Powers & Abilities What if Kizaru dies and Koby inherits his powers?

Koby’s dream is to be an admiral. For this to happen one of the admirals must die or retire.

Kizaru makes the most sense. Oda already gave him his spotlight in Egghead and he was shown doing the Nika dance in the Kuma flashback, being sympathetic to VP, Kuma, and Bonney.

While he did kill Stella, it seems like he’s clearly troubled by what he had to do. I could see this leading to him losing faith in the WG going forward.

If Kizaru were to die, Koby makes the most sense to inherit his powers. Koby already has powerful CoA, CoO, and physical strength. Much better feats in this aspect than any of the VAs we have seen. If Koby were to get the Pika Pika no mi, he would be able to fill Kizaru’s shoes as the 3rd admiral.

Furthermore, it makes sense thematically. Luffy is the Sun god. Sabo, his brother, is fire. Koby, the marine hero, being light fits this theme.

Ultimately while it is possible for Koby to be a DF-less fighter like Garp. I think it would make more sense if he got a powerful DF. Unlike Roger, Luffy has a mythic Zoan. Hence I don’t think there’s much of an issue with Koby getting a logia.

Narratively speaking, I don't think so.

However, out of all the fruits the Pika Pika would be simply perfect for him on all accounts: speed, power, even the "theme".
Unlike many others, the Pika Pika is even a Logia that highly enhance the physical blows and Koby Is a CoC fighter.
Can you image a light fast Honestly Impact?

Having said that, Kizaru Is already perfect with It.

A fruit I would like even more for Koby Is Jozu's fruit.
Jozu's fruit would have been simply perfect for his stile. He would have gained unparalleled defence and a huge offensive boost. Image AdvCoA + AdvCoC + Diamond defense and offense: crazy.
And since Koby has a very advanced CoO, he would have been even hard to hit. And when you hit, you find Diamond + advanced haki.

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Kizaru not being allowed to show off Pika no Mi abilities because someone else needs to do it is a real possibility at this point.
We have seen the same with Gura no Mi on Whitebeard, the bare minimum, not a single named move was allowed...
Who gets the fruit is another matter and Coby doesn't strike me as someone who would eat one.

But as you said, Coby isn't restricted to being Garp v2.0 so it is possible that he eats a DF.
Not sure how it would work with Coby's style but the theme fits.
Sacred Jewels, Mirrors and Sword don't seem fitting to Coby tho.

Not sure how it would work with Coby's style but the theme fits.
Sacred Jewels, Mirrors and Sword don't seem fitting to Coby tho.
Well, Koby did train with the sword, but more so the Pika Pika is probably the only Logia fruit that Is perfect for a CQC fighter too.

Light Speed Is crazy good for both, well, speed and to enhance blows. Honesty impact + Light Speed augmentation Is huge, as it would be great CoO + Light Speed.

But I don't think Koby will eat It.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Well, Koby did train with the sword, but more so the Pika Pika is probably the only Logia fruit that Is perfect for a CQC fighter too.

Light Speed Is crazy good both for, well, speed and to enhance blows. Honesty impact + Light Speed augmentation Is huge, as it would be great CoO + Light Speed.

But I don't think Koby will eat It.
The signature moves like Ama no Murakumo and Yasakani no Magatama are hard to imagine on someone like Coby tbh.
We would basically change "have you ever been kicked at speed of light" with "have you ever been punched at speed of light"...

Koby’s dream is to be an admiral. For this to happen one of the admirals must die or retire.

Kizaru makes the most sense. Oda already gave him his spotlight in Egghead and he was shown doing the Nika dance in the Kuma flashback, being sympathetic to VP, Kuma, and Bonney.

While he did kill Stella, it seems like he’s clearly troubled by what he had to do. I could see this leading to him losing faith in the WG going forward.

If Kizaru were to die, Koby makes the most sense to inherit his powers. Koby already has powerful CoA, CoO, and physical strength. Much better feats in this aspect than any of the VAs we have seen. If Koby were to get the Pika Pika no mi, he would be able to fill Kizaru’s shoes as the 3rd admiral.

Furthermore, it makes sense thematically. Luffy is the Sun god. Sabo, his brother, is fire. Koby, the marine hero, being light fits this theme.

Ultimately while it is possible for Koby to be a DF-less fighter like Garp. I think it would make more sense if he got a powerful DF. Unlike Roger, Luffy has a mythic Zoan. Hence I don’t think there’s much of an issue with Koby getting a logia.
Nahh, Kizaru is not dying until EOS and he certainly won't betray the WG. He will probably keep working for them, but he might disobey orders when he doesn't agree with them.

I had this theory once.

12 Zodiac Animals ~ 12 Admirals EOS

Akainu ~ Red ~ Dog
Aokiji ~ Blue ~ Pheasant / Rooster
Kizaru ~ Yellow ~ Monkey
Fujitora ~ Wisteria ~ Tiger
Greenbull ~ Greenbull ~ Greenbull
Sengoku ~ "gold" ~ Sheep

Now the new era one
Tensei ~ Black ~ Horse
Gion ~ pink ~ Rabbit
Tokikake ~ Brown ~ Pig

Those who are left are , Dragon , Snake and rat.

Drake ~ "unknown color" ~ Dragon (Dragon Dragon no mi)
Smoker ~ " White " ~ Snake

Only that's left is

Coby ~ " Some color " ~ Rat 🐀

Two unknown color are silver and Blue.

Xdrake and Coby will be probably one of the two above.

Either
Silver Rat / Blue Dragon
or
Silver Dragon / Blue Rat

I don't think it really fits him tho in terms of aesthetics and fighting style, as it would take everything away from Coby's own fighting style. Oda would rather like to showcase Coby's own moveset with dozens of Garp callbacks and training FBs than make him a half assed recycled version of Kizaru.
Plus Oda would in general only recycle a fruit, that we have barely seen and know the capabilities of. Especially for the final saga, the new owner would have to bring with him a set of new abilities, but Kizaru simply showed too much. Except for maybe 1 or 2 named attacks, there's only its awakening left to see. And it's just much more likely for Kizaru to show those awakening abilities instead of a new Pika no mi user suddenly pulling them out of their ass within a handful of weeks in story time. Imo it does not add up.

It he gets a fruit it should be a DF, that's a very simple but at the same time a very effective power boost, one that complements his fighting style and one that gets him top tier combat ready within a realistic period of time w/o major ass pulls. It's the same formula Oda had for the Blackbeard Pirates and a guy like Momonosuke.

If he really awakened CoC within honesty impact, Oda can make him an advCoC user in no time. He would then only need a much more capable body and he's good to go. And fruits that do exactly that and go well in hand with already established fighting styles are still mythical Zoans.
I remember seeing a video from 333vil. He thinks Coby will get Sengoku's fruit and that it actually fits Coby much more and iirc he had some very good points.

The Buddha fruit, similar to the Azure Dragon fruit, is by far one of the most powerful instant power ups in the series. It barely needs any mastery and training to be very, very beneficial. And symbolically he would also become a fusion out of Garp and Sengoku, which fits well into the Old gen/New gen and inherited will themes.

Last edited:
I don't think it really fits him tho in terms of aesthetics and fighting style. Plus Oda would only recycle a fruit, that we have barely seen and know the capabilities of. Especially for the final saga, the new owner would have to bring with him a set of new abilities, but Kizaru simply showed too much. Except for maybe 1 or 2 named attacks, there's only its awakening left to see. And it's just much more likely for Kizaru to show those awakening abilities instead of a new Pika no mi user suddenly pulling them out of their ass within a handful of weeks in story time. Imo it does not add up.

It he gets a fruit it should be a DF, that's a very simple but at the same time a very effective power boost, one that complements his fighting style and one that gets him top tier combat ready within a realistic period of time w/o major ass pulls. It's the same formula Oda had for the Blackbeard Pirates and a guy like Momonosuke.

If he really awakened CoC within honesty impact, Oda can make him an advCoC user in no time. He would then only need a much more capable body and he's good to go. And fruits that do exactly that and go well in hand with already established fighting styles are still mythical Zoans.
I remember seeing a video from 333vil. He thinks Coby will get Sengoku's fruit and that it actually fits Coby much more and iirc he had some very good points.

The Buddha fruit, similar to the Azure Dragon fruit, is by far one of the most powerful instant power ups in the series. It barely needs any mastery and training to be very, very beneficial. And symbolically he would also become a fusion out of Garp and Sengoku, which fits well into the Old gen/New gen and inherited will themes.
I think Kizaru should have at least 3 or 4 named moves to spare, but alas I agree.
The Buddha fruit would be cool, but would also be kind of opposite of what Koby seems to be: big, heavy, tanky, etc.

Imho there would be a perfect, incredibly powerful and totally underused fruit that you can gain killing a character that now has no relevance whatsoever in the manga instead of Sengoku:

A fruit I would like even more for Koby Is Jozu's fruit.
Jozu's fruit would have been simply perfect for his stile. He would have gained unparalleled defence and a huge offensive boost. Image AdvCoA + AdvCoC + Diamond defense and offense: crazy.
And since Koby has a very advanced CoO, he would have been even hard to hit. And when you hit, you find Diamond + advanced haki.

Last edited: