WG Support Thread

I think I ought to find ways of being active that I enjoy that will motivate me to eat healthy for the rest of my life.

I really enjoyed distance running when I was younger. But then I got out of shape it just became too tough.

I think I could pick that up again.
Start slowly I would say record your steps and do some cardio .

Make it mandatory you complete x number of steps a day .

To be fair few years ago I gained a lot of weight I was in mid 60 kgs then offset due to Covid I gained 20-25kgs .

Then with well crafted exercise routine slowly I lost all those weight and right now I am in mid 70 s . I do cardio that’s mandatory then do some weights and running .

I realised something don’t treat your weight as burden enjoy the process . The beginning of weight journey is toughest imo . But it’s important never over do it .

Last edited:
I'm pursuing bariatric surgery to try to get into shape and improve my health. I'm having the procedure done on the 21st. To prep for it, my doctor is having me do this pre op diet that's basically 1 meal a day + protein shakes.

tbh, doing this makes me realize how much I enjoy being obese. I really enjoy the freedom of eating like absolute trash and not having to care about the consequences. Oh well. That was a destructive habit that while feeling good in the moment, probably holds me back more than it offers me any tangible benefit. Its kinda sad to let go of that lifestyle, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
I had the surgery last week

tbh it kinda feels like a mistake. I could have just eaten lean and lost weight regardless.

Oh well, at least I’m getting what I wanted.