News Volume 98 coming on February 2021

Volume 97 is legit one of that greatest of all time for me, 98 the second I saw it I was like meh....fuck the scabbards lol trash that Kaido didn’t even deem worthy enough to kill and now they’re in the cover? Nah I’m alright Oda sama. It looks kinda off as well like the fuck is raizo doing? Kappa barely showing, Kiku armour colour is crap lol, no Luffy coat? Denjiro looking meh, like honestly I feel Denjiro was stronger when he was Kyoshiro, now he’s trash tier.
Only saving grace of this cover is Yamato side boob everything else is obsolete.

Volume 97 is legit one of that greatest of all time for me, 98 the second I saw it I was like meh....fuck the scabbards lol trash that Kaido didn’t even deem worthy enough to kill and now they’re in the cover? Nah I’m alright Oda sama. It looks kinda off as well like the fuck is raizo doing? Kappa barely showing, Kiku armour colour is crap lol, no Luffy coat? Denjiro looking meh, like honestly I feel Denjiro was stronger when he was Kyoshiro, now he’s trash tier.
Only saving grace of this cover is Yamato side boob everything else is obsolete.
:laughmoji:
Post automatically merged:

Since we are halfway through vol 99 already, im predicting that one to be a full Beasts Pirate cover, while 100 is a full strawhat cover (maaaaaybe Yamato and/or Carrot; like Franky being on volume 43 before actually joining).

It makes sense for Oda to do this. Frankly 100 is a massive milestone and it makes sense to put the allegedly complete crew in that volume specifically. Also the villains always come first on the VS volumes so it makes sense if we get Kaido and his 8 main crew members on 99, followed by Luffu and his 9-11 main crew members (depending on who Oda features.)

What i don't expect is Law/Kid/Drake/Killer on this cover, since they were on 97 already, but anything is possible since they are allies.

Last edited:
Post automatically merged:

Since we are halfway through vol 99 already, im predicting that one to be a full Beasts Pirate cover, while 100 is a full strawhat cover (maaaaaybe Yamato and/or Carrot; like Franky being on volume 43 before actually joining).

It makes sense for Oda to do this. Frankly 100 is a massive milestone and it makes sense to put the allegedly complete crew in that volume specifically. Also the villains always come first on the VS volumes so it makes sense if we get Kaido and his 8 main crew members on 99, followed by Luffu and his 9-11 main crew members (depending on who Oda features.)

What i don't expect is Law/Kid/Drake/Killer on this cover, since they were on 97 already, but anything is possible since they are allies.
Carrot lol?
By the amount carrot has been shown this arc might as well throw in Wanda too. Carrot most likely isn’t joining lol
maybe the Kaido and beast pirates cover would be Kaido, calamities and flying 6 minus drake all in their full zoan forms?

Carrot lol?
By the amount carrot has been shown this arc might as well throw in Wanda too. Carrot most likely isn’t joining lol
maybe the Kaido and beast pirates cover would be Kaido, calamities and flying 6 minus drake all in their full zoan forms?
Carrot is there to appease the masses. No, I don't think she's joining. Vol 78 didn't just have strawhats on it, it has virtually every ally in the arc that eventually serves under luffy.

Carrot is there to appease the masses. No, I don't think she's joining. Vol 78 didn't just have strawhats on it, it has virtually every ally in the arc that eventually serves under luffy.
volume 78 didn’t even have all the SH on it though I can’t imagine all the allies this arc and the entire crew on one cover page but it would be nice
We ain’t getting SH, Yakuza bosses, Drake, Marco, Minks all on one page but if we do it’d be crazy

volume 78 didn’t even have all the SH on it though I can’t imagine all the allies this arc and the entire crew on one cover page but it would be nice
We ain’t getting SH, Yakuza bosses, Drake, Marco, Minks all on one page but if we do it’d be crazy
Yeah I don't expect that size tbh. Really since the Supernova allies were already on 97, its possible 100 is just the strawhats officially up to Jinbe and maybe Yamato

99 being the Beast Pirates then 100 being a big counterpart Strawhat one (for the 100th volume) makes sense, and fits with how previous villain covers were done- you’d expect the Beast Pirates to start falling in Volume 100, barring some giant flashback starting.

