Powers & Abilities What is Shanks?

What is he?

• Total voters

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
A carbon based life form, at least within the context of the series. Outside of it, he is a fictional character in a very popular manga.

In all honesty, I think he’s gotta be a Haki master, potentially the strongest CoC user in the series. Perhaps knowing this, Oda may have nerfed him at the very beginning to amplify this fact - even without an arm, nobody in the OP world fucks with him (other than fatalistic malcontents like Kid) as a testament to his completely indomitable spirit.

I think what Hakiman means, is, using Haki not supplementary to another fighting style but purely. In order to cut better, swordsmen infuse their attacks with Haki. But we also saw what pure Haki attacks look like. e.g. when Sentomaru repelled Luffy. Or when Rayleigh repelled the elephant. When Roger and Whitebeard clashed, they also used a Haki barrier. With Roger sending Oden flying with what appears to be a Haki blast as well, which did not cut Oden.

But yes, he nevertheless is a swordsman because this is his main fighting style, and he even was Mihawk's rival.

LMao some shanks fans hate the fact that he isn't the WSS and can him a hakiman.:few:
Oda is doing Shanks fans dirty. Most of their arguments of why Shanks is no 1 in the verse, why he is stronger than Mihawk are all being dispelled right infront of their eyes

First he dispelled the notion that Shanks is the guardian of One piece. The guy doesn't even know what One piece is
Then he dispelled the notion that Shanks wanted to be PK
Then he dispelled the notion that Shanks values the strawhat more than his life similar to how Luffy does
Then he dispelled the notion that Shanks has the highest bounty. (turns out he has the lowest of the original yonko)
Then the notion of him being stronger than Mihawk./ being more famous than Mihawk etc got dispelled when we were told Shanks got majority of his fame from Mihawk. (Shanks fans state Shanks isn't interested in wss but goes around fighting Mihawk and leeching off fame from Mihawk to increase his fame. Why didn't he go around fighting non swordsmen if he was not interested)

It makes sense why they will stick to this sinking ship till the end. It is the only thing they have left to try and justify why Shanks is stronger than Mihawk