General & Others Wano had very few abandoned plot points

Big mom says Kaido roars after his victories. Just a small character quirk in my mind but apparently a lot of people thought it would be important and were angry when it wasn’t adressed
While that's definitely a nitpick, it's rather funny how he never unleashed his roar when he believed to have been the victor in their bouts.

When I'm talking about "usual stories", I'm also including One Piece. Most of the time when people say something, the opposite happens. That's basic storytelling
No. Oda changed nothing about what we like about the characters. people just don't understand the character in the first place.

Take Sanji from example. People were mad that he didn't had a fight during whole cake and fed Big Mom. But those people actually completely missunderstand Sanji as a character.
I'm sorry.. haven't you read Wano ? If I remember correctly, Luffy said a lot of things very seriously and delivered on ALL OF THEM:

Do you want me to remind you of this scene ?
''Basic story telling'' lmao suuuuure.
Noone understands the characters in One Piece except 13 year old japanese readers and Logiko, am I right ?
You gave Sanji as an example when it is clearly agenda driven, people also mocked Zoro for not One shotting Lucci on the first panel they were shown fighting and mocked Luffy for ''healing'' his opponents instead of hurting them; welcome to agenda piece, a piece that shouldn t be taken too seriously.
You don't seem to remember correctly because what Luffy declared in that video you posted was set in stone since PH...not something he came up with because of Tama; his statement was just ''hype'' and added nothing to nothing.

Last edited:
Lmao had the nerve to mention the fuckin Numbers

But at the end of the day, if people really don't think Wano was full of holes then I'm happy for them.

Weekly reading especially with Oda’s pacing does that sometimes fans latch onto the smallest pieces of dialogue thinking they will be important plot points
Yeah, but I mean, the giant sword I can understand, just to say one that was always brought up even if the manga never "talked" about It explicilty.
This one, one the other hand, Is really peculiar.

I know it’s popular to hate on Wano here but one of the most ridiculous complaints is that there were too many “abandoned” plot lines or that Oda forgot. While I agree that a lot of the execution for the ending of Wano was ass I don’t think Oda forgot about any plot points (other than the Kokeshi dolls shinobu mentioned). Most of the complaints about abandoned plot points are divided into two categories
1. Will be expanded on later and Oda didn’t want to do it Wano (e.g. Rocks flash back will explain more about Kaido and his reasoning in the arc, Ryuma will be explored more later etc.). Now while I think not explaining some these in Wano was a dumb decision they were not abandoned
Or
2. They were never plot points in the first place these usually happen when fan theories are taken as canon or readers misinterpret dialogue thinking it has greater meaning than it does (e.g. Onigashima’s “true name”, Wano Daimyo looking like numbers)
Oda treated Usopp like garbage in Wano, I'm glad the arc will go down as one of the worst in One Piece.

''Basic story telling'' lmao suuuuure.
Noone understands the characters in One Piece except 13 year old japanese readers and Logiko, am I right ?
No. A lot oof people understand One Piece, but I observed that on this forum, there is a lot of misscomprehension about the source material. And yes, that's basic storytelling.

You gave Sanji as an example when it is clearly agenda driven
The problem was not only the agenda, the problem was people completely failing to understand Sanji's character (and still does for most of the part)

ou don't seem to remember correctly because what Luffy declared in that video you posted was set in stone since PH...not something he came up with because of Tama; his statement was just ''hype'' and added nothing to nothing.
The hype comes from the fan. Its the narration that we must follow. And fan have often a hard time following it.

That's principaly why some of the fan hate whole cake and Wano, when those arcs are in fact - not perfect, but - masterpieces