Don’t think there will be any allies this time around- the Dressrosa one was very cramped even with only half the crew present due to the number of allies. This time, all ten Strawhats need to be shown off. Stick in Kid and Law (who already got a volume cover with 97) Killer, Drake, Yamato or the Scabbards (all on this one), Momo, Carrot, Tama, Hyo or anyone else and it’ll be a mess. If one character was to get on it, I think it would be Momo, since it’s actually quite surprising he isn’t in the current one.

If 100 is to be an updated volume cover, the way volume 61 was for volume 1 and the 999/1000 colour spread was for 100, I reckon it’ll be this one

That was for the volume with chapter 100 in it.

99 being the Beast Pirates then 100 being a big counterpart Strawhat one (for the 100th volume) makes sense, and fits with how previous villain covers were done- you’d expect the Beast Pirates to start falling in Volume 100, barring some giant flashback starting.

Don’t think there will be any allies this time around- the Dressrosa one was very cramped even with only half the crew present due to the number of allies. This time, all ten Strawhats need to be shown off. Stick in Kid and Law (who already got a volume cover with 97) Killer, Drake, Yamato or the Scabbards (all on this one), Momo, Carrot, Tama, Hyo or anyone else and it’ll be a mess. If one character was to get on it, I think it would be Momo, since it’s actually quite surprising he isn’t in the current one.

If 100 is to be an updated volume cover, the way volume 61 was for volume 1 and the 999/1000 colour spread was for 100, I reckon it’ll be this one

That was for the volume with chapter 100 in it.
Volume 99 cover will feature the 5 SNs imo

I don't see it going more than 2 chapters. We could have 1 chapr as a transition. 1 more setting up 1 v 1s. 1/2 a chapter for status update. Nami and co Vs Page One and Ulti for 1.5 chaps.
The thing is, Oda doesn't set up fights only to finish them, he spends many chapters setting up fights and having small skirmishes first, before dedicating 1-3 chapters on the actual battles. Just specifying that it may take more than the next 4 chapters to set up every fight, solidify them, and then have them fall. We still don't know whats happening with Onigashima as a whole at this time anyway.

Sasaki could be the first one to be beaten, as his fight with Franky has went on a good length of time, and it doesn’t look like Oda needs to set anything else there up. Enemies don’t always- and in fact often don’t- fall in order in strength.

In Arlong Park, the order went Zoro wins, then Sanji, then Ussop

Alabasta, Nami’s fight came after Sanji’s

Skypiea, of the four priests the third strongest went down first, then the second, then the fourth, and finally Ohm. And there was fights with Yama, Satori’s brothers and Braham all tossed in.

EL, where we had Doriki to tell exaclty how strong everyone was, the order was 4th strongest first for a warmup, then 6th, then 5th, then 7th, then 3rd, 2nd, Spandam, 1st, Spandam again.

TB: Sanji won first, then Usopp, Zoro, Chopper and Robin in a team, Strawhats team up for Oars, Luffy beats Moria

FI: Robin won first, then Luffy, then all the fights concluded in one chapter afterwards where the order was Brook, Usopp, Chopper, Franky, Jinbei, Sanji, Zoro

Dressrosa, Buffalo was one shot well before everyone else. Then Sugar’s sniping. Then the order for the proper fights was Hajrudin, Sai, Cavendish, Barty, Leo, Franky, Kyros, Zoro, Luffy beat Bellamy, Law, Luffy finally winning against Doffy then Sabo beat Burgess after that.

There’s reason to expect that The Calaities will fall in order of Jack, Queen, King, but there could be surprises in the order of the Flying Six

The thing is, Oda doesn't set up fights only to finish them, he spends many chapters setting up fights and having small skirmishes first, before dedicating 1-3 chapters on the actual battles. Just specifying that it may take more than the next 4 chapters to set up every fight, solidify them, and then have them fall. We still don't know whats happening with Onigashima as a whole at this time anyway.
Enies Lobby had 30 chapters from Robin saying I wanna live, to set up the fights, set up the buster call, shuffle the fights, end the fights, defeatr the buster call, and then conclude.

Sanji Vs Jabra took 3 chaps from set up to conclusion.

Enies Lobby had 30 chapters from Robin saying I wanna live, to set up the fights, set up the buster call, shuffle the fights, end the fights, defeatr the buster call, and then conclude.

Sanji Vs Jabra took 3 chaps from set up to conclusion.
You aren't getting it. Its very unlikely those 2 are falling in 4 chapters, which is what the rest of 99 will cover. We are already almost st 30 chapters just for the raid alone and battles haven't even been set up yet. Oda could focus on the Kaido fight the next 4 chapters and you'd be wrong lol

Not sure why this is important. Its gonna take as long as it takes

Sasaki could be the first one to be beaten, as his fight with Franky has went on a good length of time, and it doesn’t look like Oda needs to set anything else there up. Enemies don’t always- and in fact often don’t- fall in order in strength.

In Arlong Park, the order went Zoro wins, then Sanji, then Ussop

Alabasta, Nami’s fight came after Sanji’s

Skypiea, of the four priests the third strongest went down first, then the second, then the fourth, and finally Ohm. And there was fights with Yama, Satori’s brothers and Braham all tossed in.

EL, where we had Doriki to tell exaclty how strong everyone was, the order was 4th strongest first for a warmup, then 6th, then 5th, then 7th, then 3rd, 2nd, Spandam, 1st, Spandam again.

TB: Sanji won first, then Usopp, Zoro, Chopper and Robin in a team, Strawhats team up for Oars, Luffy beats Moria

FI: Robin won first, then Luffy, then all the fights concluded in one chapter afterwards where the order was Brook, Usopp, Chopper, Franky, Jinbei, Sanji, Zoro

Dressrosa, Buffalo was one shot well before everyone else. Then Sugar’s sniping. Then the order for the proper fights was Hajrudin, Sai, Cavendish, Barty, Leo, Franky, Kyros, Zoro, Luffy beat Bellamy, Law, Luffy finally winning against Doffy then Sabo beat Burgess after that.

There’s reason to expect that The Calaities will fall in order of Jack, Queen, King, but there could be surprises in the order of the Flying Six
I hope to fuck that's not the case and the Scabbards regain their strength because of Marco. The only ones that should be beating Tobi Roppo are Scabbards. Not even Hyogoro can beat them.

What we should have is

Luffy v. Kaido
Zoro/Sanji/Jinbe vs King/Queen/Jack
Straw Hats vs. Numbers

and then Samurai vs. Tobi Roppo

That way the entire crew is facing card numbered people.

You aren't getting it. Its very unlikely those 2 are falling in 4 chapters, which is what the rest of 99 will cover. We are already almost st 30 chapters just for the raid alone and battles haven't even been set up yet. Oda could focus on the Kaido fight the next 4 chapters and you'd be wrong lol

Not sure why this is important. Its gonna take as long as it takes
They could totally fall in the next two chapters. Hajrudin fell in half a chapter.

They could totally fall in the next two chapters. Hajrudin fell in half a chapter.
Again lol, thats not what I'm saying. Im saying there is no guarantee the fight even starts in 4 chapters, let alone even is the focus.

Sure, you could be right, I just highly doubt it. Nothing truly has started in terms of battles and Oda recently has been starting every battle first, showing multiple chapters of these skirmishes, then dedicating 1-2 chapters for each actual fight.

Refer to dressrosa where this happened exactly. We are still barely at the point where Luffys side got matched up with Doflamingo members.

I hope to fuck that's not the case and the Scabbards regain their strength because of Marco. The only ones that should be beating Tobi Roppo are Scabbards. Not even Hyogoro can beat them.
Their is a reason why Law teleport all of them from the roof to the ground, Oda already set up Sasaki vs Kyoshiro.
The scabbards helping for sure against the Flyers, the Strawhat+nerfed Scabbards vs Flyers with going down of the Strawhats taking the w together with the Scabbards.