Character Discussion What is Yamato's Devil Fruit?

What's Yamato's Devil Fruit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Inari can be seen as a kindly and beautiful maiden goddess.

They can be a powerful craftsman with a hammer.

They can be an androgynous bodhisattva

a withered old man

or even a fox.

Post automatically merged:

it literally says "ushi ushi no mi: model kirin" but with furigana telling you to pronounce "kirin" as "jirafu"/"giraffe"

only just now understanding that yamato is dressed like an inari shrine maiden with sideboob and a sumo yokozuna style sacred rope shimenawa around her waist, which means she's a vessel for the kami.
The think that your arguments are really good. The only reason I doubt it is because Catarina already has the Kitsune fruit, the one Inari is supposed to be combined with according to your theory.

turns out kaku had the Kirin fruit the whole time, it just has furigana on it saying you pronounce "Qilin" as "Jirafu" or "Giraffe". I wonder if he awakens it, will it become the mythical qilin? Is CP-O kaku even crazier than before?

this makes me dig in deeper on Inari-Okami for Yamato.
A Giraffe is literally called Kirin in Japanese tho.

Last edited:
Most interesting idea I’ve seen for this is that everyone is barking up the wrong tree entirely and Yamato has some sort of Paramecia.

Really, how much do we know about Special Paramethia’s? Katakuri has one that makes him almost a Logia, can there be one that makes a user almost a Zoan? Do they all need to be exactly like Katakuri’s?

Also on the same track, is Luffy’s fruit actually one and that’s why the World Gov and Shanks fought over it?

Probably not, but would be an interesting twist

Most interesting idea I’ve seen for this is that everyone is barking up the wrong tree entirely and Yamato has some sort of Paramecia.

Really, how much do we know about Special Paramethia’s? Katakuri has one that makes him almost a Logia, can there be one that makes a user almost a Zoan? Do they all need to be exactly like Katakuri’s?

I've suggested on Reddit that Yamato could have the Moon Moon fruit that results in a werewolf/Sulong-type transformation. It would also be fitting that Kaido would want it given the Wano noble families all have the kanji for moon in their names, as well as the possible connection between the moon and Joyboy.

Also on the same track, is Luffy’s fruit actually one and that’s why the World Gov and Shanks fought over it?

It would be a twist, but is there any actual evidence to suggest that this could happen?