Were You Popular In High School/College?

Did You Sit At The “Cool” Table?

• Total voters

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
man back in sophomore year, i was getting shitfaced almost every day lol - either alcohol or weed or both. it was a fun but my grades & health took a huge drop :josad:
The funny thing is that I’ve been a huge pothead since junior year of college…but I never tried it before then, including all of high school. I was a real teetotaler at a time when my friends were discovering those things; they always drank and smoked when we threw parties, and the next day I’d be the only one who remembered what happened the previous night :milaugh:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
The funny thing is that I’ve been a huge pothead since junior year of college…but I never tried it before then, including all of high school. I was a real teetotaler at a time when my friends were discovering those things; they always drank and smoked when we threw parties, and the next day I’d be the only one who remembered what happened the previous night :milaugh:
lol i can totally relate to that memory loss. sometimes entire weeks are just blurry memories. only the teetotaler friends would remember all the shenanigans.

Uh i was an introvert and had a small group of close friends. Most of the mates didnt know anything about me other than my name (cuz my name was unique i guess)
But once i moved to university, me and my mates (group of 4) went very popular. So ive experienced both sides,..being very popular and being a ghost...fun times... Sigh
Post automatically merged:

Is that even possible :choppawhat:
Can't be recoome capping hard if that case these people can make everybody friends in the world but yet it hasnt happen lol

Hung out with everyone??? So no one didnt had fights, dislike each other or had beef???
Yep, no fights or anything. There were still cliques like the smart kids and the smokers but they hang out with each other from time to time too. Like I was a smart kid, most of my friends were gangbangers smoking and drinking at 16.

There were a lot of personal relationship drama though but that wasn't particular to the school. Mostly people who dated kids from other schools.

ALI!

Stand on the edge of your dream and fight
I realize that we have a lot of members here who can answer in the present tense, but for all the old fogies like me, it’s past tense :josad::chirstsad::christunate::jordamas:

For my part, I don’t think I’d call myself popular - I believe I was as well known as anyone else, and I was definitely a class clown (although not the only or biggest one) so I got along with most of my peers, but I mostly hung with a core group of friends and didn’t mix it up all that often. Plus, this may be hard to believe, but I had a tendency to take some things too far as a joke, and even fellow teenagers grow weary of that shit by a certain point :specialmeh:
you see jew, from where I come from, we don't have mixed schools, boys go to one school, girls go to a totally different one.
so being popular in a boys only school means one of two things:
1- either you are the big bully boss of your class. :madmonk:
2- or you are the personal punching bag of the big bully boss catded

Now let's just say my physique is not exactly that of a big bully boss and no one wants to be the second type of "popularity" now so I'm glad I was a normal pleb back at school :catsure:

very much. I on the other hand was a pretty huge prick to people. not proud of that. not ashamed of it either. thats just who I was at that time. taught me to be more respectful in the here and now.
What did you think back then about deciding how and who you would be an asshole to? Were you aware that you were harming people at some point? If so, why did you never care?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
you see jew, from where I come from, we don't have mixed schools, boys go to one school, girls go to a totally different one.
so being popular in a boys only school means one of two things:
1- either you are the big bully boss of your class. :madmonk:
2- or you are the personal punching bag of the big bully boss catded

Now let's just say my physique is not exactly that of a big bully boss and no one wants to be the second type of "popularity" now so I'm glad I was a normal pleb back at school :catsure:
Man, I would have been the same damn way in that situation…I was shorter than almost everyone else for the first two years of high school, so if not for my wit and charm, I’d have gotten my ass kicked on the regular :chirstsad:

I went to a high school with 5000+ kids, so there was no such thing as a "cool kids" group. There were people who were more extroverted and had more friends, but they weren't "cool" in a stereotypical sense. Anyone could have a lot of friends if they chose to.

In college, there waa also not a "cool" group. People mostly did their own thing and hung out in small groups.

What did you think back then about deciding how and who you would be an asshole to?
there was no pattern, really. if I felt like it I made life for some kids miserable. at first I thought it was boredome, but that was not it either. I really do not know.
the only thing that stopped me was when my friends told me to stop. I could even get along with some then the next day by an absolute ass to them. I am probably bipolar or something. at least I learned to control it now.

Were you aware that you were harming people at some point? If so, why did you never care?
totally aware. I simply did not care. its hard to explain. theres stuff in life that you know is happening, but you do not realize it. like, theres a difference between knowing something and actually realizing it.
for example, you know you will die some day. thats easy enough to stomache for most. the actual realization of that fact hits some people like a truck on the other hand.
I knew I was making people miserable, but I never realized what that meant or did to them. unfortunately.

it also taught me a very important life lesson.
people are capable of harming others without the slightest shed of remorse or shame. this is in some people natures. its how they are.
I can not blame them as I was pretty much the same back then. now I try my best to never become one ever again.