Chapter Discussion What are you thinking of Luffy vs Kaido fight?

The drunk stuff lowers the intensity and thrill of the fight. Even though Kaido said being drunk won't weaken him, it's still look like he's not serious.
I hope the drunk phase would be over next chapter and the shit is getting real.

I lowkey want wano to be over as soon as possible
:moonwalk:

Honestly, the fight is better than I expected. Good choreography, some funny moments of Kaido being drunk, Luffy and Kaido exchanging blows, and the best part is Luffy pretty much resembles Sanji in the fight. Luffy kicking Kaido have the same pose as Sanji kicking Queen. Luffy dodging Kaido's beams is the same as Sanji dodging Queen's laser beams. Both Luffy and Sanji ate attacks to the head from their respective opponents and sustained moderate injuries. Love it.

If this keeps up then this could may well be potentially best Luffy's fight.

Boring. I hope that we will get Luffy's character development and make it believable when he beats Kaido. But it seems all he need is just keep being stubborn and let the plot carries him.

There's one thing I'm happy with despite any pitfalls with the fight: the exchanges are more even compared to the Luffy vs Katakuri fight. It truly felt now in the current fight like these 2 characters trading blows were neck in neck and not just 1 of them dominating most of the time.

It's actually a bit ironic considering that Luffy is exhibiting a much bigger jump in power here compared to the WCI fight.

I agree with the sentiment that it's a bit of a power jump.
If Oda didn't make Kaido oneshot Luffy back in act 1, people would have complained less.

Although I have to say, it was the same thing that happened in Gintama. Gintoki lost because he was raging against Jirocho, but won later in the arc.

Readers should be more observant of Luffy's mental state during that match, but Oda's at fault too. If only he made it more clear.

Luffy is exhibiting a much bigger jump in power here compared to the WCI fight.
Because both CoA and CoC increase offence and lethality while CoO increase evasiveness and actually hitting opponent which was the main issue for Luffy in Katakuri fight....
Post automatically merged:

If Oda didn't make Kaido oneshot Luffy back in act 1, people would have complained less.
You think so.....:suresure:.....like I said, people become "thinktanks" only for Luffy fights....every SN who faced Yonkos had power jump and but it was okay since jump was "offpaneled"....

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
It has a lot of flaws.
Kaido's drunken mode serves no purpose and is one chapter thing only.
Instead, his drunken modes should have lasted the entire fight or at least half of it with moods changing every 3-4 chapters of the fight.
Like this, he went through them all in one chapter and that's it.

The laughing thing is cringe and has no place in a fight like this.
Drinking sake in the middle of the fight also kills the seriousness.
A lot of things to improve but with Luffy, stuff like that is expected...
I knew it was coming ever since he made a joke of Borobreath.