Questions & Mysteries What will BlackBeard’s third devil fruit be?

What will BB’s 3rd fruit be

• Total voters
he might not need to get one
lets see scarred shanks without a df
beat ace with his logia . could assume he's a top high tier at this point
then attains the strongest paramecia in existence
one that allowed wb to be the strongest man in his prime
dont understand why folks want him to be broken
he has all he needs to be terrifying .

let's be honest Zoans in general is just for us to assume that the dude has extra defensive stats like it doesn't play any literally ANY role to someone's fighting style and it's so confirmed with kaido recently

so yea maybe to offset the extra pain he gets from the yami yami , he gets a defensive zoan and that could make him the most broken offense and defense

i personally would love if its a df that no one else has so far and not the dragon df

Whoever is thinking of a Blackbeard without the cerberus DF is just fooling himself :hihihi:
The main issue is that it's too predictable. Perhaps Oda also opted for the invisibility fruit for Shiryu instead of the diamond because it was a very popular theory long ago.

he might not need to get one
lets see scarred shanks without a df
beat ace with his logia . could assume he's a top high tier at this point
then attains the strongest paramecia in existence
one that allowed wb to be the strongest man in his prime
dont understand why folks want him to be broken
he has all he needs to be terrifying .
He scarred Shanks when they were teens, before even forming the Red Hair pirates.

It's not that people think he's not strong enough with only two fruits, but it's a simple deduction that with the strongest Logia and Paramecia, it's only natural for him to acquire the last strongest class. Teach is heavily associated with the number 3. Nearly everything centered around him from his birthday, flag, guns, claws and beard locks is connected to that number.

You can even count all the digits in his bounty and it will result into 3.

2 + 2 + 4 + 7 + 6 = 21
2 + 1 = 3

Even more, the Saber Of Xebec refers to the real life three masted sailing ship. And a hippo's stomach consists of three distinct chambers. The Zoan is just the icing on the cake.

''D: Hello Oda-sensei. I know it's a lot but could you tell us the best flower and animal that represents each of the Worst Generation?

O: Coming right up. I don't know very much about flowers so don't look too deeply into my choices in the language of flowers!''

• Luffy: Monkey
  • Kid: Fighting Bull
  • Law: Snow Leopard
  • Blackbeard: Hippo
  • Zoro: Shark
  • Killer: Weasel
  • Hawkins: Horse
  • Bonney: Deer
  • Capone: Koala
  • Urouge: Elephant
  • Apoo: Orangutan
  • Drake: Allosaurus
- SBS Volume 95

And then this;

But the thing is though, if Teach has 3 DF power limits, then choosing Hippo zoan wouldn't be wise, it should've been at least be an ancient zoan.

Still, no doubt that Hippo is a very powerful animal, it will definitely power up Blackbeard's physical stats and his resilience even more.

What makes Hippo special?

- semi-aquatic mammal
- second largest land animal on Earth, average Hippo is 1,500 kg (heaviest is Elephant)
- hippos are great swimmers and can hold their breath for five minutes underwater

Actually, it's probably one of the best regular zoan after Elephant since it's even better than Giraffe, they say they are even larger than Giraffes (average Giraffe is 1,192 kg), and we've seen how powerful Kaku was with a Giraffe zoan, which should be weaker than Hippo.

In addition to that, they can survive underwater longer than other mammals, perhaps that could be the reason why it will be hippo? In case if he falls into a water, it will help him to survive longer. We've seen Big mom losing her memories, if she had a semi-aquatic mammal zoan that probably wouldn't happen.

Perhaps it can be help his powers like this;

It gives the ability to crush with his mouth, while he can still use his fists; one fist holds darkness, the other fist holds gura, the head is hippo which can bite.

Only that, they would be crushed if they were swallowed by Blackbeard's dark logia body;

E.Oda already made the smile Zoan hippo fruit user to swallow others, if you combine this ability with the Blackbeard's darkness logia, it could help his darkness powers to swallow it better, and it also increases his physical abilities due to being a zoan that more powerful than even giraffe, which also helps the gura's offense when he strikes.

Oda did it multiple times where he had someone's fruit in his laugh

So maybe it's Ze or Zeh or Zeha if anyone knows Japanese or how these words are pronounced cause I asked someone and he said it's Zebra

So maybe some myth around a Zebra Zebra fruit after all he's the guy that has both Fruits that represents Darkness and Light

What if instead of his 3rd DF being a zoan it is the Kage Kage no mi? Darkness + Shadows would be cool. Imagine that Luffy is winning against him and he steals his crewmates shadows to become more powerful.

And one of the Yami Yami no mi weaknesses is that, unlike other logias, the user cannot become an intangible element. But with the power of the Kage Kage no mi he could switch places with his shadow to dodge attacks, as the shadow is invulnerable to harm, similar to a Logia DF user.

Last edited:
@Lifeismeh Regarding what we were talking about in the spoiler thread. Here's why i feel reusing Seiryu is unlikely.

- It's extremely odd, repetitive and boring from Oda's part to have Luffy pummel the same creature twice as his main fights in two separate gigantic arcs. Could you even tolerate a v2.0 Kaido but obese spamming Boro Breath and using every single attack that Kaido already displayed on panel as Luffy's EoS fight?

- Post-Levely we saw that BB is going to clash with the Marines to take something valuable, he's the least likely stakeholder to show up at Wano.

- A mythical Zoan dragon fits Kaido's gimmick well if we link it with Ryuma's legend of slaying a dragon, but BB is based on Edward Teach someone whose braided beard and slow burning fuses made the people describe him as a devil. In fact, his own Jolly Roger is saluting the devil while spearing a heart with 3 drops of blood (likely representing his 3 DFs). The Jolly Roger was a technique used to instill fear into his enemies. A devil Zoan would also be suitable considering the enmity between the D. clan and the World Nobles who claim to be the descendants of gods.

There's also a quote from his ledger that says: "Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us that lives the longest should take it all". Imo, Teach's insomnia could be a side effect of consuming the devil Zoan. There's a tale about Teach's ghost roaming the afterlife fearing the devil won't recognize his decapitated body, maybe the fruit allows him to control two different beings (himself and the devil fruit's devil). I think we will know about that in Vegapunk's arc when the secret behind devil fruits is uncovered.

If history repeats itself and Kaido gets slain in front of the citizens of the flower capital when Momo awakens his cloud levitation power and prevents Onigashima from falling, it would be anticlimactic for BB to revive the same nightmare again and diminish the payoff of a narrative play that would come into effect in Wano only. That's why i believe a devil/ghostly figure Zoan suits BB's gimmick more.

He might have the strongest Zoan DF or some who is not strong enough but he could take advantage
I'm thinking of kaido DF wich is the strongest and we know what that DF can do
Or Orochi,just imagine Teach with 8 heads and the other 2 fruits,he would be almost invincible

@Lifeismeh Regarding what we were talking about in the spoiler thread. Here's why i feel reusing Seiryu is unlikely.

- It's extremely odd, repetitive and boring from Oda's part to have Luffy pummel the same creature twice as his main fights in two separate gigantic arcs. Could you even tolerate a v2.0 Kaido but obese spamming Boro Breath and using every single attack that Kaido already displayed on panel as Luffy's EoS fight?

- Post-Levely we saw that BB is going to clash with the Marines to take something valuable, he's the least likely stakeholder to show up at Wano.

- A mythical Zoan dragon fits Kaido's gimmick well if we link it with Ryuma's legend of slaying a dragon, but BB is based on Edward Teach someone whose braided beard and slow burning fuses made the people describe him as a devil. In fact, his own Jolly Roger is saluting the devil while spearing a heart with 3 drops of blood (likely representing his 3 DFs). The Jolly Roger was a technique used to instill fear into his enemies. A devil Zoan would also be suitable considering the enmity between the D. clan and the World Nobles who claim to be the descendants of gods.

There's also a quote from his ledger that says: "Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us that lives the longest should take it all". Imo, Teach's insomnia could be a side effect of consuming the devil Zoan. There's a tale about Teach's ghost roaming the afterlife fearing the devil won't recognize his decapitated body, maybe the fruit allows him to control two different beings (himself and the devil fruit's devil). I think we will know about that in Vegapunk's arc when the secret behind devil fruits is uncovered.

If history repeats itself and Kaido gets slain in front of the citizens of the flower capital when Momo awakens his cloud levitation power and prevents Onigashima from falling, it would be anticlimactic for BB to revive the same nightmare again and diminish the payoff of a narrative play that would come into effect in Wano only. That's why i believe a devil/ghostly figure Zoan suits BB's gimmick more.
I think BB having Kaido DF can be as interesting as Oda wanted to be, since he have two other DFs, am not worried much about it being interesting since I don't see Oda focusing on making BB repeating Kaido moves, BB powers will be interesting mainly because of how he will mix his different powers and make his unique fighting style that only he can achieve

you have made a solid connection bwirh Teach supposedly representing a Devil, but am not sure the evidence is there that the connection here is about his DF, maybe Teach is just special period and the connection will be more about his past rather than his future

I have many reasons to believe BB is taking Kaido fruit honestly, there's no definitive proof but the build up and hints are very strong

1) BB now have Moria, I don't believe for one second Moria is not getting involved in Kaido saga, Especially when BB himself have solid reasons to be involved

2) one of the main traits that BB pirates have is they steal DFs, it was treated as a major plot point when Jinbe talked about it, this is something that will affect the plot for sure meaning we will see BB do it, he will still more DFs on panel, and he will do it to major characters ( otherwise it won't affect the plot much)

3) BB connection to Rocks are rather obvious, but so is Kaido, BB and Kaido actually share many similarities , and those similarities trail back to Rocks

similar to Rocks both BB and Kaido main plan was form a crew from the most dangerous and well known pirates in the world, BB infiltrated ID for that cause, and Kaido has been recruiting strong pirates for years

both BB and Kaido also want to turn their islands to a paradise for pirates

I don't think this is a coincidence , both characters are influenced by the same person, Wich will lead to their conflict, I totally imagine a scenario where most pirates on beehive island leave teach to join Kaido after they hear Wano is the new paradise, leading to BB plan to kill Kaido

4) BB presence in Ace flashback and story overall, I don't think it was just a nod, teach thought Ace wanted to take Kaido because he's a big shot, because that's something BB would want to do as well, BB will give it a shot for his own reasons that's what I took from that flashback

5) the abilities that BB crew have will be used for such scenarios, at this point we know Oda well enough to conclude a crew who have someone with invisibility fruit and someone who can copy people appearance and someone who can hypnotize people will definitely have moments where they trick everybody either with a shocking appearance or trying to trick and backstab someone...ect

am confident BB third DF is Kaido DF, and will happen way later, because Kaido falling is still far off from happening anyway

Personally I love the theory that BBS fruit will be one of the strongest of each type of fruit combined with each indicating a specific version of haki.

So what I’m thinking of is a mythical zoan with enhanced senses.

I like the Cerberus, but I think it’d be a chimera. Teach is already stated to have a strange body, and a the chimera as a three headed monster fits just better for teach imo.