Questions & Mysteries What scene was sadder? Ace's death or Corazon's?

Which scene was more sad?

• Ace's death

• Corazon's Death

Results are only viewable after voting.
Idk why I never gave a fuck about corazon. I never really cared about the death of people who betrayed their family or clan. I don't like itachi either. Not that I think corazon was wrong, I actually value his effort but I wasn't moved by his death.

This is your reality?
Ah, now I get it. You're working under the World Goverment, right? A Marine, perhaps?
Alright, alright, yes, you are absolutely right, sir.
Admiral Ryokugyu finished the job, King is absolutely dead. No need for you to worry, you have enough other fronts to battle now. The Beasts Pirates are no more, you can leave Wano alone.

*muttering under my breath* What wouldn't I say to defend him.
King is currently suffering in hell for his sins in Wano. Ironic and fitting end for that torture loving freak. Now he will be forgotten once Seraphim steal his thunder
Post automatically merged:

Idk why I never gave a fuck about corazon. I never really cared about the death of people who betrayed their family or clan. I don't like itachi either. Not that I think corazon was wrong, I actually value his effort but I wasn't moved by his death.
I’m the same way. I fucking hate Itachi. We are a rare breed.

inb4 “hurr durr u don’t understand his sacrifice” - every itachi fanboys go to when they find out he isn’t one of your favorite characters.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Ace - dies out of pure selfish reasons after witnessing people thrown down his lives for him

Corazon - dies out of pure love for Law no question asked, no regrets

And people still find Aces death sadder, the hell

Ace - dies out of pure selfish reasons after witnessing people thrown down his lives for him

Corazon - dies out of pure love for Law no question asked, no regrets

And people still find Aces death sadder, the hell
How the FUCK is he selfish? He died because he purposefully accepted a magma fist that was very likely to kill Luffy if he hadn't intercepted. That is the one of the most selfless moments in the entire series. He could have just left Luffy there and let him die

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
How the FUCK is he selfish? He died because he purposefully accepted a magma fist that was very likely to kill Luffy if he hadn't intercepted. That is the one of the most selfless moments in the entire series. He could have just left Luffy there and let him die
Ace watched for hours how people are dying for him. For him to live.

And when finally he gets a chance to escape, to fulfil the sacrifice of all those people that laid down their lives - what does Ace do?

He fucking turns back to face Akainu that talked some shit about WB

And when finally he gets a chance to escape, to fulfil the sacrifice of all those people that laid down their lives - what does Ace do?

Him trying to fight Akainu didn't get him killed though, it was him blocking the punch.

Would the outcome have been any different had Ace not turned back to fight Akainu?

Luffy was at the end of his rope. Ace clashing with Akainu for a minute doesn't change the fact that Luffy became unable to move, and would have become a sitting duck either way.

So I am not really sure what Ace clashing with Akainu has to do with anything pertaining to him dying, when Akainu didn't kill Ace during their clash.

Last edited:
Hmmm people rag and disparage Ace all the time (donut memes) but also claim his death was sad??? Because Luffy cried loudly? Who among those people remember Ace fondly and miss him and wish he was still alive?

Ace was one of my favorites pre time skip and I was in denial about his death for a long time. At least he died with a smile.

The thought of Corazón holding on in silence for as long as possible so Law’s cries wouldn’t give him away and then dying covered is snow is pretty tragic, though.
They are both pretty sad, though.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Luffy crying did absolutely nothing for me and still doesn't do a thing for me, I never understood this angle. When I first witnessed Ace's death I didn't think it was all that sad, but I feel like I was a bit immature at the time. On rewatch/reread Ace's final words where he's simply thanking everyone for loving him got to me, as an adult you come to appreciate little things like that in life. It's sad to see someone so young having to accept their life is over, and only when their life is stripped from them is when they fully realize they were loved. It's such a basic thing every child/person should receive in this world, as they didn't ask to be born. Ace being so grateful for that is heartwarming but also sad af man.

I have to give dressrosa a reread, I have never revisited that arc so I can't speak on Corazon's moment like that. The whole silence thing was amazing though.

Both deaths are really sad sacrifices TBH, though Ace's might sting a bit more since he and Luffy arguably had more chemistry than Law and Corazon, and Ace was throwing away his reputation and all the hope people had for him being Pirate King.