Character Discussion What is the most embarassingly out-of-character moment of strawhats?

Sanji
-All of WCI. The biggest dick on the SHs is now the nicest guy in the world. The guy who was there when Luffy saved Robin all of a sudden thinks Luffy would just leave him if he puts on the same shitty act Robin did.

Zoro
-Nothing off the top of my head, he's consistent.

Luffy
-Listening and in awe of Oden's flashback like he was the second coming of christ. This is the same Luffy who doesn't even want to listen to his own crewmates' stories/life problems.

Disgusting Oden wank at large once again.
Luffy definitely listens to their stories and problems.
Hell he nearly got his arm bitten off by Arlong just to help Nami finally get over her childhood trauma.

in recent memory

1. zoro not following through with his promise to avenge tonoyasu
2. sanji not taking on lucci after he got rid of stussy
3. Luffy. The entire joyboy nika reveal was a massive turn off . put me off his character

That makes no sense, Zoro as we know him throughout the story as an adult, has consistently treated women with more care than men. Period.
You make no sense.
Why you choose to ignore kid Zoro as if he's different Zoro?
kid Zoro established Zoro's character, not the other way. And that Zoro did not consider being woman an excuse for being weak and had no problem fighting Kuina.

His change from a flashback and adulthood could be touched up on
... c'mon now

but the consistency with his actions throughout the current timeline of the series is there.
Nothing consistent there:
-refuses to hurt Monet only next chapter to hurt her
-hurt mrs.Monday
-played around with Apoo instead of getting antidote from beginning, contradicting what he said to Luffy about taking things seriously

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Nothing consistent there:
-refuses to hurt Monet only next chapter to hurt her
-hurt mrs.Monday
-played around with Apoo instead of getting antidote from beginning, contradicting what he said to Luffy about taking things seriously
Nope, he went easy on her. If Monet wasn't a women, he would have struck her down and called it a day, instead he simply scared her shitless by not using haki on the final strike. So it remains consistent, he holds back on purpose against women. Even Ms Monday, he didn't use his blades on her.

He wasn't playing around with Apoo, Apoo is simply that strong. Zoro was reserving his higher end stuff for the roof.

He literally walked away from Nami's sister when she wanted to talk about Nami's flashback. He could not give two shits about her story. He only operates in the current time.
Except he does. He knows about Vivi's situation which is why he punched her, he made Momo stand up for himself because he knows his situation, he listens to Rebecca and Shirahoshi, and Noland's backstory is his entire motivation for the end of Skypiea.

People misinterpret Luffy walking away Nojiko as him not wanting to know about people's backstory when he already knew Nami's backstory. In Orange Town he understood what happened to Nami and even told her she didn't need to tell him anything. He knew she lost someone because of pirates and that's all he needed to know. He didn't need to hear Nami's backstory because there was nothing Nojiko could tell him that he didn't already need to know. Nami needed help and there was nothing else he needed to know

His change from a flashback and adulthood could be touched up on, but the consistency with his actions throughout the current timeline of the series is there.
Wait do you seriously believe Zoro is actually racist then?? Because miss Monday is still there as a pretty big outlier even if you only take Zoro's portrayal as an adult into account.

In any case, Oda usually shows those big moments of the SHs' childhood as important to their adult world views and commitments. In a story about people pursuing and ultimately achieving crazy dreams it would be really weird for the author to make Zoro grow up into an adult that would have told Kuina to give up on her goal... the fact that we didn't even get to see that development makes it even more weird.

Last edited:

ZenZu

Except he does. He knows about Vivi's situation which is why he punched her, he made Momo stand up for himself because he knows his situation, he listens to Rebecca and Shirahoshi, and Noland's backstory is his entire motivation for the end of Skypiea.

People misinterpret Luffy walking away Nojiko as him not wanting to know about people's backstory when he already knew Nami's backstory. In Orange Town he understood what happened to Nami and even told her she didn't need to tell him anything. He knew she lost someone because of pirates and that's all he needed to know. He didn't need to hear Nami's backstory because there was nothing Nojiko could tell him that he didn't already need to know. Nami needed help and there was nothing else he needed to know
It just took you two paragraphs to get to the same conclusion and say the same thing.
Post automatically merged:

Wait do you seriously believe Zoro is actually racist then?? Because miss Monday is still there as a pretty big outlier even if you only take Zoro's portrayal as an adult into account.
Tbf he went easy on her, he didn't actually cut her down with his blade like he would have to any fodder man. Also there was a bit of racism at play as well, or atleast pretty privilege, because if that were a fragile looking women I doubt he would be doing even that.

Also there was a bit of racism at play as well, or atleast pretty privilege, because if that were a fragile looking women I doubt he would be doing even that.
Always took that as more of a Oda thing tbh. I don't think he would like to explicitly show his male protagonists beating up "pretty" or, as you said, fragile looking women.

If you look at it from a "in-character" perspective though, I also doubt he is genuinely trying to depict Zoro as someone who would treat women differently simply because of their looks.

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
-All of WCI. The biggest dick on the SHs is now the nicest guy in the world. The guy who was there when Luffy saved Robin all of a sudden thinks Luffy would just leave him if he puts on the same shitty act Robin did.
this is what ruined WCI for me even though the arc overall was amazing, Sanji being the reason for it all and the way it turned out was so pathetic I would've enjoyed if he went and told em to fuck off then got captured. He's lucky Zoro wasn't there to cut him to pieces for going against Luffy the way he did.

ZenZu

Zoro being mad at Enel for hurting Robin because she was a woman. Like really damn weird for Zoro to put such an emphasis on Robin's sex being the factor as to why it wasn't ok for what Enel has done to her.
It's not weird if you notice how he handles women throughout the story.

Sanji
That's why OP sucks ass, Oda threw Sanjis entire character under the bus just to make condom look better... Condom and Kuri were the only winners from that arc

The more I think about the discrepancy between pre and post TS Sanji, the more I hate Oda

Man killed one of the slickest character just for gags, portraying his own hidden okama side during the skip and stupid levels of condom wank

Zoro
  • Had a ball to announce to behead Kaido, but then decide to give up

He never said he said he was going to cut him and he did
The samurai stuff?well maybe but we didn't see franky antikaido's weapon or luffy defeating kaido and meme as he promised
His family lineage tease or ryuma's grave was most oda's fault tbh
the robin enel stuff because zoro has never been like that he always been respectfull with both sexs heck his rival was a woman also as many people expected last week getting lost while kaku fought two seraphims (wich we don't know what happened yet) zoro's gaf of getting lost never happen in action/fight situations
It's not weird if you notice how he handles women throughout the story.
That's not true he is the only one who defended vivi and call her strong woman except the robin enel situation the handled bad woman is a lie that the fandom says