Character Discussion We really dont care if Sanji is weaker than Zoro.

YouTube and social media have ALGORITHMS if you have ever heard of em
YouTube doesn't recommend randomly its you who sets the algorithm through your consumption of specific content not random from a specific category.. if you consume Naruto and search it up you'll only see that mostly even if it shows something that you don't consume
you barley get exposed to DEBATES on YouTube.. no one who doesn't even watch /read a series would be fascinated by a 1v1 comparison.. on YouTube or even Instagram

All the debates do is the same as any other video on YouTube amv, insta post, and montages do.. give more exposure to the series.. and Debates definitively are the lowest that have people intrigued.

in the grand scheme of thing its negligible
I disagree. Of course I know what algorithms are you don’t only get one thing you get shit that’s related to the topic. But, I’m not going to try to convince you. I’m here to talk about the anime if you disagree with how Oda gets revenue I couldn’t care less.

I think Zoro wins IJ the following categories:
Power - Zoro is physically more powerful & his attacks are more powerful.

Defense (durability & endurance) - Zoro wins in both. The exoskeleton put Sanji close but he still isn’t more durable than Zoro. Taking Hakkai for a while and then scarring Kaido is to impressive and taking Luffys pain on top of his own is even more impressive to me.

Stamina - easily Zoro.

Haki - Zoro not even close he has strong enough CoA to tank a point blank explosion from a YC1. He has all three forms & he has an advanced version of ACoC which is the most powerful. He also has Ryou where he can push his haki outward.

I won’t count lethalness because Sanji isn’t a swordsman. Speed is the only category Sanji wins.
Post automatically merged:
I don't see it that way;

Power - Power - Zoro and sanji have always had similar physical strength, while zoro carried buildings with his arms in alabasta, sanji lifted giant monsters with the strength of his leg, and that has never changed until then.

Defense (durability & endurance) - Zoro has more resistance feats but zoro would never do what sanji did in cap 1028 breaking queen's sword with his neck without haki, zoro would die, you're shrinking exoskeleton for no reason, i put sanji easily as the most durable.

Stamina - Zoro might have an advantage here but sanji now has a regenerative factor, I don't know how Oda is going to work it out but I wouldn't say zoro easily wins.

Haki - Zoro is definitely superior in this regard.

Lethality - zoro, the swordsman who never killed anyone

Speed - Sanji

I would say zoro wins in a fight, but I don't see a huge advantage.

Last edited:
I disagree. Of course I know what algorithms are you don’t only get one thing you get shit that’s related to the topic. But, I’m not going to try to convince you. I’m here to talk about the anime if you disagree with how Oda gets revenue I couldn’t care less.
i never disagreed about algorithms all i said was debate posts do negligible compared to amvs, trivias, manga art exhibition posts, anime/manga recommendation lists, anime video clips etc when it comes to attracting audience

i as a consumer do have a clue of what I'm talking about.. debates not only barely show up main stream but are of no entertainment to folks who don't even know about the story or series.

all they do is add to the exposure everything relate to the title does mainstream.. and exposure doesn't necessarily bring audience.. BUT MASS EXPOSURE DOES COLLECTIVELY

debates ain't shit at the end of the day

If Oda really wanted to use the new world to extend this difference, he did it very badly.
You're using all the history of the new world that yes, it was bad for sanji, and forget what he did in Wano, if he really shows the difference between two, I wouldn't have used the word wings for that, I didn't need the scene from cap 1023, nor the relationship between king and queen.
And it's a fact that apart from the two factors I mentioned in the last comment, there's nothing else that zoro does better, and even then he's still stronger, I don't understand why you like to do it sanji being a Ussop compared to him, and even Oda doesn't want that.
I haven't compared him to Usopp, I wrote that there is difference between the 2, they are not close, but I didn't say that he was not the third strongest after Zoro and Luffy. He is strong but not enough to be compared to Zoro

I don't see that much difference, if zoro is 96, I'd say sanji is 93, that's because of the huge offensive power of zoro and CoC, other than that I don't see any other advantage for him.

Are you really using that as an argument?
Sanji would rather die than be part of the germ, who do you think he should ask for that?
Nami?
Ussop maybe?
Luffy I guess because he doesn't have enough problems with kaido.
We just disagree then. Go through all of their feats post TS. Zoro and Sanji without being bias. Just look at the feats next to eachother and give your opinion. I’ll list a few without listing any bad feats to downplay Sanji.

Sanji:
1. Kicks Oven faster than the eye can see.
2. Knocks P1 around in the RS however he didn’t defeat him.
3. Defeats YC2 with IJ.
Those are the most impressive feats he has.

Zoro:
1. Destroyed a mountain sized Devil Fruit user.
2. 1 shotted an executive while he was using full body CoA.
3. Clashed with an admiral who complemented his strength.
4. Destroyed a logia without using haki just based on fear alone.
5. Put Appo down fairly easily once he got slightly serious.
6. Countered Kaidos attacks with his own.
7. Momentarily blocked the strongest attack in the series to date.
8. Saved Luffy from Yonko multiple times.
9. Sacred the strongest creature in the world with all of his bones broken.
10. Defeated Killer while distracted and with Killers own weapon.
11. Stopped Killer from being able to take his surge back.
12. Defeated a YC1

I’m probably robably missing a few things

i never disagreed about algorithms all i said was debate posts do negligible compared to amvs, trivias, manga art exhibition posts, anime/manga recommendation lists, anime video clips etc when it comes to attracting audience

i as a consumer do have a clue of what I'm talking about.. debates not only barely show up main stream but are of no entertainment to folks who don't even know about the story or series.

all they do is add to the exposure everything relate to the title does mainstream.. and exposure doesn't necessarily bring audience.. BUT MASS EXPOSURE DOES COLLECTIVELY

debates ain't shit at the end of the day
Lol we’re arguing semantics man. It’s not that deep.

