What was the last movie you watched?

Shutter Island - 10/10

really good thriller movie :catcry: that screws your mind over and over
Leonardo is such a great actor
The things that still bugging my mind till now is its ending. I'm still not sure whether his memory reset back and going to restart it all over, or did he actually back to normal but then says those words intentionally because he's tired and wanted them to put him down.

C

Celestia

The things that still bugging my mind till now is its ending. I'm still not sure whether his memory reset back and going to restart it all over, or did he actually back to normal but then says those words intentionally because he's tired and wanted them to put him down.
seems to me he regressed back, it's like his case is hopeless and he don't want to admit the harsh truth

BnHA Heroes Rising 8.5/10

The animation could’ve been better up until the final fight scene. (I think I’m spoiled by the likes of Weathering with You and Ride Your Wave). I wasn’t prepared for the feels trip. The story was great and I highly recommend for that reason alone. I want to rate higher just based on the story because it was fun to watch but the animation disappointed me. I feel like they did a better job in some of the episodes of the current season’s fight scenes than the movie in general.

Finally, FINALLY got around to watching Uncut Gems, absolutely great movie that had me locked in the whole way. 10/10, Sandler should have been nominated for an Oscar.
Seriously i was bored to hell. Sandler was ok to good, i can say any nominated actor in Oscars and quite a few additional ones deserved it more. It´s simply because people do not expect Sandler to be serious at times.

Watched 1917 finally. At times great shots, at times it seemed too gimmicky but definitely an experience to watch it, especially if you can in cinema. Did not deserve best movie though, Parasite was significantly better.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
His performance is quite good for sure. But it's far from Oscar worthy.
The Academy has made inexplicable choices before, that wouldn’t be so out of character for the Hollywood elite.

Seriously i was bored to hell. Sandler was ok to good, i can say any nominated actor in Oscars and quite a few additional ones deserved it more. It´s simply because people do not expect Sandler to be serious at times.

Watched 1917 finally. At times great shots, at times it seemed too gimmicky but definitely an experience to watch it, especially if you can in cinema. Did not deserve best movie though, Parasite was significantly better.
Spanglish was a pretty good movie, but because it came out in the same era of his career as Mr. Deeds (a classic) and Anger Management (possibly my favorite of his movies), just felt like a truly tone deaf contrast for someone known exclusively as a comedic actor at that point. He’s shown serious acting chops when given the correct role/a director he hasn’t been buddies with since they were teenagers (Funny People excluded) but since he’s always had the reputation of a jester or rascal, those parts are few and far between.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Re-watched Paprika for the first time in many years.

The medium of animation allowed the creators to artistically explore the idea to a further extent than Inception.

The story is extremely engaging from an entertainment perspective, but the core message doesn't resonate with me as well nowadays that I've reached conclusions on the concepts of consciousness, reality and so forth.

The art, animation and character designs are gorgeous, vibrant and colorful.

Overall great experience.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Re-watched Paprika for the first time in many years.

The medium of animation allowed the creators to artistically explore the idea to a further extent than Inception.

The story is extremely engaging from an entertainment perspective, but the core message doesn't resonate with me as well nowadays that I've reached conclusions on the concepts of consciousness, reality and so forth.

The art, animation and character designs are gorgeous, vibrant and colorful.

Overall great experience.
That's definitely not the Paprika that I watched. :catblush: Hint: Tinto Brass