Current Events What is your take on Oda having Luffy Sky splitting with Kaido?

I don't see much of a parallel bar than with Roger, decidedly not Ryuma or someone else I guess, but that's as obvious as it looks.

I think it was handled rather ok though I would have preferred if the clash happened while Luffy stood in G4 but I can see why Oda chose this way, in that Blackbeard will "suck" him of his DF powers and the CoC clash will likely still occur.
This has happened Four times between Roger and Whitebeard, Big mom and Kaido, Shanks and Whitebeard and Kaido and Luffy

and that the only thing you believe Oda is trying to convey with this is “it’s looks ok”

he just likes the visual and there’s no other reason these four scenarios occurred

Rushed and misplaced, should have happened vs Blackbeard.
Completely failed to bring the hype that it was supposed to bring.
Seems like Oda decided to stuff Luffy with everything this arc.
I would be surprised if he keeps his fingers away from Awakening.
You haven’t answered though since you think Oda is going for… You are saying Oda has made a mistake… Okay… What’s the mistake? What is Oda doing here exactly that he shouldn’t be doing?

Last edited:
It should be a sign that Luffy begins to step on the realm of the very strongest. But the portrayal of power, the build-up in panels, reaction of other warriors, is subpar compared to other instances especially WB vs Shanks.

This is due to:

- Luffy defeated in oneshot at the first match against Kaidou, and then defeated again and fell from Onigashima. So it feels asspullish. The depiction of power progression is dragging, not efficient. If Oda wanna depict Luffy being this strong since this moment, Oda should make it gradual and set a higher base of Luffy's powerlevel from the start in order to make 1026 feels earned.

- Oda didnt portray how Luffy's mental and internal effort to achieve this. Even early Toriko received much better internal process than this by mental image of Toriko meeting the demons, HxH chars also got better internal depiction. Oda should show Luffy's creative mind process, like him walking inside his own mind and found some personification of his haki or devil fruit or find a metaphor to his powers appearing as swirling branches of energy he can manipulate and apply to his body, or as a fantasy river which he previously can only drink a little bit of it but then he found a way to bathe in the river along his realization of figuring out, etc

- the reaction from others are also subpar. No one fainted, no one portrays the strength just like how Marco and Jozu commenting on Shanks (Marco and Yamato should comment about this clash instead, explaining their powerlevel clash had reached levels beyond what Marco and Yamato can imagine, from her-him and the rest. Reminding Marco of Red-Hair and making Yamato also asked about Red Hair's power and story, a prelude to Shanks-BB arc), Zoro-Sanji-King-Queen should recognize the powerlevel explosion and hype both Luffy and Kaidou up. "Your little captain made WSC serious? He's an impossible threat now. I should finish you right now and ambush him or else he may do something unprecedented" or something.

- the narrative significance are subpar. If there are flashbacks containing the significance of Conqueror Haki users in the past or some bigshot noticing AdvCoC clash like Imu noticing that a new conqueror had hatched from its cocoons, linking Sky-Splitters with Joy Boy and Inherited Will and Joy Boy and Lost History, it'll have more weight

Last edited:
Just because Luffy can match Kaido in power for an instant doesn't mean he can actually beat him at his current state.
Big Mom also split the sky with Kaido and fought with him for 10 days straight which only ended up in a draw.
I don't think Luffy has the endurance or the time to be fighting Kaido for 10 whole days only to tie with him.
Luffy needs to beat Kaido before Onigashima crashes into the Flower Capitol so his time is very limited.
Luffy will probably need to develop a Gear 5th to be able to beat Kaido at a quicker amount of time.
Gear 5th will likely be heavily demanding and taxing on his body and will need Marco constantly to heal him while in this new form.

Last edited:
"Rushed and misplaced, should have happened vs Blackbeard."
So what was Oda’s intention doing it here?
Post automatically merged:

Just because Luffy can match Kaido in power for an instant
@Go D. Trussop Whitebeard and Shanks also only clashed for an instant… Are you saying they aren’t relative in power just because we only saw a brief clash and a Sky split?

One has strength X for a minute, and one has strength X for several hours isnt the same.

But the underdog can win with a proper supportively circumstances / plot. So, the winner isnt always the stronger.

Its purpose is just to show that Luffy isnt the newcomer 5th emperor on the joke, he is real EoW.

- luffy vs Croc, Croc said "i am shichibukai level"
- luffy vs Doffy, Doffy said "he is just pirate"
- luffy vs katakuri, "I dont think you are below me"
- luffy vs Kaido,......... The same think is too boring, well for teenager target marketer isnt actually.