Last edited:
I haven't compared him to Usopp, I wrote that there is difference between the 2, they are not close, but I didn't say that he was not the third strongest after Zoro and Luffy. He is strong but not enough to be compared to Zoro
Didn't you say that the difference between sanji and zoro is an ocean? So this is what I consider to be the difference between zoro and ussop, again, I don't think sanji is as strong as zoro, and I don't even want that, I just don't think the difference is as big as you think, and Oda show it in wano.

We just disagree then. Go through all of their feats post TS. Zoro and Sanji without being bias. Just look at the feats next to eachother and give your opinion. I’ll list a few without listing any bad feats to downplay Sanji.

Sanji:
1. Kicks Oven faster than the eye can see.
2. Knocks P1 around in the RS however he didn’t defeat him.
3. Defeats YC2 with IJ.
Those are the most impressive feats he has.

Zoro:
1. Destroyed a mountain sized Devil Fruit user the size of a mountain.
2. 1 shotted an executive while he was using full body CoA.
3. Clashed with an admiral who complemented his strength.
4. Destroyed a logia without using haki just based on fear alone.
5. Put Appo down fairly easily once he got slightly serious.
6. Countered Kaidos attacks with his own.
7. Momentarily blocked the strongest attack in the series to date.
8. Saved Luffy from Yonko multiple times.
9. Sacred the strongest creature in the world with all of his bones broken.
10. Defeated Killer while distracted and with Killers own weapon.
11. Stopped Killer from being able to take his surge back.
12. Defeated a YC1

I’m probably robably missing a few things

Lol we’re arguing semantics man. It’s not that deep.
Once again, I agree that sanji didn't have a good result, from punk hazard to Whole cake, even when he started wano, I thought his final enemy would be page1, but that didn't happen and Oda once again tried to put them on equal terms (with emphasis on "tried"), and the truth is that he will always do that, so I say, sanji will always be one step behind zoro, even if it's artificial..

Last edited:
Didn't you say that the difference between sanji and zoro is an ocean? So this is what I consider to be the difference between zoro and ussop, again, I don't think sanji is as strong as zoro, and I don't even want that, I just don't think the difference is as big as you think, and Oda show it in wano.
Read the last part of the comment, the first part was my Zoro fan half talking, the second part was the rational half. I said that if Luffy is 100 and Zoro is 96, Sanji isn't 93 but 90

I'm speaking for all Sanji fans here. Whether or not Sanji can beat Zoro in a fight has nothing to do with Sanji and his character arc. Beating the shit out of Zoro won't make us happy or make Sanji a better character.

Sanji is the chef of the crew and Zoro is the Swordsman. The only reason the rivalry exist is because Sanji just happens to be every bit as strong as Zoro, they have conflicting personalities and weaknesses.their whole objective is to provide when Luffy needs it. Its not Sanjis fault that he's strong, his character arc is being true to himself and finding people who will accept him as he is.

The toxicity in the Fandom has nothing to do with Sanji its people trying to make Zoro into the captain. LUFFY IS THE CAPTAIN. Sanji and Zoro are crewmates and friends and have no choice other than to follow Luffys orders. Together they make the Monster trio meaning nomatter how ridiculous and godly the opponent is they are able to rise to the challenge but Luffy is by far the strongest and most capable. He can practically do every thing Sanji and Zoro do and has way more potential, thats why he's captain. Even personality wise he dominates the two and bended them to his will as a friend.

Let Zoro fight who he wants and aim for the title but be assured Sanji will be right there carving his legacy in a similar fashion. Luffy is the one who will surmount the hardest challenge in the world and become the king of pirates. Trying to downplay Sanjis ability won't maeastbound. Better character especially because in this whole world there's nobody more aware of Sanjis ability than Zoro, not even reiju, judge or Luffy himself. Zoro believes on Sanjis strength so much that he agreed to killing him if he wasn't himself without hesitation; thats respect.

Saying Sanji is weak is the biggest disrespect you can give to zoro because he's literally been his counterpart since eastblue.
If you guys didn’t care that Sanji was weaker then you wouldn’t be saying things like:
The only reason the rivalry exist is because Sanji just happens to be every bit as strong as Zoro
That single line contradicts the whole point of this thread. You all try to give every accomplishment Zoro has to Sanji by pure association just because they happen to be the second and third strongest respectively. If you didn’t care, you would accept Sanji’s cemented role as third strongest in the crew and whatever gap there was between their strength wouldn’t matter be it large or small. Instead you guys are adamant about them being neck and neck. That’s pure hypocrisy.

If you guys didn’t care that Sanji was weaker then you wouldn’t be saying things like:

That single line contradicts the whole point of this thread. You all try to give every accomplishment Zoro has to Sanji by pure association just because they happen to be the second and third strongest respectively. If you didn’t care, you would accept Sanji’s cemented role as third strongest in the crew and whatever gap there was between their strength wouldn’t matter be it large or small. Instead you guys are adamant about them being neck and neck. That’s pure hypocrisy.
Exactly