What was the last movie you watched?

Wedding Crashers - 7/10
Shutter Island - 8.5/10: i feel like i would rate this higher if i wasn't spoiled beforehand 😔
You are spoiled about THE ALMIGHTY SHUTTER ISLAND?

My condolences Man.

For your consolation...i was spoiled about Red Wedding by a girl who watched it alone a few hours before me. She innocently said just before i watched it with her "so btw she is killed and he is killed and everyone are killed" :suresure: and i was just :seriously::seriously::seriously:

G

Gorosei Informer

About to watch Batman! So excited!
Post automatically merged:

The Batman.
Easily a 9.5/10 or even a 10/10.
Completely agree there's so much I want to say about it but I'll wait till I get home, gonna watch Sonic 2 now lmfao.

Omfg Sonic 2 was so fucking good! Such fantastic tributes to classic Sonic games history and treatment of the lore and characters.

Some of it was cringy as hell BUT my god Idris Elbaf was fucking spectacular and phenomenal as Knuckles! Tails VA was complete perfection.

Robotnik Carrey did a Jojo reference by playing his leg like a guitar too lmfao.

Even the combat and visuals were absolutely top tier in this film.

There was also a really inappropriate joke about "lady shaving" which was out of place and inappropriate in a fucking kids film too! One character was extremely obnoxious, loud, annoying, egotistical etc and another was just pure cringe/embarassing/awful too.

The formation of the classic Sonic trio, the reveal of the Death Egg which looked AMAZING AND WAS SO BADASS and actually getting to see SUPER SONIC were absolutely fantastic and Sonic and Knuckles got some great fights and moments vs each other too! They made Knuckles extremely competent, badass, threatening and even hyped up Tails a LOT and made him very competent and intelligent which I loved! GUN also appear here canonically, so Sonic Adventure stuff incoming at least? Sonic X and such too?

If it wasn't for the cringy stuff and unnecessary scenes with the human characters and such, it would be an easy 10/10. Easily a 8 or 9 out of 10 though regardless. It has so much respect and tribute to the classic Sonic lore/history and games like the previous film but even more and it was animated extremely well too. I really loved this film!

8-9/10 easily!

And now to talk about Batman, my god it was fantastic! Such profound cinematography, stunning shots, atmosphere, scenes, symbolism, action and great all round acting. I really like this version of Gordon although it's still not the best but Gordon usually is handled very well across Batman adaptations. This is by far the best Catwoman I've seen and can think of too!

The scene of Batman rescuing people with the symbolic torch was beautiful and I felt Paul was interesting as Riddler but he went too hammy and OTT when he was unmasked. It gave me PTSD flashbacks to Jesse Eisenburgs Lex Luthor and maybe the Luthor from Superman Returns too.

I won't give spoilers but what the Riddler's ultimate plan was very interesting, ambitious and iconic. Very clever indeed. It really felt like Batman's take on Jigsaw and Se7en for example too and it was more of psychological, atmospheric, emotionally mature and slow burn film which I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated.

Robert was fantastic as Bruce and Batman and I love seeing the rise of Batman from his earlier days and seeing how he becomes the legend that he does. Its like how the new Tomb Raider games try to show Lara becomes the truly sexy, badass, tough, skilled, intelligent, articulate and deeply troubled and traumatised woman she is and that we love her for too. Granted I've not played Rise Of The Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider too but still! Although I will always love Tomb Raider Legend the most by far! Followed by Underworld. (I didn't play the classics though either)

Batman was not only exactly what I hoped it to be but even better. I thought No Way Home was my favourite superhero film so far and in some ways it is but The Batman is also now my favourite for different reasons too.

Zoe played Catwoman very well and was savage and relatable too, she gave it her all in that performance, very convincing and sympathetic. her backstory was tragic and it fuelled her motivations greatly.

I really enjoyed this take on Falcone too, I normally don't care for him, Colin Farell was a completely different person as Penguin, unrecognisable both in appearance and by voice and he did an excellent job too. I was laughing at some of his lines and the "banter" he had with Batman and Gordon too.

The funeral scene was immense, loved it. Intense, psychologically charged and so atmospheric. Paul was decent as Riddler but he didn't really feel like Riddler to me either. This film felt more like Hush and even "Hush" is mentioned but not sure if it was a deliberate nod to him or not too or just a coincidence. Hush would be TOO PERFECT for this take on Batman and given the direction the storyline took, its extremely surprising he wasn't massively involved! (Which is ironic given the recent Batman animated Hush film too but I've not seen that either but I know a massive spoiler about it too that is ironic in comparison to this film and what I've said about it too.)

I've still ended up saying a lot anyway ironically but I'll wrap up for now by saying this film is an easy 9/10 for me, maybe even 10/10! Absolutely loved it! Andy Serkis was fantastic as Alfred and there was some heart wrenching scenes with him too. I felt the plot of this film was also inspired by the Telltale games version of Batman but I can't say why for spoilers, they had very interesting and unique takes on the famous characters of Batman too.

I'll finish by saying a few more things, one is that I really want to see more of the Rogue's Gallery of Batman in this style now too and more Batman films in this style too, the noir atmosphere is immense and captivating, the film is beautiful and immersive by far. I'd love for a Mr Freeze in this universe played by Bryan Cranston as brilliantly suggested by Screen Rant or whoever mentioned it first ofc. Hush will be a must definitely in this style but I wanna see Two Face, Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter, Clayface and such.

There is also wonderful development for our Bat Boy/Lad/Guy/Man as he goes through some serious scrutinastion of his morals/ethics/values/motives and thus choices and actions and he genuinely learns and grows from it. This was such a maturely written film and I heard the director is a massive Batman fan by far, die hard even and it shows so much! Apparently this story is still very true to the comics, a certain run of them at least and it definitely shows too!

I absolutely recommend this film anyway! A 9/10 a t least as I said before or even a 10/10 honestly!

Theres a little bit more I want to say but I'll spoiler tag as it is spoilers too:

I really hate that the Joker is confirmed to exist here as shown at the ending but a teamup with the Riddler sounds promising though! Also Penguin is all but confirmed to get his major rise after this film and capitalise (literally/financially even) on the shocking changes to Gotham and what it means for the future now too. I love Gotham getting flooded as a huge fan of flooded cities, ruins and such and the consequences it has had and will have too.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gorosei Informer

Ghostbusters Afterlife - 6/10 or so.

I liked Paul Rudd in it and the return of the OG Ghostbusters and their big moment including Egon's ghost but the film got pretty boring at some point for me and I lost interest. Could not get invested in it at all but it started off interesting/well I'd say but went downhill fast maybe?

Way better than that godforsaken, obnoxious, horrific excuse of a sequel/film from 2016 with the all female team.