What was the last movie you watched?

G

Gorosei Informer

Just watched The Forever Purge and it's not bad, a good film but not amazing either. A 7/10 I'd say or so?

I saw Spiral a short while ago and it was good too imo especially the fantastic symbolism towards the end that was setup early on. Maybe a 7/10 too. Chris Rock was jarring/cheesy at first but he really got into the role later and I believe he directed it too or so? Wrote/directed/produced?

I'm watching The Kings Man, Death On The Nile (the new one with Gal Gadot I believe?), Encanto, Boss Baby 2, Unbreakable all extremely soon too, as weird, random and disconnected as all that sounds lmao.

Gonna rewatch Alita Battle Angel finally too which I loved and also extremely excited for the new Batman film, it seems so damn promising and a true Batman experience, story, film or whatever.

I also really loved the James Gunn Suicide Squad film and Jungle Cruise surprisingly.

Got a bunch of other films I've seen a while ago that I want to briefly comment on and give ratings to on here but I'll do that another time.

I haven't seen Snyders Justice League yet either, I'll get round to it sooner or later.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
Just binged through the whole G.I. Joe movies franchise.

1. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)

7/10. Cool actions and decent cast. Some scenes are weird with the CGI but it's fine. As much as I liked Scarlett and Baroness, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow pretty much carry the whole franchise. There are some cool twists like the doctor turned out to be Rex but other than that, enjoyable movie.

2. G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013)

Also 7/10. Good actions and less CGI this time. But unfortunately Duke died too early so there's that. Dwayne Johnson was cool in the movie and once again, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow carry the franchise.

3. Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins (2021)

9/10. Lot of people trashing on this movie but who cares. This is definitely the best G.I. Joe movie for me yet. It cover a whole flashback about Snake Eyes and Tommy Arashikage (now Storm Shadow) which I really liked. There are some of my favorite actors like Iko Uwais (The Raid, Headshot, Wu Assassins) and Peter Mensah (300, Tears of the Sun) in the movie. The plot is alright and the villain is decent. The actions is top notch though.
cmon goat, how did you rate Snake eyes with 9/10?
that movie got so many plotholes. :kriwhat:

G

Gorosei Informer

Just watched Encanto and it's an absolute 10/10 for me, genuinely the best movie I have ever seen in a very long time! Never expected it to be anywhere near THAT GOOD!

It was like a mix of Moana and Coco with hints of Aladdin, Little Mermaid and even Hercules maybe? It's a very emotional, family and culture focused musical, especially from a femine perspective but it's still a very typical family film without particularly strong politicial/social messaging?

Lin-Manuel Miranda did an astounding job with the music and thus songs, the singing is fantastic and although I'm not fond of musicals, I absolutely enjoyed this. You really feel the Colombian influence, the visuals and culture on display are spectacular and enticing, it is immensely beautiful in places, overwhelmingly beautiful even with majestic animation and visual design.

This is genuinely a really special and exceptionally made movie. It's very mature/intelligent with a surprisingly dark and tragic story, very emotional and heartfelt and was something extremely personal for me too.

Also, the house itself is AMAZING! The insane creativity and thus attention to detail, its like the Fantasia and Beauty & the Beast films, its so truly magical, high spirited/energetic, it really feels alive with a personality of it's own and I was constantly in awe, entertained and in love with it.

I cannot describe how truly fantastic and even fantastical this film is, it really is one of a kind and I absolutely adored Moana and Coco too so this takes what I love about those films and makes it so very next level! The rats in it are so funny, charming and full of personality too as well as certain other animals too!

I already posted them in the "What Are You Listening To" thread but I strongly recommend checking these out, the visuals, singing and music are so astounding and as much as I love the Frozen films, this film, the characters in it, singing, music and so on are WAY BETTER!:

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Arrival (2016) - 7.5/10
Post automatically merged:

Arrival (2016) - 7.5/10
I watched it from an illegal stream that didn’t have subs

and I just realized now that there was a pretty important sequence where the mc was talking to the alien and it was supposed to have subtitles to show what the aliens were saying

No wonder I was so confused 😭
I thought you weren’t supposed to understand what they were saying
:shame:

Last edited:
G

Gorosei Informer

Just watched The Kings Man, the new one that's the origin of the Kingsman agency in the films.

Very good film, Rhys Ifans completely slayed as Rasputin, amazing performance and fighting. Watching him be Mycroft in Elementary recently too lol.

Other actors were great, Shola is goated (pun not intended), although the main villain was very OTT and cheesy.

I predicted some twists easily but it had brilliant emotional and action scenes and music too.

Very entertaining and Matthew Vaugn excels as director again. I was looking forward to this for ages and it paid off. Can't wait for the 4th film which starts filming in September too!

9/10 anyway.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
Sword of the Stranger - 8/10

I had a lot of fun watching this for multiple reasons :catblush:
I think the main selling point of this movie was the fights. The action scenes were well done and the choreography was smooth. I like that they didn’t really hold back on showing violence (like ppl’s arms being cut off etc) without making it gory

The setting was cool too

My biggest complaint of the movie is that I wish the characters had more personality and less cliche motives…like how many times have we heard of a villain who just wants to search for a good opponent 😭

Best character is the dog :catsweat:

Millennium Actress (2001)

I will definitely need to rewatch this one in order to really understand everything.
Haha that’s like every Satoshi Kon movie

Checkout Paprika next!

I had a lot of fun watching this for multiple reasons :catblush:
I think the main selling point of this movie was the fights. The action scenes were well done and the choreography was smooth. I like that they didn’t really hold back on showing violence (like ppl’s arms being cut off etc) without making it gory

The setting was cool too

My biggest complaint of the movie is that I wish the characters had more personality and less cliche motives…like how many times have we heard of a villain who just wants to search for a good opponent 😭

Best character is the dog :catsweat:

Haha that’s like every Satoshi Kon movie

Checkout Paprika next!
Paprika was my first Satoshi Kon film!

Just watched Encanto and it's an absolute 10/10 for me, genuinely the best movie I have ever seen in a very long time! Never expected it to be anywhere near THAT GOOD!
It was good from start to finish. Very emotional and the songs are very catchy. It probably will win for best animated movie this year for sure

Arrival (2016) - 7.5/10
Post automatically merged:

I watched it from an illegal stream that didn’t have subs

and I just realized now that there was a pretty important sequence where the mc was talking to the alien and it was supposed to have subtitles to show what the aliens were saying

No wonder I was so confused 😭
I thought you weren’t supposed to understand what they were saying
:shame:
I was confused too lmao. Glad we were still able to figure it out. Interesting and thought provoking movie. 8/10

"Hey wanna make a baby?" Hawkeye shoots faster than his arrows, I'm dead lmaoo

I am gonna watch this one tonight :catblush:

Last edited: