What series are you watching ?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
@Jew D. Boy @Jaguark101
I'll be blunt - Season 9 is (so far) the worst season

Episodes I consider funny/somewhat enjoyable were the Gun Fever one, Quarantine, Timeshare, amd the Lethal Weapon one (but only due to the actual Lethal Weapon scenes).

Idk what the concensus on this season is tbh, but then again, this is just my subjective opinion.

Even the episodes that were funny were reused concepts from before like the Gun fever episode and the Lethal Weapon one. "The Gang Squashes Their Beefs" also felt like a "look, remember all these guys" attempt at getting a few laughs. And if not for the McPoyle eye thing, it would've been awful.

I hope season 10 brings back my enjoyment of the series
@Jew D. Boy @Jaguark101
I thought season 9 was bad... Idk about you guys, but Season 10 felt like it was phoned in in all aspects - writing, directing, acting.

The only passable episodes I would highlight are the Family Fight and the Gang Misses the Boat.

The only reason I'm looking forward to Season 11 is the Ponderosa-McPoyle trial. I've been looking forward to that for a long time now
I’m not gonna lie, man..if you thought these two seasons were weak, you’re not gonna feel any better about the ones after them…I do see what you’re saying, but I think 9 and 10 are the end of the peak, not the beginning of the decline. If anything, 11 was the first time I felt them flagging, and while 12-15 have solid episodes, it wasn’t until 16 this year where they regained their passion and put out the closest thing possible to their best work. The Gang Tries Desperately To Win An Award in 9 and The Gang Beats Boggs in 10 are still in my top 5 all time and I can only think of one episode each season (Lethal Weapon 6 in 9, which you may not have seen depending on if you’re using Hulu in America, and the spy/cream pie one in 10) that didn’t do something for me. I say stick with it just to see if anything in the next five seasons jumps out and tickles you the way earlier entries did, but I would forgive you if this stretch killed your enthusiasm :josad:

@Jew D. Boy @Jaguark101
Finished Season 11 the other day:
In an otherwise mediocre season, the one episode that more than made up for it was the Trial of the Century!

All my favorite degenerates were at one place at the same time: Jew D Lawyer, Jack "Big Hands" Kelly, the gang, most of the McPoyle clan, and on top of them all there was Pondy, too!
All Star line up!

The last two episodes (or rather the two parter) had it's good moments - chief of which was Dennis stalking that poor girl - so I'll consider it a good finale.

Without the trial: 5/10
With Uncle Jack's strong, masculine hands: 9/10

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
@Jew D. Boy @Jaguark101
Finished Season 11 the other day:
In an otherwise mediocre season, the one episode that more than made up for it was the Trial of the Century!

All my favorite degenerates were at one place at the same time: Jew D Lawyer, Jack "Big Hands" Kelly, the gang, most of the McPoyle clan, and on top of them all there was Pondy, too!
All Star line up!

The last two episodes (or rather the two parter) had it's good moments - chief of which was Dennis stalking that poor girl - so I'll consider it a good finale.

Without the trial: 5/10
With Uncle Jack's strong, masculine hands: 9/10
My guy, you and I are definitely simpatico on this one! I liked Frank Falls Out The Window a lot, the run of Mac and Dennis Move To The Suburbs-Being Frank-Trial Of The Century is fantastic to me, and the second part of Goes To Hell REALLY fuckin’ makes me feel some kind of way (I will cop to getting teary eyed when they all hold hands underwater…these monstrous bastards being ready to die together is the sweetest moment in the show, before or since), but the rest of the season is rough, each of those have a few good lines but mostly suck. Best thing the art/smut episode did was give us Ongo Gablogian, Chardee MacDennis II was predictably lesser than the sum of the original’s parts, my fiancée refuses to watch the skiing episode for how unbelievably (and intentionally) cringe it is, Charlie Catches a Leprechaun is only funny when they’re showing that, and the first part of Goes To Hell is a middling setup for a much better second half. I hope you like 12, one of them is top five in the whole series for me and the others are all pretty solid :goyea:

G

Gorosei Informer

Started Black Lagoon, not bad, I like Revy a lot already, as I expected I would.

I saw a scene with Balalaika and some certain twins a long time ago and that helped sell me on the series before too. Finally stopped being lazy and got around to watching it now, just like with Bebop lmao.

I'm surprised we've not had a live action of Black Lagoon shoved in our faces yet...

:nicagesmile::emohiyo::brootea::risiup:

Started Black Lagoon, not bad, I like Revy a lot already, as I expected I would.

I saw a scene with Balalaika and some certain twins a long time ago and that helped sell me on the series before too. Finally stopped being lazy and got around to watching it now, just like with Bebop lmao.

I'm surprised we've not had a live action of Black Lagoon shoved in our faces yet...

:nicagesmile::emohiyo::brootea::risiup:
Black Lagoon is scary good! It's kind of too gorey at times, but expectedly so, given the lawless setting. Revy kicks ass! I think the series in on hiatus, and I mostly read it rather than watched it, but I hope the anime does the manga justice.