Questions & Mysteries Was the original Joyboy confirmed to be a giant here?

Was the original Joyboy a giant?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

How come Joyboy is so traditional in Elbaf, a country seemingly disconnected from the rest of the world? Dorry and Brogy recognized Luffy a "god" immediately, so their lore about Joyboy is even richer than other related places (Skypiea, Wano, etc.). Even the Gorosei look dismayed by the sight of two giants with Luffy and don't want to run the risk of having Joyboy as "something more than a friend" of the giants. Is the Void Century more related to Elbaf than we think?

Is now the giant strawhat in Mary Geoise explained?

So get this. Luffy can hang out with his giant pals now, they're his equals. If Joyboy was already a giant with the same powers, who did he hang out with ?

Super interesting for me is Brogy calling Nka "this" god and laughing about it, like it's not really serious. Might be there are other gods (Elbaf and so on) and they were all real. Makes Nika seem less important than previous chapters implied. He's not THE god, he's just a cool god. Funny guy, nice with his friends, but not necessarily our saviour.

Cool thing too is the gorosei are not surprised at all about Luffy's powers. They've seen this shit already, maybe on a greater scale. Luffy claps Saturn into a pizza, he counter attacks immediately. Warcury's blast tries to erase Luffy's existence. They know they live in a cartoon, like Luffy will learn soon. I guess they're gods too. Or maybe that's what awakening is : )

Maybe that's all conqueror's haki is : you know your reality is malleable, so you influence it. Nika might only be the ultimate Conqueror. Maybe the gorosei really don't have devil fruits. Maybe this is all just what really strong and ancient conqueror's haki does. Saturn shapes his into spider legs and stabs you with it. Or he condenses it into bullets that he spits at you. The gorosei look out of traditional paintings, Mars especially. Maybe Imu painted them with his brush and gave them part of his haki, like satellites. D is for drawing.

Bonus theory : what if it's all linked to the crazy sizes and ages in one piece. Joyboy and his friends weren't giants, they were just humans. But their foe (a mix of imu and foxy in my mind lol) hit them all with something to reduce their sizes. Centuries later, some huge people remain, but average size is going down. Luffy isn't a tall guy, and next Joyboy could be even smaller and his task even harder.

So get this. Luffy can hang out with his giant pals now, they're his equals. If Joyboy was already a giant with the same powers, who did he hang out with ?

Super interesting for me is Brogy calling Nka "this" god and laughing about it, like it's not really serious. Might be there are other gods (Elbaf and so on) and they were all real. Makes Nika seem less important than previous chapters implied. He's not THE god, he's just a cool god. Funny guy, nice with his friends, but not necessarily our saviour.

Cool thing too is the gorosei are not surprised at all about Luffy's powers. They've seen this shit already, maybe on a greater scale. Luffy claps Saturn into a pizza, he counter attacks immediately. Warcury's blast tries to erase Luffy's existence. They know they live in a cartoon, like Luffy will learn soon. I guess they're gods too. Or maybe that's what awakening is : )

Maybe that's all conqueror's haki is : you know your reality is malleable, so you influence it. Nika might only be the ultimate Conqueror. Maybe the gorosei really don't have devil fruits. Maybe this is all just what really strong and ancient conqueror's haki does. Saturn shapes his into spider legs and stabs you with it. Or he condenses it into bullets that he spits at you. The gorosei look out of traditional paintings, Mars especially. Maybe Imu painted them with his brush and gave them part of his haki, like satellites. D is for drawing.

Bonus theory : what if it's all linked to the crazy sizes and ages in one piece. Joyboy and his friends weren't giants, they were just humans. But their foe (a mix of imu and foxy in my mind lol) hit them all with something to reduce their sizes. Centuries later, some huge people remain, but average size is going down. Luffy isn't a tall guy, and next Joyboy could be even smaller and his task even harder.
It seems that the times in and before the Void Century were different from today. We know, for example, that Wano was an open country in the past, but for some reason (recently said to be Pluton's protection) it became isolationist. Elbaf could be the same and giants probably hanged around with humans, fishmen or whoever else they wanted.

You have a point saying that Nika could be just one of their many gods, maybe not even the main god (specially when Elbaf is based on medieval Scandinavia, which had a polytheistic tradition), but so far in the series no culture or person was able to have an image of Nika in their heads or texts/paintings (yeah, there was a running Nika legend among the slaves/prisoners and even Who's-Who heard about it, but no one who saw Luffy's G5 recognized it immediately). Only Vegapunk, with the knowledge of Ohara, and Saturn could do the same, but even the Gorosei (before acknowledging Luffy's powers) couldn't explain why the WG would give the "Gomu Gomu no Mi" a specific name (see below).

About the sizes and ages, I think that the manga rebuts your bonus theory several times. For example, Toki (Oden's wife) was born in the Void Century and was regular sized (there is no mention by her of anything you said too). Also, the Tontatta slavery by the Donquixote Family and the Longarm-Longleg War were up even before the Void Century, so all (or most) races already existed at the time.