Questions & Mysteries What will BlackBeard’s third devil fruit be?

What will BB’s 3rd fruit be

• Total voters

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
sorry for my bad grammar

i think black beard third devil fruit is a myhtical zoan anansi , a myhtical creature from caribean.
Anansi is a spider god who want to have all the story in the world, so he asked all of it to Nyame, the almighty creator. To accomplished that, he tricked all of their target and in the end he gained all of the story around the world.

here're the reasons:

First, Oda have a thematic world building for each saga. he include the power of main villan to suit with the theme

a. alabasta with Eastern Mediterranean style, crocodile have a power of sand
b. skypia, the could island, enel with the power of lightning
c. water 7, story of betrayal and spy, rob lucy with the power of leopard (quickest creature, an assasin need to be quick)
d. so on until big mom in fairy tale world, she have a Soru Soru no Mi to bring soul into object like in disney fairy tale
e. and kaido dragon, the strongest creature in japan folklore.

For black beard case, we know that he is in Hachinosu of the pirate island. I think oda Inspired Hachinosu from Nassau on New Providence island in the Bahamas, Carribean. So the power must suit with the legend around them. even the beard and the acessories represent for a carribean pirates

Second, The most similar creature in the carribean who suit with black beard is anansi.

- Anansi known as a trickster who suit with teach personality
- Anansi was often celebrated as a symbol of slave resistance and survival. Like Teach who recruit a member from impeldown
- Anansi can shapeshift to spider that suit with teach jolly roger of the eight bone. three skull represent of the 3 devil fruits
- To gain all the knowlege of the world, Anansi must kill 3 creature for Nyame. Black beard already kill 2, and he gain power from them.
- Anansi have a big hind and small head just like Teach.

Third, the power

- Black beard have the most 2 powerful devil fruit rn. He have the power to nullify and annihilation from yami yami no mi and total destuction from gura gura no mi. The concept of material is can be break, change and create to knew one.
- Anansi is often credited in some stories with the creation of the Sun, the Moon, the stars, and the planets. From this i think the last power of black beard is making a new shape of material from materials that he absorb.
Holy shit.... Dude this is the best theory about Blackbeard's fruit I have ever read.

sorry for my bad grammar

i think black beard third devil fruit is a myhtical zoan anansi , a myhtical creature from caribean.
Anansi is a spider god who want to have all the story in the world, so he asked all of it to Nyame, the almighty creator. To accomplished that, he tricked all of their target and in the end he gained all of the story around the world.

here're the reasons:

First, Oda have a thematic world building for each saga. he include the power of main villan to suit with the theme

c. water 7, story of betrayal and spy, rob lucy with the power of leopard (quickest creature, an assasin need to be quick)
d. so on until big mom in fairy tale world, she have a Soru Soru no Mi to bring soul into object like in disney fairy tale

For black beard case, we know that he is in Hachinosu of the pirate island. I think oda Inspired Hachinosu from Nassau on New Providence island in the Bahamas, Carribean. So the power must suit with the legend around them. even the beard and the acessories represent for a carribean pirates

Second, The most similar creature in the carribean who suit with black beard is anansi.

- Anansi was often celebrated as a symbol of slave resistance and survival. Like Teach who recruit a member from impeldown
- Anansi can shapeshift to spider that suit with teach jolly roger of the eight bone. three skull represent of the 3 devil fruits
- To gain all the knowlege of the world, Anansi must kill 3 creature for Nyame. Black beard already kill 2, and he gain power from them.

Third, the power

- Black beard have the most 2 powerful devil fruit rn. He have the power to nullify and annihilation from yami yami no mi and total destuction from gura gura no mi. The concept of material is can be break, change and create to knew one.
- Anansi is often credited in some stories with the creation of the Sun, the Moon, the stars, and the planets. From this i think the last power of black beard is making a new shape of material from materials that he absorb.
This is a well-written theory. You really nailed it.

- A mythical Zoan dragon fits Kaido's gimmick well if we link it with Ryuma's legend of slaying a dragon, but BB is based on Edward Teach someone whose braided beard and slow burning fuses made the people describe him as a devil. In fact, his own Jolly Roger is saluting the devil while spearing a heart with 3 drops of blood (likely representing his 3 DFs). The Jolly Roger was a technique used to instill fear into his enemies. A devil Zoan would also be suitable considering the enmity between the D. clan and the World Nobles who claim to be the descendants of gods.

There's also a quote from his ledger that says: "Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us that lives the longest should take it all". Imo, Teach's insomnia could be a side effect of consuming the devil Zoan. There's a tale about Teach's ghost roaming the afterlife fearing the devil won't recognize his decapitated body, maybe the fruit allows him to control two different beings (himself and the devil fruit's devil). I think we will know about that in Vegapunk's arc when the secret behind devil fruits is uncovered.

If history repeats itself and Kaido gets slain in front of the citizens of the flower capital when Momo awakens his cloud levitation power and prevents Onigashima from falling, it would be anticlimactic for BB to revive the same nightmare again and diminish the payoff of a narrative play that would come into effect in Wano only. That's why i believe a devil/ghostly figure Zoan suits BB's gimmick more.
Found a fan art with the artist basically giving BB the devil devil/Akuma Akuma Zoan fruit which were talking about to solo the three admirals :steef:

By @Shudk from Reddit (don't know if he's the same person on WG)
Yup that's me, thank you for sharing it here! :amazing:
Some people pointed out to me that the name Akuma Akuma doesn't work, beacause japanese DF names only have 2 syllabes.
Instead it should be Hito Hito model Akuma (Human Human model Devil)
I was just wondering about something that could further prove the devil devil zoan prediction. We know most if not all pirate crews base their jolly rogers/flags on something that resembles their captain (skull wearing a strawhat for Luffy, a skull with a scarred left eye for Shanks, a skull with a mustache for WB etc...). But why did Xebec had a red skull with two horns?

The skull also replaces the "o" in Rocks, the o might stand for "oni".

We know that Kaido has a horned skull as his jolly roger because of his appearance, but Xebec's silhouette showed that he didn't have horns. This leaves nothing else beside it being an indicator of his ability. Xebec could've likely been the original owner of the Hito Hito no Mi: Demon fruit.

And as we know, Xebec is no longer alive which means the fruit could have returned into circulation.

@Shudk @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Owl Ki @Jailer @Le Fishe D. Crydo @MonsterKaido @Lifeismeh
Post automatically merged:

I reposted this because i forgot some tags

sorry for my bad grammar

here're the reasons:

Third, the power

Wow I really like this

Dragon + Gura + Yami would be too crazy.

Oda foreshadowed the Hippo fruit, but I don't like the idea. Ugliness aside, it wouldn't fit into the power dynamics. Blackbeard deliberately searches for the best DFs; despite knowing he is able to consume multiple fruits, he wanted that one specific fruit, the Yami Yami no Mi. Later consuming Whitebeard's fruit too. Taking the Hippo fruit would be a waste for his standards.

I'd prefer if he was limited to those 2 fruits, but his 3x theme is too obvious.

sorry for my bad grammar

here're the reasons:

Third, the power

Holy shit, awesome theory. Read a little on this Anansi lore, and I definitely see similarities. Anansi beats more powerful enemies through cunning and wits, like Teach uses his grandiose plans, and cheats with opponents like WB. Anansi is also known for his immense greed, which Teach has wanting the most powerful df’s, crewmates, Pirate King, and possibly being King of the world with Rocks being connected to him in some way. Anansi is also most known for its wisdom known for being a god of all knowledge or stories. With Teach again showing incredible knowledge on the history and truths of the One Piece World.
Anyways it’s be dope if this actually happens