What was the last movie you watched?

Akai2

๐Ÿ†‰๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…บ!
โ€Ž
Finally got around to watching One Piece Stampede in full. Thanks COVID umm I mean weekend :yasu:

The movie should be called One Piece Fanservice. It's a celebration of 20 years of world building and character interactions. It felt like a fanfic version of the final arc.

This is the best One Piece has ever looked in anime form. Toei delivered beyond expectation on direction, art and animation especially the Bullet vs Supernovas and Zoro vs Fujitora scenes. Absolute eye candy.

The last scene with Ace's hologram sending Luffy off with Sabo was unexpected and a beautiful highlight.

Main plot and main villain characterization were pushed to the side in favor of cramming as much badass action sequences and nostalgic character interactions as possible. So I wouldn't necessarily recommend this movie for someone who has never seen OP before since it's a love letter to long term fans rather than an accurate representation of what the series is all about.

Amid the eye candy and action explosions, Usopp and Luffy's character moments stole the show for me. Regardless of how flashy the series gets scale-wise those little character moments will always shine through.

Must watch if you're a long time OP fan.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
โ€Ž
Finally got around to watching One Piece Stampede in full. Thanks COVID umm I mean weekend :yasu:

The movie should be called One Piece Fanservice. It's a celebration of 20 years of world building and character interactions. It felt like a fanfic version of the final arc.

This is the best One Piece has ever looked in anime form. Toei delivered beyond expectation on direction, art and animation especially the Bullet vs Supernovas and Zoro vs Fujitora scenes. Absolute eye candy.

The last scene with Ace's hologram sending Luffy off with Sabo was unexpected and a beautiful highlight.

Main plot and main villain characterization were pushed to the side in favor of cramming as much badass action sequences and nostalgic character interactions as possible. So I wouldn't necessarily recommend this movie for someone who has never seen OP before since it's a love letter to long term fans rather than an accurate representation of what the series is all about.

Amid the eye candy and action explosions, Usopp and Luffy's character moments stole the show for me. Regardless of how flashy the series gets scale-wise those little character moments will always shine through.

So the virus got your country as well mate, sorry to hear so.

Here in Italy I will be forced to stay absolutely at home for an indefinite time.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
โ€Ž
I am a Hero - 7.5/10

I really liked the way the zombies are portrayed in this movie. Itโ€™s interesting and fresh to see that these zombies still have little recollections of their past but act like shells of their former self. The movie started off really solid, especially when the first zombie was introduced, it was creepy af. But the ending went a bit downhill. The female leads were really under utilized, especially the zombie girl. I thought she would of had a more important role in the plot but she became a damsel in distress in a way. While I would like to see her play a bigger role, I think itโ€™s also interesting that the director let her take a backseat in the movie. It goes with the character progression of Hideo since he started off relying on the Zombie girl to save him while in the end, he saved her without other peopleโ€™s help.

Overall, I liked it! Some parts were slow but the movie was enjoyable and quite memorable

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
โ€Ž

Howโ€™d you watch it? Got a lotta time on my hands right now, and I think itโ€™s the perfect opportunity to peep this particular piece of game.

Akai2

๐Ÿ†‰๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…บ!
โ€Ž
Howโ€™d you watch it? Got a lotta time on my hands right now, and I think itโ€™s the perfect opportunity to peep this particular piece of game.
It was made available in dub and sub on itunes a couple of weeks ago. But it's not available in the Canadian itunes (where i'm stuck at the moment :feelscryingman:)

So I looked up other options and I found a fan sub that was really good. But it was 7 GBs! I don't know I'm sure the forum rules won't allow me to post it here, so if you want me to DM u the fansubbed link instead of watching it on itunes lemme know I'll DM ya

Re-watched Paprika for the first time in many years.

The medium of animation allowed the creators to artistically explore the idea to a further extent than Inception.

The story is extremely engaging from an entertainment perspective, but the core message doesn't resonate with me as well nowadays that I've reached conclusions on the concepts of consciousness, reality and so forth.

The art, animation and character designs are gorgeous, vibrant and colorful.

Overall great experience.
Kon really was a master of interesting shots and editing, this video sums it up pretty well

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
I am a Hero - 7.5/10

I really liked the way the zombies are portrayed in this movie. Itโ€™s interesting and fresh to see that these zombies still have little recollections of their past but act like shells of their former self. The movie started off really solid, especially when the first zombie was introduced, it was creepy af. But the ending went a bit downhill. The female leads were really under utilized, especially the zombie girl. I thought she would of had a more important role in the plot but she became a damsel in distress in a way. While I would like to see her play a bigger role, I think itโ€™s also interesting that the director let her take a backseat in the movie. It goes with the character progression of Hideo since he started off relying on the Zombie girl to save him while in the end, he saved her without other peopleโ€™s help.

Overall, I liked it! Some parts were slow but the movie was enjoyable and quite memorable
My biggest issue is the ending turns into a shoot'em, gun glory film. I'd of rather had something more fitting for the film tonally. Felt like they were worried the audience would get bored, so they packed in cliche humor and action.

Definitely a good film though.
If you like movies or tv series with medieval/ancient settings, then I would recommend it for you.

This series itself is far from perfect and there are a lot of points that could be made better. But overall, it's quite enjoyable.
Medieval Zombies got my attention. Tell me more.

If you guys like innovative zombie movies, try this one out, https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/one_cut_of_the_dead
Itยดs very low budget, but they are very creative, i think it grossed 1000 times its budget (somewhere along of 25.000 to 25 million dollars).

Watched 1917, it was ok to good, some shots were extraordinary, some seemed too gimmicky + pretty historically inaccurate.
Should be seen once, but nothing to really remember, happy that Parasite actually won Best Picture, this canยดt hold a candle to it.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
The Hills have Eyes (2006) | 3.5/10

Decent acting at the beginning.
Pretty by the books plot.
Gore wasn't the worst.

But all around uninteresting and frustrating (par the course of "slasher" movies) when it came to the action and violence. The drawn out Pre-Rape scene was uncomfortable as Hell and didn't really advance the plot. Not like we needed an extra reminder that the cannibals who are trying to murder and eat you are, in fact, bad.

Which is something the movie actually tries to say isn't the case. They say that the protagonists (random, normal Americans) are as bad because in the 50s/60s, the Government did Nuclear testing in the cannibals home area, mutating them. So... They're morally justified...? That's maybe the idea floated across? They're just acting based on their own circumstances?

Fuck dude, you could probably get some sweet ass government money for your deformities. Don't eat people. Christ.