Current Events Wano Arc Review(1000-1053+)

B

Ballel

What did you think of Sanji asking Robin for help?
Oda shouldn't have used Sanji's weakest character trait to hype Robin, a de faction plot device that hasn't had a fight in over a decade. The female character's relevance is at the mercy of the make character's "positive" sexism.
On top of it, Black Maria takes drugs to alter her hybrid form in favor of a stereotypically "beautiful" appearance which makes their battle look like a cat fight.
Oda fails to write compelling fights for his female characters: the characters are put in place artificially, it's not natural.
Oda breaks the flow of the story and inserts an "extra" situation only so that his female protagonist can fight another woman -a callback to Nami vs Kalifa.
The fight itself is nothing special, it gets its appeal from the fact that, after over a decade, Robin even fights at all.

•What did you think of the nickname "Wings" given to Zoro and Sanji and what did you think of their fights against King and Queen?
The King fight was one of Zoro's weakest fights. Not strength wise but plot wise.
King's transformations and forms are a mess. Why does he need Lunarian wings in his base form and devil fruit wings? Like with Kaido's characterisation, Oda poured all sorts of different stuff into this fight as well as King's character design(s).
The fire dragon being an obvious allusion to the ZKK theory.
Zoro's victory was not satisfying and the grim reaper plot unnecessary.

The Sanji vs Queen fight was funny but dumb. Sanji's victory doesn't feel deserved because Queen defeated himself due to his lack of competence.
All this being meant as a gag doesn't justify it.
Instead, Oda should have have highlighted both characters' competence while keeping the funny tone.
Overall, the fight is nothing more but a mere setting for Sanji's Germa/Raid Suit plot.
The "Wings of the Pirate King" title was meant as a slap in the face of Zoro supremacists.

What did you think of Sanji awakening his Germa Genes?
I wrote this many times here, I don't like Oda's attempt at normalizing genetic modifications and transhumanism.
The message that Sanji's emotions are what make him human despite having a genetically engineered body has a weaker impact than the fact that his body is fundamentally unnatural.
His modifications beg the question to which degree Sanji's fighting prowess is a product of hard work/his own will at all.
When a human's lineage factor can be designed at will, why do hard work and determination even matter?

•What did you think of Joyboy Luffy's fight against Kaido?
Too long. Too stretched out. It's the same thing over and over again.
Eventually Luffy did win because his punch was strong.
Oh, and the punch is also magical and divine.

What do you think of Momo Adult?
As we can see in the recently published drafts, Momonosuke's adult design had been planned out for a good amount of time.

And it's not like he looks bad. But if Oda thinks a handsome adult look can magically make Momo a better character he's mistaken.
Does he really think the fandom is this dumb?!

What did you think of Buggy being Yonko?
Awsome.
Oda's ultimate troll move(and apparently planned since forever).
It does make sense. Buggy's character is all about appearing as more than he is, Buggy is a trickster, using his pure luck to his advantage.

I like that there are different types of Yonko:
  • A natural born monster with the desire to rule a nation
  • A natural born monster with the desire to wage infinite war
  • A guy with a small crew who chills on an island and probably has some kind of secret connection with the government
  • A cowardly, weak, yet madly ambitious and cunning agent of chaos
  • A funny kid who naively jumps across the world, running purely on instinct, with ferocious levels of non-egoistic ambition and "the chosen one"
  • A clown in the literal sense

What did you think of Admiral Greenbull's arrival in Wano
That's an intelligent move from Oda's side. Greenbull's full reveal is clearly written as a cliffhanger.
How was he capable of decimating King and Queen without any effort? Were they still injured? Did Greenbull imprison them in Udon or interrupt their attempt at re-grouping with their crew members?

Whom was he talking to over the DenDen Mushi?
We really don't know who is talking to whom at all.

How was it for you to follow the Wano arc weekly?
Very tiresome.
Oda stretches out unnecessary plots and it felt as if nothing is happening for weeks. First they save Momo, then it's the fire plot, then the bombs endanger the island, then the disappearance of Kaido's flame clouds endanger the Flower Capital......
not to mention Tama's kibi dango plot. I don't understand why Oda thought it's a good idea to write a small child into a war scenario.

Had Tama remained the emotional connection to Wano's suffering, the representative of its oppressed citizens I would have enjoyed her character more.

Which brings us to the next point: Wano and Onigashima should be seen as separate arcs and among those two Wano is the better one.

The strawhats' bonding with the citizens and them blending with the populace was a good read. Aside of a few overly long plotlines (like the Sumo plot in early Wano) Wano is an ok arc with the potential to become better in a re-read.
Onigashima, on the other hand, is a mess and umsatisfying to read weekly. And then the ending is ofpanneled :lawsigh:

What did you think of Kaido's Flashback?
Too short. Not even a real flashback and unsatisfying.
Kaido, being the collection of villain tropes that he is, remains blunt.
The flashback is made up of unnamed characters narrating Kaido's past, Oda again fails to live up to "show, not tell".

Wano arc isn't fully finished yet but I think there's more than enough for us to discuss. Well I'll start by saying my opinion about the general events of Wano more specifically from chapter 1000 to 1053, then I'll give my final verdict and then I'll ask you some questions.

-The 5 Rooftop and The Youkous (1000-1010)

I liked the performance of the Supernovas against the Yonkous, Oda managed to create a moment for each of the Supernovas to shine against Kaido and Big Mom.
•Zoro and Killer fighting Kaido together.
•Killer attacking Kaido with his Kaama Sonic.
•Slam Gibson by Kidd.
•Zoro cutting off one of Onigashima's skulls with his Hiryuu Kaen.
•Zoro blocking Hakai.
Too much hype.

- "Robin-Chan, Save me" (1005)

I remember the repercussion was Sanji asking Robin for help, many people called it pathetic and weak. I particularly didn't see a problem with it, I believe that Sanji asking Robin for help was a way to generate hype for Robin, because let's be honest, if Sanji didn't have his code of not hitting a women, he would easily kill Black Maria.

- Zoro'Conqueror Haki/Asura (1010)

•I liked that Zoro awakened the CoC. It really makes a lot of sense with the character, after all he's almost as ambitious as Luffy, and it's also nice to know that there's one more Conqueror in the crew.
•However, I liked the return of Asura much more than the CoC. Asura is Zoro's most iconic attack, and it hasn't come back for more than a decade, is it because before Wano, Zoro didn't have any opponents up to the point where he needed to use Asura? Maybe, but anyway, for me, seeing a Pre-TS attack returning was good, and Zoro still scarring Kaido......Amazing.
:steef:
In short, I liked the treatment Zoro received on the Rooftop, I just wanted other characters to have that kind of treatment too.

-Kinnemon (Fake) Death (1014)

First I would like to understand, what was the purpose of Kinnemon's fake death scene? did it give more emotion to the Onigashima war? Anyway, it sucked. And maybe the worst was not that Kinnemon didn't die, but the excuse why Kinnemon didn't die. The reason Kinnemon didn't die was because in Punk Hazard, Law didn't glue his parts right, and then when Kaido attacked him, his parts came off...... and then there's a gag where Kinnemon talks to Usopp by the fucking ass.
:ohreally:
Really Oda?
-Straw Hats VS Tobiroppos (1014-1022)

I'll briefly talk about what I thought of the Strawhats' fight against the Tobiroppos.
•Jinbei vs WW: I liked the Martial Arts style covered in the fight, Fishman VS Rokushiki Karate. Good Choreography, but could have been bigger if WW didn't talk so much.
Nico Robin vs BM: Surprisingly good, the Gigant Fleur and the Demoniac Fleur, in addition to being very beautiful, were my Top 5 favorite Wano PUs, if they had CoA coating it would have been Perfect.
Franky vs Sasaki: Kind of short and bland. Jinbe and Robin had 2 fighting chapters, while Franky only had 1 chapter, okay, he was fighting Sasaki before, but I think Oda could have made a more elaborate fight for Franky. If I were to summarize Franky Vs Sasaki, it would be like this:
:laughmoji:

- The Pirate King "Wings" (1022-1035)

I liked the nickname "Wings", it shows how Zoro and Sanji are EQUALLY essential for Luffy to become the Pirate King, SUCK THAT JINBEI AND YAMATO.
:datas::datas:

Back to the topic, about Zoro and Sanji's fights. •Sanji vs Queen: the fight was....Okay, it wasn't rubbish as some people like to say, but I feel like Oda missed the opportunity to show what Sanji really learned in TS. He could have used Sanji's much-hyped Okama-Kenpo as a resource for excellent choreography and panels, making for a more immersive fight, but Oda preferred the standard. For me the thing that made Sanji vs Queen the most good, was the IJ with Plasm... I mean Blue Flames.
•Zoro vs King: the fight was good but I also felt disappointed, not because of Zoro, but because of King. I thought that King would give more work to the pro, that King would crush Zoro and that Zoro at his limit would beat King, something more like Zoro vs Mr 1, but that's not how it happened.
:kayneshrug:
- Yamato DF/Flashback (1015-1025)

•I really liked the choice of Oda for Yamato's DF, many people theorized that her fruit could be the T-Rex or some other Japanese legend, but the Inu Inu no mi Modelo: Okuchi Makami was the ideal choice. The design of the Hybrid Form, the Zoan form, the ice powers, everything was amazing, probably Oda chose the Dog's fruit to reference the Tale of Momotaro where Yamato would represent the Dog.
•About her Flashback, it was decent, nothing too melancholy or exciting but it worked well for the character, I just missed seeing her training and mastering her fruit, and also more of her relationship with Kaido before Wano.

- Cipher Pol 0 (1028-1043)

The Cp0 in Wano was "Okay". First Lucci says they need to capture Nico Robin, so we thought "Wow will we have Brook vs CP0 agents? will we have Usopp vs CP0 agents(LMFAO)? when in reality CP0 fights Apoo, Drake and Izou generating some good fights "Meh". However, one agent in particular carried CP0 on his back in this arc, MR GOOOOO. The best part of CP0's storyline in Wano was without a doubt Mr Go facing Kaido's blows.
:pepego::pepego:
:mrgo:

- Sanji Awakening (1028-1033)

Well despite the criticism about the awakening of Sanji's Genes, that Sanji is daddy's boy, that Sora's sacrifice was in vain and etc, I particularly liked it. I found a PU quite interesting and opens up more possibilities than the Raid Suit. I liked the justification that the Raid Suit that activated Sanji's Genes. I liked the narrative line that Genes da Germa generated, showing that Sanji's awakening was not about him losing or not his emotions, but about him overcoming his demons and using his lineage to his favor, becoming, no, the greatest Judge's failure, but the Judge's greatest success (it even gave me chills).
:sanmoji::sanmoji:
The only problem for me was the conclusion of his fight with Queen, where his eyebrow snaps back into place, like, what does that mean? does that mean it's a mode? did he lose his genes? That got a little shitty for me.

- Kidd and Law Awakening vs Big mom(1030-1040)

I liked the fact that Kidd and Law awakened their fruits more than the awakening itself. If I were to speak briefly, I would say that Kidd and Law's awakening and their fight against Big Mom was a good example of "wasted potential", especially Kidd.
•Kidd was by far the worst thing about the Big Mom fight for the simple reason that Oda didn't give the hype due to him, and....just remembering that fucking Metal Bull gives me nightmares, in others. In other words, Oda didn't know how to use Kidd's FD in an intelligent way.
•On the other hand, Law's awakening was much more interesting, and much more well-crafted to the point of overshadowing Kidd in battle. The Kroom, Anesthesia were very creative and useful attacks against Big Mom, and the R-Room:Silent (which was inspired by the power of the Heart)....Incredible.
•Big Mom performed until Okay in the fight, people complain that she didn't show her awakening, but I think Linlin's Giant transformation was quite satisfying.

- Apoo and X-Drake (1031- 1042)

Well, what can I say about X-Drake? I just didn't like his role in Wano, he was humiliated by CP0 and in the end, in the end he was bleeding next to Hawkins. About Apoo, I thought whatever, he was crushed beautifully by Zoro, allied with Drake, was crushed again by CP0 and in the end had a redemption in a way "Okay". In short, I didn't care about Drake and Apoo's role and I still don't.

- King's Identity Reveal/ Flashback (1035)

I liked the subversion of expectation regarding King's identity. Many theorized that because Oda was a fucking troll King's appearance would be weird or monstrous, but the reality was the opposite. His Flashback was good, it showed King and Kaido's relationship and King's interest in Joyboy added an extra layer to the character.
:goyea:

-Hyori and Orochi (1041-1048)

Problematic. First Orochi had died who knows how many times (I lost count), then Hyori arrives and then takes revenge on him, then we thought "woow, Hyori finally avenged her father and Cla Kozuki", until later it is revealed that Orochi HE HAS NOT DIED YET, breaking all the mood of the scene, and in the end Denjiro arrives and kills him. In short, pretty bad.
:jay-yeah:

- Luffy Joyboy/Nika Devil Fruit(1043-1044)

For me this was one of the bravest choices Oda ever made in OP, he simply changed over 20 years of Luffy and his DF history, but let's share. Luffy being Joyboy makes a lot of sense within the essence of the character, he always sought to be free, he freed all his Nakamas and freed all the people of the islands he visited. About changing his Fruit, I have some reservations like, how was Shanks not aware of this fruit? if the fruit has not awakened for 500 years, have there been other users of this fruit? Well I'm not going to burn my neurons, so I accepted quite brave on the part of Oda

-Luffy Joyboy vs Kaido(1044-1050)

I'll be honest, I really enjoyed this fight. Luffy's wacky, wacky G5 style and his megalomaniacal attacks of getting Giant and getting into Kaido's eyes like a cartoon was a lot of fun. Is it better than Luffy vs Lucci and Luffy vs Kata? No, but overall it was quite satisfying, even more so in the part where Kaido is about to be attacked by Luffy and smiles.
-Kaido Flashback(1049)

As much as I understand that much of Kaido's story is tied to the Rocks and that Oda is still saving Xebec for the future, I found Kaido's Flashback too short and doesn't explain much of the character. Why is Kaido depressed? why does he drink a lot? Your relationship with Yamato before arriving in Wano? those were questions that weren't answered in his flashback, and that's why I consider it one of Wano's flaws, because we've all always wanted to see Kaido's Flashback and when it was finally shown, it was frustrating.
:lusalty:

- Kaido and Bing Mom "End"

Funny. Not fun because they fell into Magma, that for me was more or less, it was fun because of the connection that the fans made with the volcano of Magma and Akainu, saying that theoretically Akainu>>Kaido and Big Mom
:ronalaugh::ronalaugh::ronalaugh:
These OP Fandom is too much funny.
- Momonosuke Adult(1016-1051)

I liked the storyline of Momo becoming an Adult and having to mature for the sake of Wano's country. His look, his speech to the people of Wano Kuni, the phrase that he will be the greatest Shogun of Wano, all of that worked for me, and also that scene where Yamato puts a plate under Momo's head, making Momo look like Oden It was very beautiful.

- Admiral Ryokugyou/Aramaki (1052-1053+)

No words to describe Admiral Greenbull. Great entry, Great Design, awesome powers, showing that "2 YCs>>1 Admiral" is just bullshit. Hope to see more of him in the next chapters.

- New Emperors and Bounties (1053)

Much more cool and interesing than would be if Kidd or Law.I'm not kidding, Buggy becoming Yonko is very interesting. I don't think Buggy became Yonko out of sheer luck or anything, I really think he did something to get WG named him Yonko, and that's way cooler than it would have been Kidd or Law being the new Yonko.

- (my) Veredict:
7.5/10. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed Wano and had a lot of fun being the first arc I follow weekly. The subversion of expectation was something very well worked on in this arc.
I still want to see how the conclusion of the arc will be, and if it will improve or worsen Wano.In short, another good One Piece arc.

-Now about you:
(You don't have to answer all these questions but please, at least answer 5.)

•What did you think of Supernovas' Rooftop performance against Yonkous?

•What did you think of Sanji asking Robin for help?

•What did you think of Zoro awakening CoC in Wano?

•What did you think of Kinnemon's fake death?

•What did you think of the Strawhats' fights against the Tobiroppos?

•What did you think of the nickname "Wings" given to Zoro and Sanji and what did you think of their fights against King and Queen?

•What did you think of Yamato's DF choice and her Flashback?

•What did you think of CP0's role in Wano?

•What did you think of Sanji awakening his Germa Genes?

•What did you think of Kidd and Law's Awakening performance and what did you think of their fight against Big Mom?

•What did you think of X-Drake and Apoo's role in Wano?

•What did you think of King's identity reveal and his Flashback?

•What did you think of the Hyori and Orochi plot in the war, and what did you think of Orochi as a villain?

•What did you think of the reveal of Luffy being Joyboy, and what did you think of Luffy's DF change?

•What did you think of Kaido's Flashback?

•What did you think of the ending of Kaido and Big Mom?

•What do you think of Momo Adult?

•What did you think of Admiral Greenbull's arrival in Wano?

•What did you think of Buggy being Yonko?

- Now, the two most important questions:
•How was it for you to follow the Wano arc weekly?

•What is your current Wano Verdict?

