General & Others What do you think about Boruto (manga)?

Let's put it in numbers and if you want explanation.

If Naruto was a 10, Shippuden a 5 (not a fan)(anyway you can give it whatever rate you want) how is Boruto compared to these 2 and why?

To be honest I didn't read it if not for some chapters, Shippuden was already a chore to end and this seems just Kishi wanting to keep milking the cow, anyway I want to see some opinions by Naruto fans on this last part. And beside opinions is it truthfull to the original lore and story or is it a swiss cheese plotwise?

Let's put it in numbers and if you want explanation.

If Naruto was a 10, Shippuden a 5 (not a fan)(anyway you can give it whatever rate you want) how is Boruto compared to these 2 and why?

To be honest I didn't read it if not for some chapters, Shippuden was already a chore to end and this seems just Kishi wanting to keep milking the cow, anyway I want to see some opinions by Naruto fans on this last part. And beside opinions is it truthfull to the original lore and story or is it a swiss cheese plotwise?
In terms of Manga, strictly, there is no Shippuden :funky:

Boruto as a character is much weaker than Naruto was at his age - he isn't as compelling. However, i would say the writing so far has been on par with the pre-skip storyline. I do find the lore and villains less convincing too though, so it's not as good as p1. but it is better than p2.

So:
P1 - 8/10
P2 - 6/10
Boruto - 7/10

worth a read if you want to see
Jiraiya (probably) again

In terms of Manga, strictly, there is no Shippuden :funky:

Boruto as a character is much weaker than Naruto was at his age - he isn't as compelling. However, i would say the writing so far has been on par with the pre-skip storyline. I do find the lore and villains less convincing too though, so it's not as good as p1. but it is better than p2.

So:
P1 - 8/10
P2 - 6/10
Boruto - 7/10

worth a read if you want to see
Jiraiya (probably) again
Holy shit!
I heard it somewhere already about Jiraiya, he was one of the few good characters of shippuden and gladly he wasn't touched by the resurrection crap.

Just to say Shippuden for me failed already when they resurrected Gaara and I was done when Kakashi along with the whole village was brought back from death thanks to the talk no jutsu.. Hell, when you can ruin something you do it fully Kishi. Just because he wants to milk it more and needs something he didn't spoil already..

Holy shit!
I heard it somewhere already about Jiraiya, he was one of the few good characters of shippuden and gladly he wasn't touched by the resurrection crap.

Just to say Shippuden for me failed already when they resurrected Gaara and I was done when Kakashi along with the whole village was brought back from death thanks to the talk no jutsu.. Hell, when you can ruin something you do it fully Kishi. Just because he wants to milk it more and needs something he didn't spoil already..
Nothing is confirmed, but there's a guy in the villain group who has long white hair (wears a mask though - but there's markings on his face obscured by this mask too), is very familiar with Konoha, summoned Gamatatsu, knows a lot about Sasuke's Rinnegan and was being watched by other members of the group because they suspect his intentions. Oh, and he's used a Rasengan.

It's gotta be Jiraiya. He probably survived by getting transported by toads or something

Resurrecting Gaara made sense though - i didn't see fault in it. Shippuden was great until the Shinobi War. Which went on for way too long. Also, that talk no Jutsu may have been an asspull, but Kishi was obviously never going to kill his entire main cast except Sakura and Naruto

Nothing is confirmed, but there's a guy in the villain group who has long white hair (wears a mask though - but there's markings on his face obscured by this mask too), is very familiar with Konoha, summoned Gamatatsu, knows a lot about Sasuke's Rinnegan and was being watched by other members of the group because they suspect his intentions. Oh, and he's used a Rasengan.

It's gotta be Jiraiya. He probably survived by getting transported by toads or something

Resurrecting Gaara made sense though - i didn't see fault in it. Shippuden was great until the Shinobi War. Which went on for way too long. Also, that talk no Jutsu may have been an asspull, but Kishi was obviously never going to kill his entire main cast except Sakura and Naruto
The point is that when you kill somebody then the character should be dead and stay dead, if you are not in dragonball and you have the dragonballs (but that is a condition already known from the start so there are no problems), what if in AGOT dead characters were revived? Those are fake tensions that kill the love (or at least what you see good, your trust) for a story. It is a bit like when Oda destroyed the fishman ship in chapter 900, just way way worse. All the tension and drama created by those events was fake, at least I was glad he left Jiraya out of the wreckage but it seems he wants to bring him back in XD

The point is that when you kill somebody then the character should be dead, if you are not in dragonball and you have the dragonballs (but that is a condition already known from the start so there are no problems), what if in AGOT dead characters were revived? That are fake tensions that kill the love (or at least what you see good, your trust) for a story. It is a bit like when Oda destroyed the fishman ship in chapter 900, just way way worse. All the tension and drama created by those events was fake, at least I was glad he left Jiraya out of the wreckage but it seems he wants to bring him back in XD
I mean... part one had Choji who should have died after he fought Jirobo or whatever his name was from the sound four so...

I know why it's a flaw in story telling, but we should have expected people wouldn't die. It's a shounen, not a seinen haha

I mean... part one had Choji who should have died after he fought Jirobo or whatever his name was from the sound four so...

I know why it's a flaw in story telling, but we should have expected people wouldn't die. It's a shounen, not a seinen haha
Yeah, remember the Choji one, that was a bit different for me since he was a secondary character (unlike Gaara or Kakashi) and it was at the end of a fight and not really so clear. Point is that in good stories this doesn't happen, in OP when somebody dies it is dead for good, and Oda could mess that up through Moria or some df but he chooses not to because he knows it is not good for the manga. And it is so for every other major or minor (good) story.

A good example of what not to do should be fairy tail XD

Last edited:
Yeah, remember the Choji one, that was a bit different for me since he was a secondary character (unlike Gaara or Kakashi) and it was at the end of a fight and not really so clear. Point is that in good stories this doesn't happen, in OP when somebody dies it is dead for good, and Oda could mess that up through Moria or some df but he chooses not to because he knows it is not good for the manga. And it is so for every other major or minor (good) story.

A giod example of what not to do should be fairy tail XD
But we were told outright that the red pill kills the person who eats it

I dont mind retconning deaths as long as the means are justified and explainable

In Boruto, there's nothing like this that's come up thus far

Yeah man, FT is great for the fights but everything else about it is terrible

It's almost as good as part 1. Major problem is it's monthly so the characterization fills like it's moving at snail pace. But it's gotten extremely good the last few months, with the only problem being Naruto/Sasuke not using abilities when or how people want.

The new team 7 all have interesting paths to take also, should be a hell of a read once all the fleshing out gets resolved.