Current Events What if Luffy had run into Blackbeard instead?

Does current Luffy kill Blackbeard?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Remember what WB did with Gura at MF?

Good thing is BB exist who can wreck most of the SHs with gura..

Doc Q and Augur will become more effective because of this...
They get their ass beat all the same, you're expecting 2 weak trio fighters and Burgess to help Teach take on the SHs lol. They're fucked.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
It would be, all of BB's available commanders are facing off against their future opponents + help as Zoro & Luffy bum rush Teach.
No lol

Mid and weaker SHs are totally would be done in by Doc q because there is element of surprise there and they don't have strong haki to counter it.

Only problem is top 4 SHs - and Burgess can handle one while Augur can teleport another one or two leaving Luffy behind

Add BB destruction capabilities with Gura and SHs would be in danger.

And, whole point of BB saying he was expecting either of captain trio to be there is he was confident he could take on anyone of them and seeing how crew abilities complement each other, SHs would be in big problem

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
No lol

Mid and weaker SHs are totally would be done in by Doc q because there is element of surprise there and they don't have strong haki to counter it.

Only problem is top 4 SHs - and Burgess can handle one while Augur can teleport another one or two leaving Luffy behind

Add BB destruction capabilities with Gura and SHs would be in danger.

And, whole point of BB saying he was expecting either of captain trio to be there is he was confident he could take on anyone of them and seeing how crew abilities complement each other, SHs would be in big problem
Doc Q and Van Augur receive the Vegapunk treatment, only Zoro or Robin won't hold back and keep themselves from negging either off the start. Van Auger teleports Zoro? Robin bends his back 90 degrees. Robin vanishes? Zoro slices him in half.

Doc Q is a really temporary problem because any SH with ranged atttacks will take him out eventually. His disease won't effect Brook, who can freeze his pegasus. Won't effect General Franky, won't effect Zeus, so three hard counters right there. If they come at once he's fucked.

Burgess is the only threat worth mentioning besides BB but Sanji or Zoro can handle him, Jinbe can probably beat him or push him to high diff as he currently is solo. Add in the rest of the crew once the weak members of BB's crew get eviscerated and it's over.

Reborn

Doc Q and Van Augur receive the Vegapunk treatment, only Zoro or Robin won't hold back and keep themselves from negging either off the start. Van Auger teleports Zoro? Robin bends his back 90 degrees. Robin vanishes? Zoro slices him in half.

Doc Q is a really temporary problem because any SH with ranged atttacks will take him out eventually. His disease won't effect Brook, who can freeze his pegasus. Won't effect General Franky, won't effect Zeus, so three hard counters right there. If they come at once he's fucked.

Burgess is the only threat worth mentioning besides BB but Sanji or Zoro can handle him, Jinbe can probably beat him or push him to high diff as he currently is solo. Add in the rest of the crew once the weak members of BB's crew get eviscerated and it's over.
That's not how it will happen though

The purpose of BB vs law this chapter was to show case the abilities of BBP.

Law was in Submarine but was still not able to escape.

Shs on sunny would have hard time defending themselves against Gura. They will be off -balance and would be in danger of tsunami hitting them.

This will give the opening to other BBP like Doc and Augur to do their things and take out/separate SHs.

All of the above actions will involve element of surprise and thus catching SHs off guard just like how it happened with Law.

Burgess then will fight one of the Sh like zoro to keep him busy while BB will take on Luffy

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
That's now how it will happen though

The purpose of BB vs law this chapter was to show case the abilities of BBP.

Law was in Submarine but was still not able to escape.

Shs on sunny would have hard time defending themselves against Gura. They will be off -balance and would be in danger of tsunami hitting them.

All of the above actions will involve element of surprise and thus catching SHs off guard just like how it happened with Law.

This will give the opening to other BBP like Doc and Augur to do their things and take out/separate SHs.

Burgess then will fight one of the Sh like zoro to keep him busy while BB will take on Luffy
I'm happy to remind you that Luffy has future sight and Sanji has great CoO. This last chapter even highlighted his future sight twice. The second they feel the tremors from Teach's Gura, Luffy knows what'll happen. Surprise, sure. They're catching on much quicker and limiting Teach's ability to ambush them.

Lol what you're not getting is Doc Q and Van Augur need to take down multiple Straw Hats, including very likely their future opponents, and they're not exactly strong. At the first moment of danger Robin and Zoro are attacking and I'm betting they'll be faster on the draw given; Zoro is faster than both until otherwise shown, Robin's ability is near instant and hard to react to.

Then you have every other SH going after them as well. They get mobbed.

Burgess fighting Zoro would be a death sentence considering his best feat so far is throwing Pica, something a much much weaker Zoro could handle with mid difficulty. With little to no speed or haki feats, he gets sliced up. Worse off if Zoro has back up since group fights, as shown in Wano, make it significantly harder for the outnumbered party to react. (Zoro v. Killer & Onimushu, Linlin v. Supernova, all of the fodder & Tobi Roppo v. SH fights highlight this)

Luffy might lose to Teach in a pure 1v1, it won't be less than high diff and it's not getting that far before the rest of the SHs join him.

It's literally Teach with less than half of his titanic captains and 2 of them are destined to be defeated by the weaker SHs. Saying they give the full SH crew a hard time is massive SH downplay.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
:luffywat:
I don’t care what anyone thinks of me but I believe that Luffy would’ve trashed Blackbeard right then and there. Alot of people dismiss Luffy’s accomplishment and saying Kaido was entry level bla bla bla and power creep bs.

I mean he’s definitely beating Law, but as Wano clearly showcased: Luffy is a step ahead of Law and Kid. It took two of them to beat someone far weaker than Kaido and they leaderly cheerled for Luffy.

Law will be a high diff fight for Teech, he isn’t neg diff’ing him the same way he did an unaware Hancock.

If Blackbeard pulled what he did on Luffy, we are getting a bloodlusted Monster Quintet. Luffy fucking hates Blackbeard (its in sight fr) and once Robin spills all the tea she’s been keeping from him, Luffy will be even more pissed and he’ll know the immediate danger Teach poses to him and his friends with Devil Fruits along with Robin’s knowledge and he’s not letting her get away EVER AGAIN!! BRUTAL NO-NONSENSE LUFFY IS BACK, SCREW ALL THAT GOOFY LOONEY TUNE CARTOON CRAP ITS THIS ENERGY THE WHOLE FIGHT:

Nowadays he’s having a blast fighting his opponents, goofing off, laughing it up, befriending them and making promises ha…

Last time we seen this version of Luffy was in Dressrosa where he was relentlessly on Doflamingo’s ass the entire fight, especially when G4 turned it from a fight to straight up violation on helpless Doffy bravely clinging on to dear life
:blush::catsweat:
Wano teased us with it at the start when he saw the state Kaido put Wano in firsthand and when he thought his crew died:

Eyes of a beast… Was so hyped when both he and Kid vowed to get Kaido outloud at the same time then noticing each other, I feel bad for people who didn’t see that in the anime as their first introduction into Act 1. But unfortunately we got summer camp super sumo slam instead of an Impel Down 2.0 where Kaido actually has spirit breaking torture wardened by actual competent menacing threats Luffy would demolish while leveling up to beat a yonko reknown as the King of Beasts and unbeatable for vengeance and to save Wano, have Luffy feel the stakes unlike what Frauda gave us and he said the Raid would make Marineford look like child’s play in comparison. Marineford is the most brutal tense arc still. Back then top tiers felt intense and didn’t play either, Akainu is legit scarier than any character when he’s pursuing someone.
:catcry:

He’s not letting anyone die. And not just him: Zoro and Jimbei are crazy about Luffy and have unquestionable loyalty and faith in Luffy, they’re dropping bodies the instant any of those degenerates think about touching Luffy. Sanji equally so when it comes to the girls

I can perfectly envision Zoro just bisecting Burgess and whatever petty mountain he’s picked up assuming the battle even makes it to land lmao, Jinbe drowns them. Sanji just seemingly teleporting behind Van Augur and breaking his neck with an Ifrit Jambe kick the second he tries to take aim. Robin just snaps the ugly Pegasus’ wings and it’s a wrap.
Neckbeard isn’t ready for Luffy right now. That coward is right to keep gathering Devil Fruits, looking for a third and maybe then that loser will feel secure. Luffy sees the quake coming from a mile away with FS then that’s when Jinbe and Sanji deploy to start dismantling the ship and the fodder as the true king pulls up to put the fear in Teach like Whitebeard did. It will be the day he sees Joyboy frown as he mercilessly sends him to hell with Kaido finishing what Ace and Pops couldn’t

Not that he would need his fruit since his haki alone is on a greater mastery than Teach’s fruits. When all is said and done, Luffy could be sending his #2 to cut down stray Blackbeard Rats like Shiryu. Handicapped Kaido >>> Neckbeard.

Anyways that’s just my opinion on what I think would happen. What do you think would go down?
I mean, especially if they run into each other with BB not having Shiryu and Aokiji next to him.

That would be a tragic death to fatty.

Reborn

I'm happy to remind you that Luffy has future sight and Sanji has great CoO. This last chapter even highlighted his future sight twice. .
I'm also happy to remind you that to use FS Luffy needs to be calm. Last time he met BB he became hot headed.

This chapter even highlighted this fact when Bonney tagged him

The second they feel the tremors from Teach's Gura, Luffy knows what'll happen. Surprise, sure. They're catching on much quicker and limiting Teach's ability to ambush them.

Even if Luffy sees into future and that's an if here, SHs won't be able to do anything because bar Luffy no one experienced Gura impact so they are bound to get off -balance

Teach doesn't need to ambush when he can wreck havoc with his Gura AP

Just look at these panels and tell me how come you can think SHs can respond under such attacks and won't get off balance when most never even experienced these things

See, how much ships got swayed

Andz then there was tsunami to handle

Lol what you're not getting is Doc Q and Van Augur need to take down multiple Straw Hats, including very likely their future opponents, and they're not exactly strong. At the first moment of danger Robin and Zoro are attacking and I'm betting they'll be faster on the draw given; Zoro is faster than both until otherwise shown, Robin's ability is near instant and hard to react to.

I totally understand that DoC and Augur aren't so strong but what you aren't getting is DoC q infection is contagious.

Once BB will off balance them with Gura, they will be cling to each other just like what happened at MF.

This is perfect opening for Doc Q because the moment he will infect one, others will get infected too.

No matter how fast SHs can draw but this combination of Gura + Infection would put them in bind and will take care of most of the SHs who lacks STRONG HAKI

Burgess fighting Zoro would be a death sentence considering his best feat so far is throwing Pica, something a much much weaker Zoro could handle with mid difficulty. With little to no speed or haki feats, he gets sliced up. Worse off if Zoro has back up since group fights, as shown in Wano, make it significantly harder for the outnumbered party to react. (Zoro v. Killer & Onimushu, Linlin v. Supernova, all of the fodder & Tobi Roppo v. SH fights highlight this)

Luffy might lose to Teach in a pure 1v1, it won't be less than high diff and it's not getting that far before the rest of the SHs join him.

It's literally Teach with less than half of his titanic captains and 2 of them are destined to be defeated by the weaker SHs. Saying they give the full SH crew a hard time is massive SH downplay.
Individually, BB with half crew is no match for full SH crew. That's given as they are outnumbered and two of the SHs (Zoro and Luffy) can take on BB then.

But thing is you are counting on individual strengths and I am saying BBP abilities complement each other thus when they work in tandem they might pose difficulty for ShS.

Heck, mecha shark with surprise attack put SHs in bind so saying half BB crew can't pull this is massive downplay of BB

Last edited:
Reborn makes a good point actually

Every Strawhat without haki automatically loses to Doc Q

Usopp can't snipe Van Augur if he's constantly teleporting

Stronger has a mythical zoan so he may actually be a threat

Burgess can casually throw mountains which only 3(?) of the Strawhats can deal with

Hmmm
Didn't even think about it that way tbh. Doc Q can be a menace to anyone without haki. I bet they would also have to be decently experience to be able to counter his df. You counter it once but when you do it over and ovet then it would put a strain into the body, I am talking about those who just learn haki like the straw hats let's say if the rest eventually get it, and those without much experience at using large quantity of haki.

Otherwise Robin, Franky, Brook, Chopper, Udopp, Nami are easy targets for Doc Q, have Van Augur teleport him back and forth to spread infections, Burgess and BB attack relentlessly, Van Augur warps his shots or again since there are plenty of non haki users among straw hats warp them around. Use them as meatshields.

Last edited:
I'm happy to remind you that Luffy has future sight and Sanji has great CoO. This last chapter even highlighted his future sight twice. The second they feel the tremors from Teach's Gura, Luffy knows what'll happen. Surprise, sure. They're catching on much quicker and limiting Teach's ability to ambush them.

Then you have every other SH going after them as well. They get mobbed.

CoO is worthless against BB when you can't outrun his yami.

Blackbeard vs Zoro (very hax devil fruits vs his worst counter)
Burgess vs Luffy (musclehead moron vs musclehead moron)
Augur vs Sanji (mobile sniper vs someone mobile)
Dr. Q vs Jinbe (hax devil fruit vs remaining CoA master)
Stronger gets jumped together

Zoro and Luffy neg BB
Jinbei beats burgess
Lanji robin brook nami chopper usopp neg van augur and docq stronger
Heck zeus alone negs stronger and docq