What was the last movie you watched?

Mars Attacks ! from Tim Burton.

A crazy and very dark-humored movie that is a great satire of the War of the Worlds and other 1950 scifi-fi movies with an all-star casting that is decimated over the course of the movie, completely caricatural and ridiculous humans who are mostly completely dupe when it comes to dealing with martians and most of them are just too dumb or antipathic to feel sorry for them. The martians themselves are very entertaining with them being completely sadistic and yet very human and funny.
The way the martians are defeated is a complete parody of how easely alien invasions are usually defeated in movies with the both glorious and terrible singing of Slim Whiteman.

Mars Attacks ! from Tim Burton.

A crazy and very dark-humored movie that is a great satire of the War of the Worlds and other 1950 scifi-fi movies with an all-star casting that is decimated over the course of the movie, completely caricatural and ridiculous humans who are mostly completely dupe when it comes to dealing with martians and most of them are just too dumb or antipathic to feel sorry for them. The martians themselves are very entertaining with them being completely sadistic and yet very human and funny.
The way the martians are defeated is a complete parody of how easely alien invasions are usually defeated in movies with the both glorious and terrible singing of Slim Whiteman.
Amazing movie my man. The hard times we live in perfectly match the apocalypse sadly :S

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Well I would say the ressemblance between him and Blackbeard is rather superficial, while both can look friendly and inspiring Silver's positive traits are genuine and he really came to love Jim as a son whereas Teach has no real positive traits.

Though this is what makes Silver such a great character.
Yes they are obviously different and BB is a lot more dark. But thy have some vibes in common :

Both are the big bad guy that people look after : the cyborg / BB. Both are goofy and not threatening at first and they reveal themselves the big bad. They both "betrayed" their crews. They are both the captains/leader of that "evil" crew. They both believe in dreams and are real believers. They both seek a mythical treasure that belong to a mythical pirate in a mysterious and difficult to acces land. And they are both pirates ^^.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
I watched a lot of movies these few days. I’ll just list them and my rating

Dawn of the Dead - 6.5/10 (Characters were a bit stupid and some cheesy plot lines but this is a fun zombie movie to watch with friends for brainless fun)

Hereditary - 7/10 (intriguing and loved the set up, solid acting and characters act realistically however the ending felt lacklustre)

Hills Have Eyes - 2/10 (absolute awful movie. So bad that the person who picked it and claimed that “I’ve seen this before! It’s a good movie!” got bored and left to watch Netflix)

Descent - 5/10 (I didn’t really like the premise, none of the characters interested me but it was enjoyable here and there)

Sinister - 7.5/10 (Interesting premise, some parts really did scare me. Plot was good too, however I felt like there wasn’t a particular moment that felt like the climax)

What we do in the Shadows - 9/10 (Seen this movie so many times and it’s still hilarious and really entertaining)

A Silent Voice - 9/10 (Love this movie too and an emotion roller coaster. Deffo one of the best anime movies I’ve seen. Just maybe a bit of problem with pacing, I felt that some scenes are dragged out for too long)

Spiderman Far From Home - 9.5/10 (A whole lot better than the first one by a large margin. The humour was perfect and the movie was entertaining from the beginning to end. Mysterio’s character however could be fleshed out better, I felt that the reveal of his betrayal was too obvious. When he was introduced, it was pretty clear that he was going to betray Peter.)

I am Legend - 6/10 (Not as good as I remember the movie to be, I’m not a big fan of their take on zombies being so superhuman)

Paprika - 8.5/10 (Watched it again, I love the blend between reality and dream that happens in the movie. The surrealism makes it hard to follow but once you grasp what is happening, you’ll see a stunning movie with a stunning storyline.)

Last edited: