General & Others We have to stop saying that Kid and Law are Luffy's Shiki and Whitebeard

Well, apart from the fact that he is a CoC wielding awakening user set up to 2v1 a yonko
Okay then he's as much of a Luffy rival as Doffy is besides imaginary 2v1 a Yonko.

And still then Luffy is doing more against Kaido in 1v1 and Zoro did infinitely more against Kaido in 1v1 while brutally and mortally nerfed than Law and Kidd have with their Ultimate aces

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
When was this ever said?
If Roger pirates + Garp>Rocks pirates

Roger is clearly much stronger than Shiki.
Garp and Sengoku can individually give Roger a challenging fight by Roger's own admission, and the fact that these two felt the need to team up restrain Shiki and still had to half destory MF to put him down proves he's not that far off Roger. Roger and WB were undoubtedly stronger than their peers but they're not so far above that the others can't compete.

Your ass needs to relax lol cause you really doing the most. Especially for something you claim time and time again to not give a shit about
Lemme make one thing clear and I have said time and time again

There is only one character I care about in One Piece and that's Zoro and I only care about anything associated with Zoro. Nothing else in One Piece means dog shit to me.

Just don't downplay Zoro and say retarded mortally corrupt autistic dog shit like "Law = Zoro" "Kidd > Zoro" "Yamato > Zoro" "Zoro needs a power up to beat King" "Chapter 1000 Luffy > Zoro" and you won't hear shit from me.

Okay then he's as much of a Luffy rival as Doffy is besides imaginary 2v1 a Yonko.
even if merely fighting her is all they do, that's better than anything doffy has done in his entire career.

The perfect parallel is shiki. He was a great pirate, probably an emperor in his time, he was a rival of Roger's. Yet he was ultimately a minor rival in comparison to Whitebeard and Xebec. Furthermore, its very likely he was significantly weaker than roger due to the major possibility that Rayleigh or Scopper beat him in God valley.

the fact that these two felt the need to team up restrain Shiki and still had to half destory MF to put him down proves he's not that far off Roger.
That doesn't mean much. Shiki's powers in of themselves are strong enough to destroy marienford, which is why Garp and Sengoku have no reason not to 2v1 him, even if they can individually win in 1v1s.
Post automatically merged:

Anyways, relatively speaking, Kid isn't portrayed as that far off from Luffy as well. Obviously Luffy stomps in a 1v1, but he is much closer to Luffy than every supernova bar Law and Zoro.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
That doesn't mean much. Shiki's powers in of themselves are strong enough to destroy marienford, which is why Garp and Sengoku have no reason not to 2v1 him, even if they can individually win in 1v1s.

What do you mean by it doesn't mean much? Shiki's literally the only guy in the series who had a full-fledged 2-on-one with two top-tiers in their prime. I am not saying Garp and Sengoku can't handle him individually. It's about how difficult it was for two top-tiers to put him down. Even Roger and WB are getting ragdolled if they're to face this team. So once again, Shiki's weaker than Roger but he's not so far below him that he can't compete with him or WB.

Anyways, relatively speaking, Kid isn't portrayed as that far off from Luffy as well. Obviously Luffy stomps in a 1v1, but he is much closer to Luffy than every supernova bar Law and Zoro.
Sure, Kid is way close to Luffy than non-rooftop Supernova but he is still leagues below Luffy period. He's more comparable to WCI Luffy than he is to current Luffy.

When was this ever said?
If Roger pirates + Garp>Rocks pirates

Roger is clearly much stronger than Shiki.
How does younger shiki losing at God Valley means Roger was much stronger?
You do realise Only Xebec, Ray, Garp and Roger were at Prime 38 years ago right?

Roger couldn't beat Shiki, in fact he was the one losing that battle until a miraculous Storm saved him.

"Much stronger" Roger with Ray and scopper couldn't beat bunch of fodder fleets + Shiki

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
neither are Kid and Law

two characters that are canonically acknowledged as Luffy's rivals. Characters Luffy himself acknowledges as his rivals.
There is a difference b/w being rivals and being on par with each other. Be my guest if you think Luffy—who was already well above Law at Dressrossa—after 3 major and sustainable power ups isn't that much above Law and by extention Kid.

There is a difference b/w being rivals and being on par with each other.
Do you honestly believe that the character who was so insignificant that Oda had him defeated in a film by pre-skip Luffy, was actually on par with roger?

The man didn't even show haki. And I get the film was non-canon but still. Shiki's biggest achievement is losing in a 2v1 against garp and sengoku. Jack did the same thing lmao. Shiki has no legacy, literally nothing to his name bar the fact that he escaped impel down, rivaled roger, and was a member of the rocks pirates.

Even in the rocks pirates, Oda still isn't highlighting shiki.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Do you honestly believe that the character who was so insignificant that Oda had him defeated in a film by pre-skip Luffy, was actually on par with roger?

