What do you do IRL? (career/school/passion)

Frontend+ backend
Post automatically merged:

Electro Engineer by profession. For those who are confused, it's description is: designing, manufacture, maintenance and repair of electrical products. Ranging from TV, Smartphones to Washing Machines etc. Never had the chance to work in that field because my cuntry doesn't produce anything, like literally.

After college I worked as security in a big supermarket for half a year, made enough to buy a car and a good PC for myself, but due to external circumstances I and my family got into a difficult situation, so I had to give up on buying myself a car and PC, now I'm stuck at home and make money by doing CLRD for scanlation groups. And I'm desperately trying to find some other jobs that I can do online.

Yo, we have a fellow electro engineer. Nice to meet you man, where are you from?
Currently in middle east btw i am more on Embedded software architecture working on Automotive applications.

With your degree i suggest you move to UK or Germany plenty of jobs in electronics.

Last edited:
Frontend+ backend
Post automatically merged:

Currently in middle east btw i am more on Embedded software architecture working on Automotive applications.

With your degree i suggest you move to UK or Germany plenty of jobs in electronics.
Can second that, most engineers are well sought after in Germany at least, especially IT, electric/electronic and chemical.
Traditional mechanical engineer needs additional stuff to be profilic.

To me, In my professional life I am a mix between quality and sales engineer specialized in aerospace materials for a steel company.
Thinking about doing an MBA in the near future and essentially do both the sales and the technical stuff, but we will see.

Worst

Custom title
I'm a programmer (Front End) as for my passion, well "" sadly "" it's also programming, so once i finish work i generally start a new project xD

I can code and try learning new stuff for hours and hours, i really love it but at the end of the day my eyes are legit screaming

I'm currently trying to really get more seriously into back end stuff ( once they'll finish releasing a Javascript framework each week )

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
Some VIP here know already but :
- Current work = Business Development manager in a Chemical & Energy company (working on JV, M&A, market research, tech survey, competitors benchmarking, etc.)
- Background = Railway Engineer by training + Master degree in Management + MBA

I am currently studying Kinesiology and plan to become a physiotherapist. As for work I teach swimming classes and lifeguard; I also just applied to become a pool supervisor so fingers crossed on that. I'm also a competitive ballroom dancer and I've been doing that for over a decade.

Basically my goal in life is to promote healthy active living and support people in need. Idk I just don't want to die without giving something back to the world. ✌️

Can second that, most engineers are well sought after in Germany at least, especially IT, electric/electronic and chemical.

To me, In my professional life I am a mix between quality and sales engineer specialized in aerospace materials for a steel company.
Thinking about doing an MBA in the near future and essentially do both the sales and the technical stuff, but we will see.
Traditional mechanical gets you very less salary . Most of my pals moved to software after frustrating low pay.

I would say IT job is only way to secure ones future that's harsh reality tbh.

I am currently studying Kinesiology and plan to become a physiotherapist. As for work I teach swimming classes and lifeguard; I also just applied to become a pool supervisor so fingers crossed on that. I'm also a competitive ballroom dancer and I've been doing that for over a decade.

Basically my goal in life is to promote healthy active living and support people in need. Idk I just don't want to die without giving something back to the world. ✌️
Beautiful post.
Good luck with your plans!

Thinking about doing an MBA in the near future and essentially do both the sales technical stuff, but we will see.
For mechanical engineering, what are some specializations that are the most well sought in Germany and are the pay worth?

For mechanical engineering, what are some specializations that are the most well sought in Germany and are the pay worth?
Quality is always good (though boring) because the quality management systems are getting more and more complex.
Engineers with commercial knowledge are well sought after for positions like technical purchasing, technical marketing and so forth.
Mechanical engineers with specification energy (possible at every Uni more or less) works well.
But the traditional construction or heavy industry mechanical engineer is tougher.

Edit: Sorry missed the pay part. Always depends on the field and size of the company. If your company is unionized, you will very early on earn more than 90% of the population (if you can believe statistics) with very limited hours of working (for me it was 35h/week) with a status of trainee until you reach a level where your contribution and level of expertise are great enough that the company says they will pay you significantly more, but you wont have an upper limit of working time except the mandatory limit by the government (though sometimes even that is exceeded).

Last edited:
I focus on hobbies such as drawing or reading about neuroscience/behavorial psychology, linguistics and cognition. Learning French aswell.

Right now, I'm auditing courses to freshen up and getting rid of the core, general classes with courses that teach healthcare knowledge on the side.