Chapter Discussion WGS title once again confirmed to be mainly ''SKILL'' based

Oda ended the fanfic, could have written Mihawk as surpassing even Redhair, but he didn't, he used swordskill... haki overcomes everything and Shanks is the strongest haki user after Roger.
accept or freak out

:suresure:
Post automatically merged:

Mihawk > Vista > Shanks?

I've been saying this for a while, in terms of swordskill, Vista probably surpasses even Shanks

He is superior to them in terms of coc. But they got zoans, and other powers to compensate
Post automatically merged:

I don't know who teached you math but 4 billion>>3,5 billions
very good you are getting the point , coc is one type of haki
there's two others.
there's also the fact that he has the stronger blade.

We should wait for the official translation, but whoever denies that this whole "skill" nuance smells iffy is deluding themselves.

Nuancing a statement isn't meant to confirm but to question it. If you want to make something clear you just don't nuance it. If the "skill" translation is correct and Oda wanted to portray Mihawk as undoubtedly stronger than Shanks as many here assume, then he'd have no reason to nuance it as a "skill matter"; just state "even stronger than Red-haired Shanks" and that's it, easy.

It's not the first time that swordsmanship has been nuanced: Koushiro stated that a sword that can't choose what to cut isn't a real sword to him; Databook addressed Vista's swordsmanship as rivalling Mihawk's (and we all know Vista is far weaker than him), while Ace's novel specified Vista's swordsmanship to be stronger than Thatch's; Zoro addressed that King never claimed himself to be a swordsman in spite of fighting with a sword because of his overall versatility; and now this "skill" nuance, completely unnecessary if you just can't dissociate swordsmanship mastery from overall strength.

Many fanatics will jump on me; I couldn't care less: whoever believes there's a clear answer to the "Shanks versus Mihawk" debate is delusional. Mihawk has his title; but Shanks is pretty much Oda's self-insert, the main character's role model, the one stated to be closest to being Pirate King in terms of his spirit (and spirit tops everything else in this story), one of the few mentioned by Kaidou as capable of fighting him (alongside pretty much the powerhouses of their eras) and, more importantly, the epitome of "conqueror's haki". In a world where the main character's dream is to become Pirate King, and Pirate King being the conqueror atop conquerors (the ruler of them all, basically), we can't just assume so happily that the guy who just scared a freaking admiral with conqueror's haki alone is under a title on a much more nuanced concept than many people seem to think, as swordsmanship is.

Again, we will see what the official translation has to say.

We should wait for the official translation, but whoever denies that this whole "skill" nuance smells iffy is deluding themselves.

Nuancing a statement isn't meant to confirm but to question it. If you want to make something clear you just don't nuance it. If the "skill" translation is correct and Oda wanted to portray Mihawk as undoubtedly stronger than Shanks as many here assume, then he'd have no reason to nuance it as a "skill matter"; just state "even stronger than Red-haired Shanks" and that's it, easy.

It's not the first time that swordsmanship has been nuanced: Koushiro stated that a sword that can't choose what to cut isn't a real sword to him; Databook addressed Vista's swordsmanship as rivalling Mihawk's (and we all know Vista is far weaker than him), while Ace's novel specified Vista's swordsmanship to be stronger than Thatch's; Zoro addressed that King never claimed himself to be a swordsman in spite of fighting with a sword because of his overall versatility; and now this "skill" nuance, completely unnecessary if you just can't dissociate swordsmanship mastery from overall strength.

Many fanatics will jump on me; I couldn't care less: whoever believes there's a clear answer to the "Shanks versus Mihawk" debate is delusional. Mihawk has his title; but Shanks is pretty much Oda's self-insert, the main character's role model, the one stated to be closest to being Pirate King in terms of his spirit (and spirit tops everything else in this story), one of the few mentioned by Kaidou as capable of fighting him (alongside pretty much the powerhouses of their eras) and, more importantly, the epitome of "conqueror's haki". In a world where the main character's dream is to become Pirate King, and Pirate King being the conqueror atop conquerors (the ruler of them all, basically), we can't just assume so happily that the guy who just scared a freaking admiral with conqueror's haki alone is under a title on a much more nuanced concept than many people seem to think, as swordsmanship is.

Again, we will see what the official translation has to say.
It's literally swordsmanship and not skill.

But your take won't change regardless of whether Viz corrects it to swordsmanship or not, ye?

That statement is just one statement. The rest of Mihawk's hype this chapter remains- and so does his literal title of strongest swordsman. Hell, so far when it comes to road to WSS, nothing has mattered more than haki for Zoro. His entire development since timeskip is literally just haki over and over again.

Kinda ass that the argument has devolves into "But Shanks is related to MC and is a self insert", though ._.

You showed me a panel that says "haki user"... I refuted by providing you an official panel which proves it never said that. There's no such thing as a hakiman.

First, Brannew didn't talk about skills, he said swordsmanship. Second, he didn't say that's where WSS stems from. WSS is about who wins... Zoro literally wants to defeat Mihawk to get it. Is that not a fact? Or is Zoro going to turn-off his haki to skill-fight Mihawk?

Is Zoro with ACoC, ACoA and CoO going fight Mihawk using all those for WSS or not? Yes, or no.

I like how you ignored this btw:
Bringing official panel isnt the same as saying shit translation for what i've found lol. If theres no such thing as hakiman, then why Rayleigh taught Luffy haki while Mihawk taught Zoro sword. Why must Ray separate the two and make haki an independent stuff.

And you keep saying "is Zoro gonna turn off his haki vs Mihawk" why shouldn't he? Whoever wins between those two, it doesn't mean that his haki is better than someone who is recognized in haki far more than his own reputation as a swordsman.