Character Discussion What is Kozuki Momonosuke?

What is Kozuki Momonosuke?

• An Ancient Weapon

• The reincarnation of Joy Boy

• The reincarnation of Ryuma

• Something else (suggest options in the thread)

• He's just the heir to the Kozuki

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Beyond his status as heir to the Kozuki, the symbol of the rebellion, and future Shogun of Wano, Momonosuke is an extremely big deal. He's someone that's very important.

His name means "second to none":

Momonosuke is peerless.

He was able to hear the voice of Zunisha and command it:

Luffy could hear something, but not as clearly as Momonosuke and he could not communicate with Zunisha.

In Chapter 1014, Momonosuke also began to hear voices again:

He seems to possess the ability to hear the "voice of all things", and at a level far beyond what Luffy possesses.

Either through his ability to hear the voice of all things or observation haki, he could monitor the events of the Rooftop from Onigashima's basement:

Oden himself believed him to be exceptionally important. This is shown through Yamato.

Yamato read Oden's journal and made it her bible:

Momonosuke is someone so important that she would lay down her life for him:

Per what she read in Oden's journal, he's the one that shall guide the world to its dawn:

She reiterates that his life is the top priority:

Upon learning of his importance, Momonosuke himself expresses that same sentiment that he cannot be allowed to die:

I think Luffy is Joy Boy, and I feel like Momo is a little too important to be an Ancient Weapon (as Paradoxical as that may seem). If Momo were to be an Ancient Weapon it would be Uranus (Pluton is a battleship and Shirahoshi is Poseidon), and giving its connection to the sky, I'm not sure it would fit (though I guess Momonosuke is a dragon).

I'm voting for Ancient Weapon as none of the other options (Joy Boy/Ryuma) feels compelling, I think those two particular figures reincarnated in Luffy and Zoro.

Edit
I've changed my mind. @dizzy2341 convinced me that the reason Momonosuke must survive no matter what is due to being a Kozuki.

Oden about himself:

Oden said:
It is imperative that I survive.

Yamato about Momonosuke:

Yamato said:
It is imperative that you survive.

The language is exactly the same. So I think that guiding the world to the Dawn is something that has to do with being heir to the Kozuki.

@Bogard, @Akai2, @KiriNigiri, @Den_Den_Mushi, @dontflame, @Garp the Fist, @Nidai_Kitetsu, @Celestial D. Dragon, @Van, @dizzy2341, @Charlotte Horchata, @Lampyris.

Last edited:
I'm very confident that Uranus is a weapon that can control the weather. Momo just has the VOAT and he's a Kozuki. That's it IMO.

He can control Zunisha because she was originally given orders by a Kozuki. He can hear voices just like Luffy, Roger and Oden can.

I believe the Kozuki clan were one of the leaders in the Ancient Kingdom. Momo's job now is to work together with Joyboy to open the borders and ready the world and AK allies for the battle against the WG.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
I don't think Momo will likely be revealed as an ancient weapon, or Tama. At the end I will be not shocked if Shirahoshi had been revealed as the sole one person in Poisedon.

Poisedon remembers about the oceans = Shirahoshi.

Pluton a fitting name for a destructive ship.

Uranus reminds of the sky, the heaven, it might constitute something massive if the dictation will remain.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I'm very confident that Uranus is a weapon that can control the weather. Momo just has the VOAT and he's a Kozuki. That's it IMO.

He can control Zunisha because she was originally given orders by a Kozuki. He can hear voices just like Luffy, Roger and Oden can.

I believe the Kozuki clan were one of the leaders in the Ancient Kingdom. Momo's job now is to work together with Joyboy to open the borders and ready the world and AK allies for the battle against the WG.
If this was the case, then why is he:
  1. Someone that cannot be allowed to die
  2. The one who must guide the world to its Dawn

Those two go beyond just being heir to the Kozuki.

Uranus.

Probably Uranus have some abillity not only to control Zunesha, but the Ancient Giants too. Wano and Ancient Giants have been show together in the plot since the first introduction of both.
-In TB Oda first show us a Ancient Giant who "pulls continents" and start to build up Wano, with Ryumma, Kaido, with his win over Moria, and BM, with Lola vivre card, all this things would culminante in the arc we are reading now.
-In Marineford he show Oars Jr. and for no reason connect his small plotline with Wano
-In PH we get to know the first two alive characters from Wano, that would stay with the crew until now, and in PH too Oda do a lot of foreshadow with Ancient Giants, showing the signs, the skull, the frozen bodies and think even Law talk about the governament trying to make Giants, and Oda show a Ancient Giant in the background.
-Now in Wano we first see that the country geology seems to have been made to be a fortress, with pehaps different islands being pulled together(by a Giant?), that's why the different climates, them we see that Onigashima itself is a skull of a Ancient Giant, them Oda show that the hat that Ace show Oars Jr. how to do was learn by him in Wano, them we knew that Kaido have in his crew some of the failed Ancient Giants that the WG tried to create, and we discover that Kaido daughter too have horns like him, probably because they both are decendents from the Ancient Giants, and now Momo start to show powers very similar to those of Shirahoshi. Seems like Oda cant write about Ancient Giants without put something about Wano.

I think the Uranus was a power that the head of the Kozuki Clan always have the ability to awake, but for the last 800y become limited to just the VOAT for poneglyph reading, and that 800y ago the head of the Kozuki from the Void Century used this powers to make the Ancient Giants and Zunesha pull some Islands together and make Wano the fortress it is today, to protect this power from the WG, and that Momo will use this powers to open Wano to the world, by making it go back to sea level and ending the isolation.

And in the Final War Momo will use Zunesha to lift Luffy allies from the NW to Marijoa, while the SH and the Paradise allies will attack from the other side, after Luffy destroy Reverse Mountain, with Pluton, and them the SH make a fast jorney trough the Paradise, pehaps with help from Laboon and the whales, or with Nami map.

Very likely that if Shirahoshi and Momo are Poseidon and Uranus, Vivi is Pluton.

Those two go beyond just being heir to the Kozuki.
Nah, not really.
If this was the case, then why is he:
  1. Someone that cannot be allowed to die
  2. The one who must guide the world to its Dawn
1. Because he has a duty to perform that only someone in his position can carry out. Oden said the exact same thing.

The phrasing is identical. It's not a coincidence.

2. This is just a theory, but the Kozuki were important individuals in or to the Ancient Kingdom. Now Wano will act as the HQ and centre of the global rebellion against the WG.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
β€Ž
Luffy = Joy Boy
Zoro = Ryuma

Momo is NOT an Ancient Weapon. He's the next Oden. Roger and Luffy also hear the "Voice of All Things" but they're not Ancient Weapons. Momo is more like Aisa which they both also hear the voices on the island of Skypiea and Onigashima.

Momo or rather kozuki is the leader of ancient civilizations

Momo has 3 animal that follow him (like momotaro) which are ancient elephant, turtle, and snake from hinduism theory about world (?). But I think it's gonna be ancient elephant, whale, and dragon. With those animal he can open wano. That's why he should not die.

Last edited:
Both Roger and Oden could listen voices that no one else could.

Momonosuke born when both Roger and Oden were alive. So he can't be reincarnation of them. If he is JoyBoy so Roger and Oden wasn't Joyboy.

If Poseidon is a weapon just for talking to Sea Kings than Momonosuke is a weapon for talking to Zunesha.

1014 is Zunesha talking to Momonosuke. It will beat Kaido same way it did with Jack. Fake fans will love and I will hate.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Nah, not really.

1. Because he has a duty to perform that only someone in his position can carry out. Oden said the exact same thing.

The phrasing is identical. It's not a coincidence.

2. This is just a theory, but the Kozuki were important individuals in or to the Ancient Kingdom. Now Wano will act as the HQ and centre of the global rebellion against the WG.

Your argument for #1 is convincing at least.

I added an extra option to the poll to reflect his specialness stemming solely from his role as heir to the Kozuki.

I don't think Momo is an Ancient Weapon.

When Kaido made the announcement about New Onigashima, and him and Big Mom going for the ancient weapons, it seemed like he was saying they would have to leave Wano go out in the world and retrieve the Ancient Weapons.
Though it's possible he has no idea what he's looking for?

Also, if the three ancient weapons are 2 "people/beings" and a mega battleship, then imo two of the weapons are too similar to each other, while the other is totally different.

I think it's more likely we have one "living being", one mega battleship, and third unknown that's not Momo.

I think Momo isn't an ancient weapon like Shirahoshi, but with his very advanced VOAT, he may be the only person in the world that can communicate with and order around ancient creatures. I think Luffy will never get that far.

If Wano ends up being carried on the shell of a giant ancient turtle like people speculate then Momo's death would mean that nobody in the world is able to communicate with it.
I guess the deciding factor in that is the Kozuki bloodline which is why Oden said that he must survive at all costs.

Momo is basically a slightly weaker version of an ancient weapon because controlling all sea kings around the world is definitely a more powerful ability to me.

I think it has to do with the founding members of the Kozuki Clan (Or maybe one in particular). For some reason, only Momonosuke was able to give Zunisha an order. This elephant was cursed to walk for all eternity, and never act on it's own, but Momo was able to order her to break that pattern, and allow her to defend herself against Jack.

I don't think it's anything like Shirahoshi does with the Sea Kings, cause she can flat out control all manner of Sea Kings. With Momo, it makes more sense that he can order Zunisha around, because he is a direct descendant of the person who cursed Zunisha to walk the Earth for 1000 years, and therefore he is the only person who can order Zunisha around.

As a matter of fact, it might not even be because of his Kozuki blood now that I think about it. It could possibly be from Toki's bloodline, as she is actually from the Void Century.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I think it has to do with the founding members of the Kozuki Clan (Or maybe one in particular). For some reason, only Momonosuke was able to give Zunisha an order. This elephant was cursed to walk for all eternity, and never act on it's own, but Momo was able to order her to break that pattern, and allow her to defend herself against Jack.

I don't think it's anything like Shirahoshi does with the Sea Kings, cause she can flat out control all manner of Sea Kings. With Momo, it makes more sense that he can order Zunisha around, because he is a direct descendant of the person who cursed Zunisha to walk the Earth for 1000 years, and therefore he is the only person who can order Zunisha around.

As a matter of fact, it might not even be because of his Kozuki blood now that I think about it. It could possibly be from Toki's bloodline, as she is actually from the Void Century.
The reason Momonosuke must survive no matter what is due to being a Kozuki.

Oden about himself:

Oden said:
It is imperative that I survive.

Yamato about Momonosuke:

Yamato said:
It is imperative that you survive.

The language is exactly the same. So I think that guiding the world to the Dawn is something that has to do with being heir to the Kozuki.

The reason Momonosuke must survive no matter what is due to being a Kozuki.

Oden about himself:

Yamato about Momonosuke:

Well, they can be mutually exclusive, as the Kozuki definitely play a huge role in bringing the Dawn to the World. But Oden himself didn't have the ability to commune with Zunisha and order her around. He could hear her voice like Luffy and Roger, but only Momonosuke is capable of giving her orders.

It might be a once in every "X generation" type of deal like Shirahoshi, but it would be a crazy plot twist if it was because of both the Kozuki bloodline, and Toki's bloodline.