News Volume 98 coming on February 2021

Nami and Tama can beat Ulti next chapter if Oda wants it. They’ve been fighting since 991, Nami’s already “lost” the first skirmish but not been taken out, and it’s very unlikely that their plan will fail and Nami will be beaten a second time, because then our heroine isn’t getting payback against the opponent that’s given her probably the biggest physical beating she’s had in the series. That’s just not happening, Nami is for certain beating Ulti. Page One and Usopp, that might still swap, but the Nami fight is set in stone.

The only thing stopping the fights starting imminently would be a big flashback, and that’s unlikely to happen since we’ve already had the massive Oden one. Like @duckman is saying above, this is the tower of justice phase, where every single subordinate fight was shown from begin to finish in only 17 chapters. And that was including three Strawhats swapping opponents and the bits people would count as skirmishing- Zoro vs Kaku being very longrunning in the background.

If we’re comparing to Dressrosa, this is the stage where Luffy and Law started fighting Doffy on the roof. Only this time we’ve already had our big arc flashback. Counting Law’s flashback, all those fights were done in ~20 ish chapters. Take Law’s flashback out, that was more like 12-13. Law’s flashback was what delayed the fights- with that out, it’s time to begin.

The set up for the fights has been happening for ages now. We’ve already had a load of skirmishes. Starting in 980, we’ve had
-Luffy and Zoro (and Kid) vs Apoo
-BM vs various Strawhats (twice)
-Luffy vs Page One and Ulti
-Yamato vs Ulti (twice)
-Luffy vs Yamato
-Kiku vs Kanjuro
-the Scabbards vs Kaido (multiple chapters)
-Inu and Neko vs Jack (offpanelled)
-Sanji vs King
-Franky vs a Number
-Luffy and Drake vs two Numbers
-Zoro vs Drake
-Ulti and Page One vs Nami and Usopp (starting in 991, Tama showing up in 995)
-Zoro and Drake vs Apoo and Queen (multiple chapters)
-Jinbei vs Briscola
-Yamato vs Sasaki
-Sanji and Jinbei vs Fourtricks and Hamlet
-Marco vs BM and Perospero
-Carrot and Wanda vs Perospero (starting in 995)
-Franky vs Sasaki (starting in 996)
-Yamato vs a Number
-Sanji vs Maria and co (starting 997)
-Jinbei vs WW (starting 998)
-Ace vs Yamato (flashback)
-Marco vs King and Queen (starting 999)
-Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Killer and Law vs Kaido and BM (starting 1000)

Long story short- we’ve had skirmishes. Plenty of them. We don’t need another ten chapters of setup before the fights proper begin. Every main Beast Pirate (except Hawkins) has been in combat, some have been for a good while, and Jack’s the only one (again, except Hawkins) currently unoccupied.

As for the Scabbards, they are not going to take over and take the Flying Six from the Strawhats. Their big moment was 992, where each of them landed a named hit on Kaido. They may well help out, but the Strawhats are the main figures. The Numbers are nobodies, no personality, no interesting fighting style, getting tossed aside with ease. There’s no reason to suddenly start expecting anything from the remaining ones.

Assuming we cut away from the rooftop next chapter, there’s every chance we can see the first of the Flying Six defeated as the final chapter of Volume 99 and if not they’ll start to go down in Volume 100.

Nami and Tama can beat Ulti next chapter if Oda wants it. They’ve been fighting since 991, Nami’s already “lost” the first skirmish but not been taken out, and it’s very unlikely that their plan will fail and Nami will be beaten a second time, because then our heroine isn’t getting payback against the opponent that’s given her probably the biggest physical beating she’s had in the series. That’s just not happening, Nami is for certain beating Ulti. Page One and Usopp, that might still swap, but the Nami fight is set in stone.

The only thing stopping the fights starting imminently would be a big flashback, and that’s unlikely to happen since we’ve already had the massive Oden one. Like @duckman is saying above, this is the tower of justice phase, where every single subordinate fight was shown from begin to finish in only 17 chapters. And that was including three Strawhats swapping opponents and the bits people would count as skirmishing- Zoro vs Kaku being very longrunning in the background.

If we’re comparing to Dressrosa, this is the stage where Luffy and Law started fighting Doffy on the roof. Only this time we’ve already had our big arc flashback. Counting Law’s flashback, all those fights were done in ~20 ish chapters. Take Law’s flashback out, that was more like 12-13. Law’s flashback was what delayed the fights- with that out, it’s time to begin.

The set up for the fights has been happening for ages now. We’ve already had a load of skirmishes. Starting in 980, we’ve had
-Luffy and Zoro (and Kid) vs Apoo
-BM vs various Strawhats (twice)
-Luffy vs Page One and Ulti
-Yamato vs Ulti (twice)
-Luffy vs Yamato
-Kiku vs Kanjuro
-the Scabbards vs Kaido (multiple chapters)
-Inu and Neko vs Jack (offpanelled)
-Sanji vs King
-Franky vs a Number
-Luffy and Drake vs two Numbers
-Zoro vs Drake
-Ulti and Page One vs Nami and Usopp (starting in 991, Tama showing up in 995)
-Zoro and Drake vs Apoo and Queen (multiple chapters)
-Jinbei vs Briscola
-Yamato vs Sasaki
-Sanji and Jinbei vs Fourtricks and Hamlet
-Marco vs BM and Perospero
-Carrot and Wanda vs Perospero (starting in 995)
-Franky vs Sasaki (starting in 996)
-Yamato vs a Number
-Sanji vs Maria and co (starting 997)
-Jinbei vs WW (starting 998)
-Ace vs Yamato (flashback)
-Marco vs King and Queen (starting 999)
-Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Killer and Law vs Kaido and BM (starting 1000)

Long story short- we’ve had skirmishes. Plenty of them. We don’t need another ten chapters of setup before the fights proper begin. Every main Beast Pirate (except Hawkins) has been in combat, some have been for a good while, and Jack’s the only one (again, except Hawkins) currently unoccupied.

As for the Scabbards, they are not going to take over and take the Flying Six from the Strawhats. Their big moment was 992, where each of them landed a named hit on Kaido. They may well help out, but the Strawhats are the main figures. The Numbers are nobodies, no personality, no interesting fighting style, getting tossed aside with ease. There’s no reason to suddenly start expecting anything from the remaining ones.

Assuming we cut away from the rooftop next chapter, there’s every chance we can see the first of the Flying Six defeated as the final chapter of Volume 99 and if not they’ll start to go down in Volume 100.
The point i was making wasnt that it can't happen, its that its not guaranteed to happen like that user was insinuating. There are way too many focal points and situations that don't even guarantee Ulti/P1 are a focus the next 4 chapters.

Thats all I was saying.

Their is a reason why Law teleport all of them from the roof to the ground, Oda already set up Sasaki vs Kyoshiro.
The scabbards helping for sure against the Flyers, the Strawhat+nerfed Scabbards vs Flyers with going down of the Strawhats taking the w together with the Scabbards.
Yeah hopefully. I always wanted Izo/Kiku vs. Ulti/P1 matchup. Made WAYYY more sense than Nami/Usopp soloing.

Like I don't mind SHs getting involved, as long as they're not soloing.

Oda: Let me give Sanji a second backstory. A power ranger outfit because kids love power rangers. Oh, also his dream power. Also, let him knock fluffy out and have everyone say how strong he is.

Fans: WTF Oda hates Sanji
Oda: I won’t give Sanji a big fight in his own arc. I will give him a suit, because I’m too lazy to give him a power of his own. I’ll let Black Maria trap him easily. I’ll make the fodders recognize Jinbe and Luffy, but disrespect Sanji

Oda: I won’t give Sanji a big fight in his own arc. I will give him a suit, because I’m too lazy to give him a power of his own. I’ll let Black Maria trap him easily. I’ll make the fodders recognize Jinbe and Luffy, but disrespect Sanji
Oda: I'll have Sanji defeat Luffy, the MC of the manga while Luffy tells him how awesome he is and while everyone watches him defeat Luffy. I'll have Sanji fight evenly with a Raid Suit without using a Raid Suit. I'll have him out CoO the Coo master that Luffy couldn't out CoO. I'll have him out speed Oven. I'll have even his cooking skills be enough to satisfy the annoying Big Mom, and a woman will fall in love with him while everyone calls him awesome. No way the fans can misread this.

The fans: >:(

Oda: I'll have Sanji defeat Luffy, the MC of the manga while Luffy tells him how awesome he is and while everyone watches him defeat Luffy. I'll have Sanji fight evenly with a Raid Suit without using a Raid Suit. I'll have him out CoO the Coo master that Luffy couldn't out CoO. I'll have him out speed Oven. I'll have even his cooking skills be enough to satisfy the annoying Big Mom, and a woman will fall in love with him while everyone calls him awesome. No way the fans can misread this.

The fans: >:(
My man, you can’t tell me that Oda likes him.
He has Zoro defeat Monet, Pica and Killer. I don’t even know why he didn’t let Sanji defeat Pageone, I was hopeful when Sanji said that he would beat him in an instant only for Oda to not do that. I’m not denying that Sanji has had some good feats, that’s the least Oda can do for the 3rd most popular character of the fucking series. He has Zoro have somr badass speech about killinh Kaido and has him and Luffy fighting Kaido right now, while Sanji out here simping in the middle of the war. I just don’t understand why he treats Sanji like this, he’s on of the most popular character, but he got Killer here fighting Kaido. And about the Raid Suit, I still don’t like that shit. Sanji was my favourite because he didn’t any weapons or Devil Fruit to fight, but now he got the fucking suit. This guy hates his family and said he would never use it, but he used it anyways. Why couldn’t Oda just upgrade Sanji’s haki, it’s literally easy, just give someone in Wano to train him or have him fight to his limit in Wci and upgrade his haki that way

My man, you can’t tell me that Oda likes him.
He has Zoro defeat Monet, Pica and Killer. I don’t even know why he didn’t let Sanji defeat Pageone, I was hopeful when Sanji said that he would beat him in an instant only for Oda to not do that. I’m not denying that Sanji has had some good feats, that’s the least Oda can do for the 3rd most popular character of the fucking series. He has Zoro have somr badass speech about killinh Kaido and has him and Luffy fighting Kaido right now, while Sanji out here simping in the middle of the war. I just don’t understand why he treats Sanji like this, he’s on of the most popular character, but he got Killer here fighting Kaido. And about the Raid Suit, I still don’t like that shit. Sanji was my favourite because he didn’t any weapons or Devil Fruit to fight, but now he got the fucking suit. This guy hates his family and said he would never use it, but he used it anyways. Why couldn’t Oda just upgrade Sanji’s haki, it’s literally easy, just give someone in Wano to train him or have him fight to his limit in Wci and upgrade his haki that way
Reread my post.

Sanji does many cool things. All you guys do is diminish everything he does that's cool and then claim Oda hates him. Period.

Swap Sanji out for Zoro in the roof and you would still complain. Whether it's Raid Suit or something else, there's always a reason.

Anyway, when's the SBS coming

Last edited:
Reread my post.

Sanji does many cool things. All you guys do is diminish everything he does that's cool and then claim Oda hates him. Period.

Swap Sanji out for Zoro in the roof and you would still complain. Whether it's Raid Suit or something else, there's always a reason.

Anyway, when's the SBS coming
I see what you’re saying and I said that I don’t dismiss his feats, what I’m saying is that it’s the least Oda can do for Sanji.

The sbs should come out 2 days before the official release of the volume in Japan