@AL sama , @TheAncientCenturion , @Bango🍅 , @Natalija , @Pantheos , @Gol D. Roger , @Finalbeta , @Bogard , @Light D Lamperouge , @Chrono , @LANJI CUCKSMOKE , @Garp the Fist , @RayanOO , @Sanji D Goat , @Jew D. Boy , @KiriNigiri , @bennbeckman , @Charlotte LinLin , @SmokedOut , @Fujishiro , @TheKnightOfTheSea , @Van , @Zolo , @ShishioIsBack , @Orojackson Refugee , @comrade , @Giggio , @solis , @uyuu , @MonsterKaido @Monster Luffy , @Shasha23 , @Cinera , @Yasheen , @Doggo , @NAMELESS , @Nameless-San , @BleakAsh , @Herrera95 , @Crocks , @Sasaki Kojirō , @lee33 , @The Strawhats Bible , @Roronoa-sama @roronoa_fan , @Peroroncino , @Lhululu , @RoronoaButters , @L55 , @Nagasaki , @GoldDiamond , @Extravlad , @AdmiralKinyagi , @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung , @God Tier Sovereignty , @Rottkins , @Hamlette , @Iam25 , @Gorosei , @Albino 👑 , @style , @AkainuTheGrimReaper , @Sigran101 , @Roo , @JoSeungHun7335 , @Monkey D Al , @Rootbeer , @Animangaboy , @thedarkdragon11 , @Staticshadic , @Gaimon The Pirate , @Topi Jerami , @Adamxero , @Tejas , @Buusatan94 , @Monkey D Theories , @nik87 , @ConquistadoR , @HA001 , @Luffy is the mc , @Midnight Delight , @sanjikun , @Ghostly Reflections , @Monkey D. Luffy , @MarineHQ62 , @Cross_Marian , @OnePiss , @Jailer , @S.W317 , @SeaTonnes , @Erkan12 , @The White Crane , @pg13 , @kumae , @Fn Lucci , @Hanzo hattori , @Phoenix D. King , @Killer#777 , @Surgeon of death , @Trafalgar_D_Law , @centurion , @Steven , @Echizen_Jo_Ndule , @Boiroy , @DonWick , @BornInAbyss , @Kiddoo , @Eustass , @Usopp Haoshoku Haki , @Water1415 , @Red Admiral , @Salah WG , @Wildfire Kaios , @Swallalala , @ArturCantSpeakJapanese , @kurwa , @mrtsrdr , @kenedyfake , @K!NG HARA$H!MA , @Owl Ki , @Wiwi , @Weeman , @Lor D. Coast , @Shisui , @IsaziSempi , @Franosuke , @Kiiro , @Tai long , @Swordtaker , @stealthblack , @Gear5PhoenixMan , @Zaretball , @SkySanji , @Mackiss , @rerere , @Mr. Reloaded , @MonsterZoro , @WizardKing , @Vinsmoke D. Zolo , @Wuuuke
Zolo the useless cross you forget where sanji saved zolo or where zolo bet death to not kill him HAHAHAH

It was pretty good for what it is.

I think it was pathetic.

Not surprising since he sort of use it before back in alabasta fighting Daz Bones.

He was never shown or proclaimed dead so can you really call it fake.

they were alright for ancient zoans with thier physical strength and all but doflamingo's officers were just better fighters in my opinion. But I will say Ulti and Black maria were the only two tobi roppos that pique my interest.

It's just something robin said at the moment I wouldn't delved in too much in it and she was only referring to Sanji only right? Also the was great for those two both learn something new about themselves. Zoro has finally got enma fully under control and Sanji has finally awaken his genetic exoskeleton for the first time probably was a late bloomer. It also explain how he could use diablo jambe(don't know if spell correctly).
What is there to think about he still don't anything about fully without the Oden persona. It's like she exist to just exist to be like Oden who she didn't know personally.
Probably the important thing in that arc.
Bound to happen since Ennis lobby.
•What did you think of Kidd and Law's Awakening performance and what did you think of their fight against Big Mom?
I think kid carry most of the fight while law played the ace which is ultimately gave them the victory. I also like how they use their smarts instead of brawn to beat a stronger opponent.
What was their role again?
What is there to think about.

•What did you think of the Hyori and Orochi plot in the war, and what did you think of Orochi as a villain?
It's great it finally has an conclusion and he was a better villain since he plan things ahead of time but that's mostly due to paranoia.
•What did you think of the reveal of Luffy being Joyboy, and what did you think of Luffy's DF change?
I always found it odd he can do the things he do that rubber shouldn't be able to do. The him being Joyboy was a shock to me at least.
No different how he normally fights from previous opponents by doing a lot of silly shit.
There's not much to go by to give an opinion about it.
new generation>old generation

You mean adult momo looks Oden has the body of Oden but it's still momo overall who has much more brave throughout this entire story.
Excited to see what he does on panel.
Other than being a gag character it still makes sense narrative wise. Kid and law just doesn't have that many strong allies or many territories like buggy does.
It was great for what it was but I personally personally prefer dressrosa and the whole cake island arc better.

Was worst arc of the series I have to make arguments for that.

Rooftop 5 was terrible. Removes Kid and Killer. It doesn't make a difference. And Law is there only to shambles Scabbards and Zoro to save everybody. Luffy and Zoro are the only relevant damage dealers.

I can understand Killer attack doing some kind of damage to Kaido but nothing impressive. And Kid...

Tobiroppo fights were too much boring and didn't lived the hype. Almost all of them defeated by non haki users.
Jimbei was overkill to WsW that was being portrayed as YC material. And also he didn't want to take a part in this war. He was chilling in his room.

It sucks that P1 and Ulti had to be defeated by BM. Even that Zeus landed the last hit on Ulti.

Sanji was terrible on this raid. He started good with RS. He had a good moment with Black Maria and Robin. But besides that he sucked. He left Nami and Usopp in danger so he could help Luffy beating fodders till rooftop. His PU plot makes no fucking sense and it is stupid. I'm against Okama Kenpo since he is not gay but that PU was shit to him. RS was just fine. Already durable enough to handle King.