The man didn't even show haki. And I get the film was non-canon but still. Shiki's biggest achievement is losing in a 2v1 against garp and sengoku. Jack did the same thing lmao. Shiki has no legacy, literally nothing to his name bar the fact that he escaped impel down, rivaled roger, and was a member of the rocks pirates.

Even in the rocks pirates, Oda still isn't highlighting shiki.
The Yonko were barely mentioned before MF. That doesn't mean they were irrelevant back then. Shiki may not be an important character but that's no reason to make him weak or to consider him irrelevant. The dude is only properly featured in one canon chapter and he's got like 3 major hype movements in it.

• One, he almost wiped out Roger's crew.
  • Two, Attacked freaking MF all by himself and slaughtered half of their men, and then went on to fight Garp and Sengoku, the two men who led the marines from frontlines in Roger's era, and only lost after brining half of MF to ruines.
  • Three, the first ever escape from ID.
This guy deserves to be Roger's rival more than anyone else in the series.

Law was never a rival. Maybe only at Sabaody but I don't consider that as rivalry. They never had the same dream.

Kid's dream is the same of Luffy's? Not sure, but he can't be taken seriously as rival, he is a joke.
And What dream did Whitebeard and Shiki share with Roger exactly?

Shiki wanted to take over the World, and Whitebeard wanted a family.

Pretty sure Roger didn't want either of those.

Lemme make one thing clear and I have said time and time again

There is only one character I care about in One Piece and that's Zoro and I only care about anything associated with Zoro. Nothing else in One Piece means dog shit to me.

Just don't downplay Zoro and say retarded mortally corrupt autistic dog shit like "Law = Zoro" "Kidd > Zoro" "Yamato > Zoro" "Zoro needs a power up to beat King" "Chapter 1000 Luffy > Zoro" and you won't hear shit from me.
Cool you like zoro
At the end of the day your not 16. Just because you love zoro doesn't justify throwing out insults and just being a dick to people just because they don't agree with you when it comes to him

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I would bet that Kidd will probably never be a long term Luffy rival and that Luffy's journey will likely end in a matter of months.

I dont agree with the scenes you mentioned either. Stealing from BM doesnt portray inferior strength. Just like Luffy flees from Smoker doesn't mean Luffy is inferior. In chap 0, Shiki only hyped WB as the era's king after Roger's execution "its your era now right?", Garp consider Roger a demon differentiating Roger from himself, so imo those again the closer depiction regarding powerlevel compared to begging for Oden or stealing poneglyph.

I dont mean Roger has strength 2 times WB or anything tho, if thats what you assume from my view about Roger > WB. Its just i always think that Roger is clearly above WB even when it's by a small margin.
it doesn't portray superior strength either, is what I am trying to say.

Oh roger is pk? How did he become pk? Oh right stealing and begging...

And roger himself admitted garp cornered him multiple times and they almost nearly killed each other, where was the demon there? Garp = roger is not too far fetched either.

Ofc shiki hyped it as wb's era because roger surpassed them in piracy and was the biggest name, not because roger > wb in strength. Wb also achieved his dream as well, just like roger.

You are free to assume roger is stronger, but "clearly" is not the word I'd use when there is no evidence. Whilst wb being stronger is possible because he was the wsm and world's strongest pirate during roger's era.

I don't think anyone really has the same dream as Luffy

Both kid and law were introduced initially to want to be pirate king. But at least in Law's case, we see that his dream is radically different from Luffy's. He simply wants to learn the history of the D, finding one piece might be part of that, but it isn't really necessity.

Similar to how Law initially talked about finding the one piece, only for his dream to be radically different, I think Oda will do something similar to Kid. I think it will be revealed that similar to Law, Kid has a certain pirate he has a massive grudge against, shanks. And that all his talk of becoming pirate king was simply out of his desire to crush shanks and be a better pirate than shanks.

However it plays out, whenever shanks finally loses his throne(probably due to blackbeard), I don't think Kid will challenge Luffy anymore.

The only people who truly oppose Luffy's dream imo are Akainu, Blackbeard, and Imu.
Kid never challenged Luffy. That's the problem. Neither Law. Kid is a bitch since Sabaody when he was terrified about Luffy then he changed his mind about people who keep saying that will be Pirate King.

BM and Kaido are literally opposing Luffy's dream. All navy + WG too. Like it has been said since beginning almost all world is against Luffy.

And What dream did Whitebeard and Shiki share with Roger exactly?

Shiki wanted to take over the World, and Whitebeard wanted a family.

Pretty sure Roger didn't want either of those.
Roger kind of conquered the World and made his family for selfish reasons.

But you are right they didn't shared the same dreams.

Well I also wouldn't consider Shiki as a rival since he didn't impressed me with his portrayal and feats. Although I have high hopes for him if he comes back(which should have happened before timeskip).

Last edited: