General & Others We have to stop saying that Kid and Law are Luffy's Shiki and Whitebeard

Whitebeard and Shiki were Roger's biggest rivals of his generation.

Kid and Law are posed to be Luffy's biggest Rivals of his generation.

In that regard, that's it. That's the connection. There's not meant to be any mind blowing parallels of Kid and Law to Whitebeard and Shiki.
Law was never a rival. Maybe only at Sabaody but I don't consider that as rivalry. They never had the same dream.

Kid's dream is the same of Luffy's? Not sure, but he can't be taken seriously as rival, he is a joke.

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
Whitebeard is one of the few exceptions to these rules. While he was indeed Roger's longtime rival and dueled/fought him several times in the past, WB's own dream was already completed long ago and makes him content to sail and adventure about without someone breathing down his neck all the time. The only other rival to Roger at the time, Shiki, had elaborate plans for world domination that would have affected Roger greatly and he got pretty close during Edd War.

Whitebeard never got involved in Roger's desire to go to the last island apart from the Oden situation. It was never suggested that he tried to stop him from pursuing his dream either. Even if you argue about the roles being similar, WB kept mostly to himself in the past, jumping from crew to crew, and overall trained independently to become a monster before and after Rocks. This was done imo so that he could be strong enough to defend his family (or whenever he planned to get one/make a crew).

Both Kidd and Law have dreams that intertwine greatly with Luffy's and make them heavily involved in his affairs.

Law
-Law wants to find the meaning behind the D. name and its checkered fate, meaning he will have to go to Laugh Tale ideally to see the true history or figure it out somehow.
-He has also been in an alliance with Luffy since Punk Hazard but doesn't like being ordered about. I would say they made quite good friends, for now.

Kidd
-Wants to become the pirate king, and like it or not he will have to figure out how to obtain all the poneglypths that Luffy is already steps ahead.
-He is the only supernova that was introduced with Conquerors haki (before any confirmations of armament or observation), and yet Oda is still saving it being used for some reason.
-After Wano, Kidd could become a thorn to Luffy if Oda see's it so, considering that Kidd already had plans to go after Shanks and has taken something from Big Mom.
-Furthermore, Kidd might also go after Luffy directly in an attempt to steal his poneglypths. He's only fighting with Luffy because they share a common enemy and now there's Big Mom to deal with.

Kidd and Law are not WB and Shiki. The only true threat and rival for Luffy so far in the story that has been built up since Jaya is Marshall D. Teach.

It’s a really surface level analysis that basically says “there’s three of these guys, and three of these guys, so they must be the same!”

It’s like saying that Zoro and Nami are the pirate versions of Sengoku and Tsuru because Luffy is Garp’s grandson. There’s nothing actually in common between Zoro/Sengoku or Nami/Tsuru, it relies entirely on the Luffy/Garp relationship that actually exists.

Kid is Luffy's shiki. He is the 2nd strongest captain of the supernova and he is conqueror. With awakening, he might even be able to use his fruit similar to shiki's.

Blackbeard is Luffy's whitebeard.

Law is probably to Luffy what Dragon was to Roger.

They are weaker than luffy s first mate
If we compare Kid to shiki at least, that would still make sense. The rocks pirates were defeated by the roger pirates and Garp. Rayleigh probably defeated shiki, if not someone stronger than shiki(like big mom).
Post automatically merged:

In any case, the very fact that the roger pirates defeated the rocks pirates(with the help of garp), is proof that Shiki was never an equal of Roger's, and in all likelihood, had a similar gap to him that Kid does with Luffy.

How much do you want to bet that the storm that gave Shiki brain damage was actually from Roger's devil fruit or something.

In reality, he has no connection or true parallel to say that Kid and Law will be Whitebeard and Shiki de Luffy. Luffy and Roger absolutely yes, in each arc there are links, common things.

Moreover Law and Kid seem very, very far from Luffy's level.

Luffy is really a lot stronger and a lot more. It's just our desires as fans who want it, but Luffy will never have real rivals like Roger had.
Yes,Roger had his own adventure and Luffy will have his!Things will play out different for Luffy,he doesn't need to have rivals,he is the pirate Jesus after all!

Kid's dream is the same of Luffy's? Not sure, but he can't be taken seriously as rival, he is a joke.
I don't think anyone really has the same dream as Luffy

Both kid and law were introduced initially to want to be pirate king. But at least in Law's case, we see that his dream is radically different from Luffy's. He simply wants to learn the history of the D, finding one piece might be part of that, but it isn't really necessity.

Similar to how Law initially talked about finding the one piece, only for his dream to be radically different, I think Oda will do something similar to Kid. I think it will be revealed that similar to Law, Kid has a certain pirate he has a massive grudge against, shanks. And that all his talk of becoming pirate king was simply out of his desire to crush shanks and be a better pirate than shanks.

However it plays out, whenever shanks finally loses his throne(probably due to blackbeard), I don't think Kid will challenge Luffy anymore.

The only people who truly oppose Luffy's dream imo are Akainu, Blackbeard, and Imu.

I don't think anyone really has the same dream as Luffy

Both kid and law were introduced initially to want to be pirate king. But at least in Law's case, we see that his dream is radically different from Luffy's. He simply wants to learn the history of the D, finding one piece might be part of that, but it isn't really necessity.

Similar to how Law initially talked about finding the one piece, only for his dream to be radically different, I think Oda will do something similar to Kid. I think it will be revealed that similar to Law, Kid has a certain pirate he has a massive grudge against, shanks. And that all his talk of becoming pirate king was simply out of his desire to crush shanks and be a better pirate than shanks.

However it plays out, whenever shanks finally loses his throne(probably due to blackbeard), I don't think Kid will challenge Luffy anymore.

The only people who truly oppose Luffy's dream imo are Akainu, Blackbeard, and Imu.
And we still don't know Luffy's REAL dream,being Pirate King is just a part of something else.

When people call Kidd and Law “the WB and Shiki of this era” its not that they are exactly 1 to 1 parallels with them as characters, it’s about the role they play in the narrative. Kidd and Law are Luffys greatest peers/rivals (In Kidds case more of a rival while in Laws case more of an ally). WB and Shiki were also Rogers greatest peers/rivals. That’s pretty much as far as the “parallel” goes and it’s not like it isn’t true. BB is obviously supposed to be the “Rocks of this era”. Luffy’s greatest pirate nemesis.

Their personality/character does not need to parallel WB/Shiki but their roles in the story obviously do. You’re saying “Luffy is way above Kidd and Law” but that’s not the narrative that’s being set up in the actual story. Just read the latest chapter lol.

When people call Kidd and Law “the WB and Shiki of this era” its not that they are exactly 1 to 1 parallels with them as characters, it’s about the role they play in the narrative. Kidd and Law are Luffys greatest peers/rivals (In Kidds case more of a rival while in Laws case more of an ally). WB and Shiki were also Rogers greatest peers/rivals. That’s pretty much as far as the “parallel” goes and it’s not like it isn’t true. BB is obviously supposed to be the “Rocks of this era”. Luffy’s greatest pirate nemesis.

Their personality/character does not need to parallel WB/Shiki but their roles in the story obviously do. You’re saying “Luffy is way above Kidd and Law” but that’s not the narrative that’s being set up in the actual story. Just read the latest chapter lol.
kidd is not luffy's rival he is 2v1ing a yonko ( and might not actually win), while luffy is 1v1ing a yonko

kidd is not luffy's rival
Delusional.
he is 2v1ing a yonko ( and might not actually win), while luffy is 1v1ing a yonko
Kaido was also damaged by 15 other fighters and is carrying an island. Kidd and Law are facing a healthy Big Mom. Please don’t act like if Luffy wins anyone other than Luffytards will count it as a 1 v 1 lol. Honestly, If Kid and Law beat BM by themselves you could argue it would be more impressive than Luffy’s win.

Law and Kidd push Luffy to extreme diff. They all are potrayed as rivals again and again by Oda. There is nothing wrong in them being close to Luffy’s level. Luffy being too much stronger than Law, Kidd and Zoro would be boring and will do nothing for his character.

Blackbeard is Luffy's "Whitebeard" and Kaido and Big Mom are his Rocks, end of story.
That makes absolutely no sense lol. BB is obviously the Rocks of the new era. The dudes ship is literally named “The Saber of Xebec”. Blackbeard’s relationship with Luffy is not a rivalry. It’s purely antagonistic, there is no mutual respect there like with Roger and WB. That is a rivalry, not what Luffy and Blackbeard have. Kidd is the rival. BB is the arch nemesis. This is very obvious

it shows being pk doesn't put you above everyone else. There is no separate "pk" tier. Stealing from big mom, begging wb etc. to become pk is not a good argument to say roger > wb. You gotta find something else.
I dont agree with the scenes you mentioned either. Stealing from BM doesnt portray inferior strength. Just like Luffy flees from Smoker doesn't mean Luffy is inferior. In chap 0, Shiki only hyped WB as the era's king after Roger's execution "its your era now right?", Garp consider Roger a demon differentiating Roger from himself, so imo those again the closer depiction regarding powerlevel compared to begging for Oden or stealing poneglyph.

I dont mean Roger has strength 2 times WB or anything tho, if thats what you assume from my view about Roger > WB. Its just i always think that Roger is clearly above WB even when it's by a small margin.