Questions & Mysteries What is Imu's gender?

Imu gender?

• Male👦

• Female👩

• Neither👽

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lots about the look and the garden suggest femininity to me. Not so sure about the dialogue though. And the obsession with Vivi- potentially romantic/lustful ? Oda’s… not going to have a lesbian queen of the world.

I think the King title isn’t very useful, it could be much the same as Big Mom being an Emperor and not an Empress. We already know one of the Twenty Kings is actually a Queen. Official translation also just has Iva say there was a “monarch”, a gender neutral term.

A bit of a stretch but hear me out.

Nami smiled at Vivi in Alabasta bathhouse.

In an SBS, Oda said that Nami's favorite stuff are money and beautiful women. Hence why we got the whole "Lesbian Nami" debate around.

There's theories speculating that Nami is related to Imu.

Imu holding Vivi's poster and have history with Nefertari D. Lily, the first founding King or rather, Queen of Alabasta.

We know that the term "King" can be a woman, seeing how Lily was part of 20 Kings that fought against the Ancient Kingdom and formed the World Government.

So connecting all these together, Imu is related to Nami (Imu might even have Nami's appearance) and Imu is interested in Vivi because Nami is also interested in Vivi.

Man, can't wait for Oda to bomb this theory and introduced us with bratty spoiled snot nosed ugly shota as King of the World.

See a pattern ? Very strong muscular looking guys. Even if some carry female design features that ultimately doesn't distract from their muscular appearance.

Imu's choice of clothes clearly resemble a wedding dress when Imu is going up the stairs. Imu's long ass crown resembles Uta's by a lot and Sugar has one too, couple that with Imu's feminine physique and there you have it
Oda uses movies to tease future plot points.

- Kuzan design revealed in Z.
- Neo marines being teasers for a marine faction that split off from the actual Navy.
- Bullet fight teasing Rooftop. Bullet being taken out by a Giant fist.
- Figarland mentioned in red.
- Uta the final antagonist being female teasing Imu etc
Hopefully you're wrong (95% chance you are) because that's beyond lame.

Most One Piece female characters are trash.