What series are you watching ?

Kinda surprised you weren’t at least a little impressed, I really liked that season from the Old Lady House to the Valentine’s Day bazooka…fascinating choice with A Cricket’s Tale, I know A LOT of fans who say it’s the worst of the SERIES (I do not feel this strongly but would not rank it top 10/20/50/100), and I can’t believe you didn’t like Hero Or Hate Crime (easily top 5 for me) if only for the Asspounder 4000: Never Stop Pumping!! :getnappaed:

As far as the HD thing, I get what you’re saying; I like seeing them in full clarity, but season 5 felt like the visual sweet spot and I’m also not sure why :choppawhat:
Post automatically merged:

Case in point, I have never heard anyone before NIP say anything positive about that one…but you gotta admit, seeing the twist at the end for the first time was a pretty good (and series-appropriately depraved) reveal :risicheck:
I feel like I didn't "properly" watch this season - the first 6ish episodes took me nearly a month to watch. By the time I finished the season I could barely remember what had happened.

Cricket's Tale wasn't amazing by any stretch of the imagination. Hell, the twist could be seen from a mile away if you just listen to Bell's dialogue.
But since I completely forgot Old Lady House was in this season, I had to pick it as my favorite remembered episode.

Now I'll probably wait until my schedule clears enough so that I can properly binge the next season

I love the water park episode, and I wish SO badly that they’d bring Abby back, she was an incredible foil for Dennis and would be phenomenal as his nemesis :ultimoji:
Abby is probably old enough to work at Paddy’s. It would be cool to see what they do with her.

I feel like I didn't "properly" watch this season - the first 6ish episodes took me nearly a month to watch. By the time I finished the season I could barely remember what had happened.

Cricket's Tale wasn't amazing by any stretch of the imagination. Hell, the twist could be seen from a mile away if you just listen to Bell's dialogue.
But since I completely forgot Old Lady House was in this season, I had to pick it as my favorite remembered episode.

Now I'll probably wait until my schedule clears enough so that I can properly binge the next season
Any episode with Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Mac is a winner!

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

You’re absolutely right, I just didn’t follow the signs the first time through and it killed me when they revealed who she really was…also, I think season 13 is a dud overall (I would go so far as to say it’s easily my least favorite season of the show), so you should definitely watch it in whatever way works best for you, because even at its best, it’s clearly post-peak Sunny :josad:
Abby is probably old enough to work at Paddy’s. It would be cool to see what they do with her.

Any episode with Mrs. Kelly and Mrs. Mac is a winner!
Have you seen the latest season?? The moms are in it a lot more than they’ve shown up lately, including major roles in what I believe to be the best single episode in the last five seasons :luffydab:

You’re absolutely right, I just didn’t follow the signs the first time through and it killed me when they revealed who she really was…also, I think season 13 is a dud overall (I would go so far as to say it’s easily my least favorite season of the show), so you should definitely watch it in whatever way works best for you, because even at its best, it’s clearly post-peak Sunny :josad:

Have you seen the latest season?? The moms are in it a lot more than they’ve shown up lately, including major roles in what I believe to be the best single episode in the last five seasons :luffydab:
Yes I have seen the latest season and was pleasantly surprised! I was also happy to see the McPoyles again!

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
@Jaguark101 @bennbeckman @NikaInParis @Hanners220 Upon much, MUCH consideration, I have finally decided on my least favorite episode of Sunny…it’s not the Liberty Bell one…it’s not Frank’s Brother…and it’s not Cricket’s Tale…it’s the ski trip episode; I understand it’s a pastiche like any other that they’ve done, but by virtue of working in the confines of a specific kind of “comedy,” every bit is grosser than the last only for the sake of escalating and none of them really land for me. If not for the jam-packed soundtrack, I’d probably skip it (even though I literally just watched it on the tail end of yet another series binge) :risicheck:

@Jaguark101 @bennbeckman @NikaInParis @Hanners220 Upon much, MUCH consideration, I have finally decided on my least favorite episode of Sunny…it’s not the Liberty Bell one…it’s not Frank’s Brother…and it’s not Cricket’s Tale…it’s the ski trip episode; I understand it’s a pastiche like any other that they’ve done, but by virtue of working in the confines of a specific kind of “comedy,” every bit is grosser than the last only for the sake of escalating and none of them really land for me. If not for the jam-packed soundtrack, I’d probably skip it (even though I literally just watched it on the tail end of yet another series binge) :risicheck:
Solid choices

My top 3 are Kitten Mittens, Nightman Cometh, and Time's up for the Gang

It was so bad I didn't even finish it.
And dammit man, season 13 is making it really hard to continue watching this show. I feel like that kid from A Suite Life of Zack and Cody that couldn't laugh because of botox in his face...except I don't have any botox in my damn face

I'm currently binging young sheldon

Better than big bang theory but in the grand scheme of sitcoms low tier compared to the others
Big bang theory is just Friends rehashed it was good untill season 4-5 later they bought Amy and Bernadette and ruined the show with everyone settling down and getting married .

Only Sheldon has been savior of this show .Its good Jim Parson decided to stop it he knew jokes were too generic and boring .

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
It was so bad I didn't even finish it.
And dammit man, season 13 is making it really hard to continue watching this show. I feel like that kid from A Suite Life of Zack and Cody that couldn't laugh because of botox in his face...except I don't have any botox in my damn face
Season 13 is a dud, low point for the series from start to finish…but I promise it’s all worth sticking around for, the Time’s Up and bathroom episodes are vintage Sunny even if the rest feel like bombs. 14 is a lot better, 15 is all right, and 16 is easily their best work in years, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel :neesama:

Solid choices

My top 3 are Kitten Mittens, Nightman Cometh, and Time's up for the Gang
Read it again, buddy :ultimoji:

Season 13 is a dud, low point for the series from start to finish…but I promise it’s all worth sticking around for, the Time’s Up and bathroom episodes are vintage Sunny even if the rest feel like bombs. 14 is a lot better, 15 is all right, and 16 is easily their best work in years, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel :neesama:

Read it again, buddy :ultimoji:
Oh I'll push through it alright, but I'll need all the Fight Milk I can get my hands on.

Fight Milk! CAW!

@Jew D. Boy and @NikaInParis

Glenn Howerton was shooting AP Bio during season 13, so there was a clear lack of Dennis that season. I haven’t seen AP Bio yet, but I did love The Mick starring Kaitlin Olson. It deserved more seasons!

My least favorite episode of season 13 is Charlie Home Alone. The later seasons definitely don’t have the same energy as the earlier ones. When I watch the recent series I laugh because the gang is older now and they are still so pathetic and delusional!

Glenn Howerton was shooting AP Bio during season 13, so there was a clear lack of Dennis that season. I haven’t seen AP Bio yet, but I did love The Mick starring Kaitlin Olson. It deserved more seasons!

My least favorite episode of season 13 is Charlie Home Alone. The later seasons definitely don’t have the same energy as the earlier ones. When I watch the recent series I laugh because the gang is older now and they are still so pathetic and delusional!
It's my firstbwatch through so I'm unfamiliar with everything past Season 13 Episode 2.

But having said that, I already mentioned that there was a noticable switch that came with the HD cameras. And judging from the first two episodes of 13, it seems there will be a lot more cameos going forward. And honestly, I'm not such a big fan of one episode-one cameo.

In Episode 1 of Season 13 Mindy Kaling had a guest role and I found her painfully uncharismatic.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Oh I'll push through it alright, but I'll need all the Fight Milk I can get my hands on.

Fight Milk! CAW!
MADE FRESH! BY BODYGUARDS…AND CHARLIE - WHAT UP!! :getnappaed:

Oh, believe me, I knew why he wasn’t around…would have been fine with it if that show was any good like The Mick, but it absolutely sucked and ruined an entire season of a much funnier sitcom merely by existing :josad:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
My big problem with the Sunny-adjacent shows (The Mick, AP Bio, and Mythic Quest) is that Kaitlin, Glenn, and Rob are just playing slightly more upright versions of their IASIP characters…but it only works in The Mick, the jokes land better and the supporting cast is also stronger than the other two. AP Bio suffers from lackluster writing, and I REALLY get sick of Mythic Quest roughly ten minutes into any episode because it’s SO preachy and clearly trying to play to the SJWs (I’m more progressive than anyone else I know and even I think it’s too heavy handed), they’re just not well done and I hate seeing my favorite people slumming so hard by choice :emohiyo:

My big problem with the Sunny-adjacent shows (The Mick, AP Bio, and Mythic Quest) is that Kaitlin, Glenn, and Rob are just playing slightly more upright versions of their IASIP characters…but it only works in The Mick, the jokes land better and the supporting cast is also stronger than the other two. AP Bio suffers from lackluster writing, and I REALLY get sick of Mythic Quest roughly ten minutes into any episode because it’s SO preachy and clearly trying to play to the SJWs (I’m more progressive than anyone else I know and even I think it’s too heavy handed), they’re just not well done and I hate seeing my favorite people slumming so hard by choice :emohiyo:
Those shows must blow big time because this is honestly the first time I even heard about them.:usoprice:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Those shows must blow big time because this is honestly the first time I even heard about them.:usoprice:
They are (MQ) and were (APB) distinctly bad, so I’m not surprised…but just like Hanners, I would recommend watching The Mick; it’s only two seasons, there are a lot more behind-the-scenes Sunny people so the humor is mostly intact, and Kaitlin is just phenomenal playing against anyone (she’s also great in Hacks as a supporting character), it’s easily the best of a bad batch! :finally: