General & Others We have to stop saying that Kid and Law are Luffy's Shiki and Whitebeard

The dude is only properly featured in one canon chapter and he's got like 3 major hype movements in it.
But none of this is evidence that he was on par with roger
Any top tier could have done the things he did.

It just seems hypocritical that Kid is somehow a fake rival of Luffy's whereas Shiki is considered a valid rival of Roger's. Despite never being portrayed to be on Roger's level.

Literally the only pirates who have that portrayal are Whitebeard and Xebec. Shiki was a minor rival, just like Kid and Law. Oda didn't even give him conqueror's haki.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
But none of this is evidence that he was on par with roger
Any top tier could have done the things he did.
What do you mean by that doesn't mean he was on Roger level? The dude literally fought two people capable of fighting Roger in a one-on-one. Roger was only ever implied to be stronger than his peers bar WB. He was never a level above them.

It just seems hypocritical that Kid is somehow a fake rival of Luffy's whereas Shiki is considered a valid rival of Roger's. Despite never being portrayed to be on Roger's level.
I don't think anyone is calling Kid a fake rival of Luffy. Being weaker than Luffy =/= Fake rival. Kid's rivalry with Luffy is as legit as Roger's rivalry with WB.

Literally the only pirates who have that portrayal are Whitebeard and Xebec. Shiki was a minor rival, just like Kid and Law. Oda didn't even give him conqueror's haki.
WB was never interested in getting in Roger's way of becoming the Pirate King. He even helped him in becoming one. Shiki was the one pirate who was actively competing with Roger to become the King of the Seas. Shiki was more of a competition for Roger than WB if we're being technical.

People not being able to understand the most basic symbolism imaginable about Whitebeard and Blackbeard will never stop being funny/sad.
That's because fans are perplexed by minor details like being frenemies and not the overall picture like what Blackbeard and Whitebeard represent in their respective generation. Law and Kid will never be the Whitebeard of their generation because that requires they be the silver medalists. It won't be them. It will be the guy hyped up to be the second coming of Whitebeard. The fact Blackbeard and Whitebeard are based on the same pirate makes it more blatant.

To be fair the top spvs go as far as luffy goes. Before wano all of them except luffy seemed far weaker than a 1st yc. Now after luffy's training in udon suddenly kid, zoro and law caught up with them(1st ycs) to the point that they can actually hurt a yonko. When luffy defeats kaido all 3 of them will automatically reach admiral lvl. That seems to be the way story progresses. So yes luffy is superior but by getting stronger the other get stronger too.

In reality, he has no connection or true parallel to say that Kid and Law will be Whitebeard and Shiki de Luffy. Luffy and Roger absolutely yes, in each arc there are links, common things.

Moreover Law and Kid seem very, very far from Luffy's level.

Luffy is really a lot stronger and a lot more. It's just our desires as fans who want it, but Luffy will never have real rivals like Roger had.
Law and Kid are like Luffy’s Whitebeard and Shiki.

What do you mean by that doesn't mean he was on Roger level? The dude literally fought two people capable of fighting Roger in a one-on-one. Roger was only ever implied to be stronger than his peers bar WB. He was never a level above them.

I don't think anyone is calling Kid a fake rival of Luffy. Being weaker than Luffy =/= Fake rival. Kid's rivalry with Luffy is as legit as Roger's rivalry with WB.

WB was never interested in getting in Roger's way of becoming the Pirate King. He even helped him in becoming one. Shiki was the one pirate who was actively competing with Roger to become the King of the Seas. Shiki was more of a competition for Roger than WB if we're being technical.
Whitebeard and Roger actaully fought at God Valley with Whitebeard's team losing.

Lemme make one thing clear and I have said time and time again

There is only one character I care about in One Piece and that's Zoro and I only care about anything associated with Zoro. Nothing else in One Piece means dog shit to me.

Just don't downplay Zoro and say retarded mortally corrupt autistic dog shit like "Law = Zoro" "Kidd > Zoro" "Yamato > Zoro" "Zoro needs a power up to beat King" "Chapter 1000 Luffy > Zoro" and you won't hear shit from me.
lol that some high level loser behavior ahahahahahaha

Law is precisely the WB of the new gen since he is OK with not being the pirate King. WB supported Rogers dream of becoming the PK By lending him Oden. Right now Law is supporting Luffy ambition even if reluctantly and will be ok with uncovering the true history and other taboo subjects without going for the throne.

Kidd on the other hand will likely challenge Luffy for the throne (just like shiki)at some point.
WB and roger where on equal power level and also has comparable crew strength where as law seems to be much closer ally and weaker than luffy and also has pathetic crew strength

There is a difference b/w being rivals and being on par with each other. Be my guest if you think Luffy—who was already well above Law at Dressrossa—after 3 major and sustainable power ups isn't that much above Law and by extention Kid.
Well there’s your problem. Luffy wasn’t well above Law in Dressrosa.
Post automatically merged:

I can't really find it.

Although apart from Luffy they are the 2 most powerful supernovas, I really don't an atmosphere of tension or real competition with Kid and Law.
It’s just a way of saying Kid and Law are powerful peers of Luffy’s. The most powerful rivals in his generation. It doesn’t mean they are exactly a copy of Whitebeard or Shiki. It’s a generic and obvious comparison to make, honestly. There was never much tension between WB and Roger either, they ended up as friendly combatants, like brothers messing around. Shiki was just belligerent, that doesn’t mean Roger felt extreme competition with him.

Last edited: