Character Discussion What is Yamato's Devil Fruit?

What's Yamato's Devil Fruit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Does Yamato have a devil fruit? It would make some sense for Kaido to feed her one, considering his dream is for an entire crew of zoan users and he has high expectations of Yamato despite her Oden obsession.

If she does already have a devil fruit, will it be an ancient zoan or a mythical zoan? It’s tough cause IMO mythical zoans won’t be handed out that easily and Oda is loving his Ancient Zoans. I can definitely see Yamato rocking a Tyrannosaurs Rex ancient zoan off how massive that animal is in pop culture.

If she already has a mythical zoan, I’m not sure what that means. I doubt it’s another dragon zoan.

There’s also always the chance she has no zoan fruit or any devil fruit—that she’ll eat one this arc. The Yamata no Orochi fruit somewhat fits her and Orochi is “dead”. We’d see Yamato fully utilize that devil fruit. It would just be a little weird to eat her current enemies fruit though. Speaking of that...

it’s very possible Yamato eats the snow snow fruit, that Monet had. Given the oranges in Thousand Sunny and the theories of the fruit being on the ship, it wouldn’t surprise me. The crew hasn’t had a logia yet. Likewise she has a history with Ace and would effectively be eating the cold themed equivalent of his devil fruit.

she could also never get a devil fruit. What do you guys think?

G

Gorosei Informer

I figured Kaido might have also killed Orochi so he can give his Zoan to Yamato and thus not only have such a powerful Zoan being used by someone more powerful and competent but also his daughter will finally be a Zoan user too.

This is all assuming she doesn't have one already or another type of DF at least ofc. I like the idea of the T-Rex fruit for her or maybe the Snow fruit, but I don't see her getting the Snow fruit as much as I like the idea.

I'd prefer to see more Mythical Zoans personally, I love the idea of a White Tiger (or at least a Tiger) Zoan which would be hilariously ironic given what Kaido is and thematically fitting too:
https://www.yokaistreet.com/byakko-the-tiger-yokai/
Kaido is even specifically an "Azure Dragon" which makes this even better:
https://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends-asia/four-mythological-symbols-china-001792
Diving even deeper into this, I noticed this from this website too:
https://feng-shui.lovetoknow.com/Tiger_and_Dragon_Ying_Yang

Even though Zoro and Fujitora both have tiger symbolism (and at least Zoro will factor into this vs Kaido too most likely), I think Yamato will be a tiger at least symbolically and repesent the opposite/contrast to Kaido's Yang, the Yin to his Yang.

Even though I'm not fond of Yamato, I am curious to see where Oda goes with her symbolically/thematically or whatever. Especially in regards to Kaido ofc. I'm also adamant that she will have a DF, whether she already has one or is yet to get one but she will have a DF in future at least. It's just which one though.

:choppawhat:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
If Toki's Fruit is somewhere in Wano, Yamato getting it would be cool.
Seeing how it could be used in combat "jumping" a few seconds back and fourth to attack and catch someone off guard would be neat.
I like this, actually...but it’s a little too on the nose when you think about the Oden cosplay. If she keeps proclaiming her identity as a Kozuki, it’s only gonna increase Seth’s vitriol if she consumes the DF of her idol’s wife. Definitely wanna see the fruit come back into play somehow, and maybe it’ll be more poignant if she has that one instead of the one previously eaten by the tiny tyrant her dad just killed, I just don’t wanna give the haters any more ammo than they already have.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
On a serious note for once ( I still hate this bitch ).

Despite Kaido beating her, I think he still has this father ish twist to his character.

By this I mean he could've bought the strongest Logia/Zoan/Paramecia that was available at the black market for her.

No. People during this raid have been using their df casually, she didn't show any hint of her having a df.
I'm not 100% sure though.

If she doesn't have one I think she won't get one. Too late in the story for that, only way for it to happen is for her to join the crew so that Oda can focus on her developing her powers.