Kid and Law awakening out of nowhere after their poor execution on rooftop. Yet lost to Big Mom so they magically not only win against her but humiliate her like it was a no diff. Law stamina issue was irrelevant. Kid still doing no damage to me. Big Mom not using her ACoC makes the fight feel false.

Luffy vs Kaido sucks. It is disgusting how Luffy comes back defeat after defeat sometimes without big changes as after he lost in 1013. And he comes back somehow stronger only to lose once more. This was the first time Oda did that shit. All others Luffy had something new to use. A reason to fight again and not only get his add beating because never changed since last fight. His DF changes sucks. Sucks because doesn't make any sense story wise. Sucks because he the power itself is ridiculous stupid in a bad way and not funny at all. And also Oda himself dropped that stupid idea of goofy fight and made him serious for final blow. But the damage is already done.

Zoro vs King is awesome. Second best fight of Zoro after just Mr 1. But it also sucks the fact that Oda has to nerf Zoro so much to justify Luffy beating the strongest and not him. Nerf Zoro removing Shusui. Nerf him by giving Enma. Nerf him with Hakai broken bones consequences. Magic pill which is stupid but also had consequences. I feel bad for King that Zoro real fight was against Enma. Oda should have made him at least able to hurt badly King flames on. At the end it seems to me that Zoro would be perfectly fine taking down King without ACoC once he understands his trick. Would be harder would need more attacks but would be done.

The end of raid was ridiculous. Deaths that need confirmation after chapters and days without any emotion. Again villains that defeated their opponents multiple times but can only lose one time. And of course Oda lie about Kaido not being defeated by a stronger punch of Luffy.

Very good. For me the best One Piece fight ahead of Oz. It's a shame that Oda doesn't like outnumbered fights. He is much better at it than 1 vs 1.

I don't see the drama. We know that it is an intrinsic characteristic of Sanji. I honestly see a little unfair that he is criticized for this.

It was something to be expected. I don't think this caught anyone by surprise. But at the time it was made, it seems perfect to me. It's not just the CoC, but it's coupled with Luffy's defense, the use of Ashura after 500 chapters, and Kaido's injury.

Visually and emotionally it is spectacular. But I already have the rule of not giving anyone up for dead unless we see their corpse LoL. So the truth is that I'm not surprised that he survived. In addition, the justification seems acceptable to me. Better than nothing.

I liked Robin's a lot, I liked the rest. It seems to me that they are above the average of what One Piece is. The only thing I didn't like was that Usopp didn't do much. But I think he is saving himself for Elbaf.

The term of Wings seems fine to me without more. It really was a known thing.

The Zoro vs King fight seems to me the best after Mr1. And in the upper part of One Piece.

The Sanji vs Queen fight seems to me the worst in One Piece by far. Until the awakening of Sanji's genes fine, but then Queen seems to me the worst villain of all. Worse than Wapol or Foxy who at least are fools with a sense of plot.

The pasts are one of the strengths of One Piece. What do you want me to say. The cool fruit, but without more.

Indifferent. If they had not been, nothing happens.

The powers as such I like. I think that's what Sanji needed. But I preferred the Raid Suit. I like something that I can visually identify and not a magical skeleton. Also, I'm not convinced by Sanji's attitude towards the Germa's powers. I think he should have put his pride aside and accepted them from the start.

I like the fight. But it leaves me with the feeling that Big Mom was nerfed. I barely use Hakis and I don't use AdCoC, which has been the great protagonist of the arc and one of the strongest powers.

I hated Apoo, which I think is good because it was the character's mission. From X-Drake I expected more.

Very well. I think it was short, but enough to give King depth. As I say, Oda is very good with the past.

I liked the whole Orochi theme. Another useless character but with plot sense, not like Queen, who also makes himself hated. My only regret is that it wasn't Hiyori who landed the last blow. It doesn't seem like a drama to me, but I wish Denjiro hadn't acted. Just letting Orochi burn.

At the moment it seems irrelevant to me. Everything that Luffy has done more or less was expected from the possible awakening of the Gomu Gomu. I don't see the drama at the moment, we'll see in the future. Also, the toons theme is pure One Piece.

Average. To be One Piece is not bad. I think people had too high expectations, but I don't think One Piece will be remembered for his fights.

Not bad, but I think we all want to know about Rocks. But I think that's saved for the battle against Kurohigue.

As I told you above, for me at the moment they are alive. But if it had been his end, I don't think it's bad.

I like it, it looks like Oden but it's not a carbon copy. Better than she expected.

Is soon.

It was in my plans. But I like it for now.

It has been made long because it is a long bow. But for me it has not had a bad rhythm. In fact, I have reread the part of Wano in one go and the truth is that it improves a lot.

I liked it, for me it is the best bow since the Time Skip. And it's at the top of One Piece. I would give it an 8.5/10

•What did you think of this topic?
I add this question because I thought it was a great topic. You have worked very well and it is also interesting.

I would like more themes of this style and less themes of a line throwing garbage at a character or putting another at the God level.

Honestly the war was bad. Like really bad.
The fights were not treally good and too many plotholes.

-BM vs Kid and Law could have been waaay better
-Let BM use haki based attacks on screen
-Be more creative with Kid and Law DF.
Give Kid and Law each 1 advHaki.
-Why no CoC from Kid ?
-Why is Sanjis eyebrows back to normal ?
-What happened to Sanji losing his emotions ?
-What happened to Zoros grim reaper plotline ?
-Why no Zoro samurai moment ?
-What happened to Ussops CoO ?
-What did Nami even do that was of importance aside from finishing a weakened opponent ?
-What did Laws and Kid crew do aside from fighting fodders ?
-No consequences for Apoo ??
-Why the fuck did Zunesha come ?
-Luffy vs Kaido was waaaaaaay to streched out. Their battle easily had 4 times the panel time of the others. I know that Luffy is the MC but that was too much imo.
-Hiyori and Orochi could have been wraped up in 1 chapter...

What did you think of Supernovas' Rooftop performance against Yonkous?
A: I love it

A: Neutral but it sanji character

A: love it and destroy zoro haters headcannon

A: kinemon like legit died three times. Kinemon is kaido fan nightmare

A: I think the fights are average. The jinbe vs who who is best one for me.

A: Wings mean both strongest luffy men . I like king vs zoro but it should be better and longer. Sanji vs queen is average and need more work.like showing awaking queen .

A: neutral and do t care about her.

A: sad because Mr.Go is not strong like king. But Mr. Go have moments. Cp0 hype crumbles to people because wounded izo defeat cp0. I hope there is more stronger cp0 guys.

It show how cp0 are willing to buy weapon from pirates in black markets secretly as world government true color. Yes world government is corrupt as usual.

A: pretty cool

•What did you think of Kidd and Law's Awakening performance and what did you think of their fight against Big Mom

A: the law awaking look better than Kidd awaking . Big mom is big meme and have bad feats like failing to wound off guard headache Kidd.

A: Drake is disappointed. But appo show greatness and take pictures of cp0 in wano.

A: I think it is okay, should tell us why the king race got almost extinct.

: I never care about two people.

A: I guess luffy is joy boy is slap face of fandom. I have no opinion on luffy DF change . Zoan rubber fruit is weird to me.

A: I like gear 4 luffy better than gear 5 fight. But I will wait gear 5 future fight to change my opinion. But gear 5 make kaiso pushover and I love it.

A: oda is telling kaido is irrelevant in future. If we get xebec flashback, it will be more focus on Roger, garp and xebec.

A: I love and oda keep wanking admirals and grim reaper lord Akainu. Death by magma/lava.

A: Look cool to me and I like design.

A: Greenbull is MVP of wano and best charafter ever. 100/10

A: like oda troll yonko fandom and shank fans. :gokulaugh::gokulaugh:
Post automatically merged:

I rate wano 7/10 for me,

Last edited:

--Decent. Zoro definitely surpassed my expectations. Kidd was mid

--Lol pure comedy

--Surprising but good.

--I didn't think he would die so nothing

--Jimbei fight was good but short. Other fights were okayish to mid

--Nothing for wings. King fight was very good but short. Queen fight was worst fight and garbage

--Good and Good. Wamato

--Meh

--Cool I guess.

--Law was extremely goated. He was Godlike. Kidd was beyond trash. What a dissapointment

--Goat wapoo and trash drake

--Good x Good

--Hiyori was meh and unnecessary. Orochi was good

--I knew luffy was joy boy but yeah it was WTF moment. I like G5 design

--Bad. Drunken kaido vs Pre joy boy luffy is peak fight

--Very limited and meh

--Meh. Hope they are not dead

--Cool looks but immature

--Surpising

--Garbage

- Now, the two most important questions:

Okayish. Onigashima was decent as Kaido is my fav character and BP my fav crew but udon part of wano was hellish

I'd give it a similar rating, 5 or 6 out of 10.
Just compare this to any other war arc and it is apparent exactly how lackluster it is.

Avengers infinity war/endgame shits on wano
Chimera ant arc shits on wano
Shibuya incident arc shits on wano
the shiganshina arc shits on wano

There were no stakes, too much attention was given to unimportant characters, the yonko were defeated by asspulls, none of the straw hats or supernova had good character arcs, and the war itself was far too short(act 3 should have been longer, act 1 and 2 should have been shorter).

I genuinely think the theories/fanfics people had created about this arc were better than the arc itself.
You don't even look into other stories lol, in One Piece alone Marine Ford SHITS on wano

Seriously Shishio Back, are you not even going to talk about Zoro in this arc?
5 I gave only for Zoro

What did you think of Supernovas' Rooftop performance against Yonkous?
They perform well, and I'm glad that adCoA isn't the only way to hurt Kaido. Kidd and Law could also match Luffy when it comes to hurting tough-ass durability.
I really expected them to defeat the 2 Emperors as a team, but Oda decided to separate them. :josad:

What did you think of Sanji asking Robin for help?
I don't think it's problem, I mean it's simply Sanji's character that he won't ever hurt women (unless Meme? lol). He finally learned from his mistake when facing Kalifa alone. He knows he can comfortably beat Kalifa in a fight, but he didn't call nami for help back then.

What did you think of Zoro awakening CoC in Wano
It's inevitable, he's always foreshadowed to have CoC, but I didn't expect he would awaken it without he is realizing it. Dude simply doesn't have idea that he got CoC lol.

What did you think of Kaido's Flashback?
Meh, senior pink's FB is even better.

What did you think of Kidd and Law's Awakening performance and what did you think of their fight against Big Mom?
They did well, awakened their DF in the midst of intense battle. Law is the MvP But it bothers me that they need a bomb to finally put her in grave. And also Meme's attacks seems so shallow lol

I'm disappointed with the questions since there's no question about Usopp, Chopper and Brook not given fights, which should've been an important point... Not gonna wait for your answer since it's obvious why (you're one of the people who don't give AF about them but care about Sanji too much)...

7/10... -3 being the 2 of them given an inferior fight later on...

Overall, I'm fine with it... My problem is just that Sanji became overly chivalrous which is, for me, a red flag for his character development...

As a Zoro fan and seeing his resolve from Day 1, I'm expecting CoC from Zoro for a long time so I'm not surprised except that it happened this early...

My only problem is that, yes he's given CoC early, ok? But where's the Haki of the Hakidiot SHs? I'm disappointed that Oda is hyping the final saga but the rest of the crew still doesn't have at least either of CoA or CoO moving forward... One of Oda's pathetic moves...

IDGAF... The moment Oda wrote that Kin wants to be with his wife after the raid, I don't think he's dying...

I'm disappointed that P1 was given to BM... Should've been given to Brook or Chopper... I'm kinda disappointed that Jinbe was given WsW instead of Jack, but I'll take that as a sign that WsW is actually better than Jack given the factors that Oda wants to make Jinbe look good in his first fight as an official SH by not giving him a character who has lots of Ls...

IDGAF with the nickname... King fight is good, but as a former ZKK fan (I lost hope when G5 was introduced), I'm sad for Enma not finishing its business... Felt like that sword being hax is pointless... Queen, 4/10 because Sanji had difficulty fighting him despite the former fighting without his bioweapons...

I'm fine with Yamato's DF... I felt that Yamato's flashback needs more emphasis... We'll probably see more soon...

They're pointless... They're just written to be added as death counts... They're just written to fight BMPs... They're stupid...

I expected it and IDGAF... Good, at least it's done now...

They should've used it earlier...

Drake, I'm fine with his role... He doesn't really have that enemy vibes from the start... Apoo, he was useless...

None... Lunarians are just Shandorians of the NW...

Orochi 2/10... Pathetic shogun... Hiyori, she's just written there to be a healer and one of the 9 shadows...

Let's not play dumb, we know that Luffy being a Joyboy incarnate since FI arc is kinda imminent given his relationship with Poseidon... I won't consider it as a DF change, but yeah, we've been fooled for years...

Too much gag... But what can we do, it's how Oda wrote the DF...

1/10... Too short... I guess more of his flashbacks would be shown when Xebec's flashback will be shown... I mean, that's probably where his ideals were honed...

I'm not satisfied with how they died, but I'm totally fine that they died, I personally expected it since their death symbolizes the end of the remnants of Rocks Pirates' generation... I mean, even with Xebec's death, his influence via his crew still stood as the reins of the NW until the raid... Also, we know that Oda will never write Luffy to kill an enemy... At least not until either Blackbeard, Akainu or Im...

I'm fine that he doesn't totally look like Oden and that he has touches of Toki...

Interesting... I can't comment on this yet...

I'm fine with it... I just hope that the reason is not as stupid as we think... At least there should be some validity...

I'm used to it... Been normally following the manga since around 2009... Nothing extra special...

Arc isn't over, I can't comment on this yet...