General & Others What is Oda trying to say about people who fight S-Snake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that can be explain by the fact Oda is japanese. I have nothing against Japanese people but let's admit it, some of them have weird sexual fetish and some stuff is considered as normal there while considered as disturbing by us like the whole idol fetish (some girls in this indistry are minors).
Japan is Japan is Japan

Will this ever change?
They also have rental girlfriends and rental fathers and business people adopting children for the sake of raising them as heirs to their corporate empire.
Are human relationships even real at all in this country or is everything about fake affection and fake love??
Post automatically merged:

I mean overcome with emotion could mean overcome with cuteness. And they do seem to be playing into that with S-Snake
I’ll admit it’s kinda weird but that’s more in line with OP’s brand of humor IMO
He might retcon it like Pudding's age

I didn’t even think much of this scene. Oda barely cares about shit like this he just probably thought Mero Mero turns people to stone that’s it. It’s also Japan this is nothing compared to the grand scheme of morally questionable art out there. You can’t impose your own cultural views to another country you know nothing about.

I didn’t even think much of this scene. Oda barely cares about shit like this he just probably thought Mero Mero turns people to stone that’s it. It’s also Japan this is nothing compared to the grand scheme of morally questionable art out there. You can’t impose your own cultural views to another country you know nothing about.
Yeah he already lost his passion of one piece 🥲🥲

He used to be a plan guy, a masterplan, but just look at him now, a pedo
What happened to him?

Yeah he already lost his passion of one piece 🥲🥲

He used to be a plan guy, a masterplan, but just look at him now, a pedo
What happened to him?
A pedo? Nah he’s been like this since forever look at fucking Rebecca she’s supposed to be 16 and yet she was sexualized the f out of. This is manga and even in shonen this is literally normal. He’s definitely not as good of a planner/master planner as he used to be though his chapters have so much useless shit and so many important moments are skipped for the sake of giving Luffy 90% of screentime.

To be honest there can be an explanation for this too. Firstly why was BB also aiming to get the fruit for himself, he is one of the ugliest fuckers out there. Secondly I don't think the fruit is based on sexiness, it is based on beauty and even children can be beautiful. There is a difference between appreciating or recognizing beauty and getting sexually aroused by it. You can maybe call it cute/pretty if you want to use beauty for adults.

Its.. its not translated that way
My god
This stupidity 🤣🤣

Do you have a talk to girl lately
Bacuse I think you needed one
A lot actually
Enlighten me with the proper translation, please.

Gloriosa is saying this:

「はわわ!! まるで子犬…黒ハート」

Which indeed means that she sees her as a puppy.

I talk daily with a girl, don't worry about that. Just focus on explaining me the actual meaning of those panels I shared, please, and whether or not they established a precedent for people going hearty with Boa for other reasons than lust.

To be honest there can be an explanation for this too. Firstly why was BB also aiming to get the fruit for himself, he is one of the ugliest fuckers out there. Secondly I don't think the fruit is based on sexiness, it is based on beauty and even children can be beautiful. There is a difference between appreciating or recognizing beauty and getting sexually aroused by it. You can maybe call it cute/pretty if you want to use beauty for adults.
You know what sad?
I really want to agree with you too
But just look at this for a moment

Is this a face of a guy who appreciating a cuteness
Or a guy who is thirsty ?

Are you aware that you guys are trying to sexualize a little girl here ? Let's stop that

Plus, you are most likely missunderstanding the actual purpose of the panel: What you do not understand is the actual power of hancock:

Bringing up the most perverse nature of everyone. Spoiler, ped*philia is not something humans are immune to. It's creepy, it's horrible, but it's a systemic and social problem. That panel is therefore a DARK yet FACTUAL representation of reality.

Like I said in the left space:

Men are trash. (except Luffy, we love Luffy) and that Panel is a perfect representation of that.

Last edited:
You know what sad?
I really want to agree with you too
But just look at this for a moment

Is this a face of a guy who appreciating a cuteness
Or a guy who is thirsty ?
Maybe you are right, the face is evil/disgusting with the tongue coming out. Not trying to defend Oda but maybe some Japanese can shed some light on this if this is some cultural thing too. On the internet we know how much young anime girls are liked, we even have a member here whose avi and sig have what appears to be a young girl. I really don't want to get into this whole debate about how sometimes there are overdeveloped young/under age girls are shown and then there are underdeveloped adult women who look like young girls. I think that fairy/guardian in Fairy Tail was an adult woman in the body of a kid.

Are human relationships even real at all in this country or is everything about fake affection and fake love??
To make it simple, that's a fantasy story that sell well on Japan

Most of Japanese do a shity work with a shity payment and probably still live with the parents or totally alone
So a story about a beautiful young woman that fall in love with an average guy it's pretty common and sell well

I think that fairy/guardian in Fairy Tail was an adult woman in the body of a kid.
You mean Mavis the first master ?

To make it simple, that's a fantasy story that sell well on Japan

Most of Japanese do a shity work with a shity payment and probably still live with the parents or totally alone
So a story about a beautiful young woman that fall in love with an average guy it's pretty common and sell well

You mean Mavis the first master ?
I think so, I left that crap after completing the manga around 4-5 years back (whenever that happened), gotta finish the story like how I am waiting for MHA to end.

The ability works on those who find the user adorable or cute, as well. It's not 100 percent sexually related, as is the case with the women on Amazon Lily who find Hancock's actions to be cutesy. Boa turns to stone men and women alike.

Nice to know where the mindset of a couple of readers are on here though. You see the panel and instead of looking at the ability as a whole, your minds jump to men wanting to have sex with children.

Dude, people have posted multiple instances where people had heart eyes for reasons other than lust

Or for another example, Nami has hearts around her here
This makes more sense.

The introduction of the devil fruit as something that only effects lust seems to be the problem but oda can easily retcon it by saying anyone with strong feelings of affection so love, lust, or people think they’re very cute would work with the devil fruit.

This makes more sense.

The introduction of the devil fruit as something that only effects lust seems to be the problem but oda can easily retcon it by saying anyone with strong feelings of affection so love, lust, or people think they’re very cute would work with the devil fruit.
It could be a way to look at it, but again we could also look at it the darker way as a denounciation of actual systemic ped*philia.

Like I said previously, Ped*philia is a systemic and social problem. No humans (except maybe Luffy) are immune to it, it's therefore logical that S-snake is able to bring out the worst perversity in the mind of those she touches.

Last edited:
It could be a way to look at it, but again we could also look at it the darker way as a denounciation of actual systemic ped*philia.

Like I said previously, Ped*philia is a systemic and social problem. No humans (except maybe Luffy) are immune to it, it's therefore logical that S-snake is able to bring out the worst perversity in the mind of those she touches.
The biggest knock against this is the fact that Blackbeard went after the fruit. I think we can all agree that neither he, nor anyone in his crew can get any use out of the fruit, if the user has to be the object of one's lust.

Status
Not open for further replies.