purpose.

Based on Eten's translation, it seems he entirely avoids confirming "Serialization" will actually end in 5 years. BUT, he seems to double down that Luffy's actual, physical journey should be ending in 5 years. Basically, knowing what the Void Century is, One Piece, becoming PK, etc. which will serve as fuel for the final war.

Should be accomplished in this timeframe. Luffy "journey" is the act of actually leaving his hometown to ending up in Laugh Tale. Yes, this WILL end when he finds One Piece and becomes PK. HOWEVER, this does not mean serialization will end because as you can tell from Oda's comments a war is also happening too. This also works with how the percentage comments have been regarding Luffy's "journey". Wano could mark the 80% point of Luffy's actual Journey. Elbaf could mark 90%. Lodestar could mark 95%. Laugh Tale could mark 100% officially, but it doesn't mean its over.

My guess is that we have another 5 years (including Wano's conclusion), to get to THAT point, then an undefined number of years/chapters to actually complete the major story.