What Are You Currently Playing?

G

Gorosei Informer

Couldn’t have said it better, the amount TWAU has been cancelled is absurd, can’t believe they’re actually making season 2
Right?! It really felt like it was in perpetual development hell/limbo and all we wanted was to see it get a sequel and succeed, with such a fantastic, heartfelt, wonderful story and such! I remember the absolutely agonising 6 month wait for one of the new episodes, I think episode 4 with Blood Mary in it?

Meanwhile we also kept getting Minecraft Story Mode shoved in our faces instead, ergh that was not fun lol.

I feel like I've got the TAC curse somewhat because I REALLY love Prince of Persia, especially Sands of Time and the 2008 reboot and the remake of SoT is in development hell/quietly cancelled or so, Beyond Good and Evil 2 is on the verge of death/existence, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 is in development hell/limbo and these are all games I LOVE IMMENSELY and was DESPERATE for sequels for lol.

I also really wanted one for Psychonauts and that got actually got a successful sequel somehow! A miracle even! LMAO! Although I'm sure Microsoft geting involved there helped a LOT ofc...

Also waited well over 7 years at least for Jinx to get her own animated series and thus League of Legends in general to get one lol.

But yeah enough rambling, TWAU is such a unique vibe and a great story. I love the combination of that gritty noir vibe and the Fables/fairytale fantasy characters combined and how it subverts what we know about them and makes them more adult, nuanced and thus grounded/realised characters too. TWAU really deserves a sequel and one that is truly complete, successful and thus as great quality as the original at least.

That trailer for it looks very promising and I can only hope it will be the true success story after how much its been cancelled and stuck in purgatory before as you said ofc.

Maybe if we're lucky, we'll actually get multiple seasons too and of a decent quality too ideally? Thats very optimistic/idealistic though ofc but fun to dream anyway!

Finished the story in Dragon Quest Treasures. It was okkkk, but def one of the weaker DQ spinoffs. I thought it was gonna be more roguelike.

I got Ring Fit Adventure and it's really fun! If you like workout games like me, this one is great bc it's so customizable and it's an RPG. The graphics aren't much, but the gameplay is fun and you definitely sweat.

I got Breath of the Wild for Xmas (yeah, I'm super late, I know) and I'm starting it now. It's so pretty!