Chapter Discussion What Zoro said was CAP…

Do you agree?

• Total voters
It's not Luffy's fault lol

Ace died because he was too hot headed.

Everyone told him to back away from Akainu and not to fall for his words yet he acted impulsively to fight Akainu.

This lead to the final moments where Akainu went after luffy causing ace death

Ace death is his own fault - not WB, not Luffy's, nor Akainu's
He died to save Luffy.

But they didn’t drop the issue they only decided that they aren’t heading to Mariejoa and are waiting for more info in the meantime
Aka they decided to do nothing and wait, which means they dropped the issue until something falls into their lap.

I don't understand this infatuation with that dialogue. Was Zoro saying the right thing? Damn right, you have little to no information about the thing and you are going to risk your whole crew just because you are emotional? You are going to challenge the strongest force out there based on nothing? Was the Ace example right or wrong? It was the only example that was contextually applicable. People have their own adventures and unless they ask for help you let them do what they want. This is how you respect people with strong character and willpower and pride. By always running to your friend who may or may not be in trouble you are disrespecting them. What happens when you go there and you find out that they didn't need your help? Are you going to tell them that you put your dream in jeopardy, you risked the lives of your whole crew, all because you thought that your friend might need help and that is a big if because you have zero information on the subject except that they were missing and their father was killed.

Remember what Luffy said when the Grand Fleet was formed, when you need help you ask us and we will come and when we need help we will ask you and you will come. Zoro was so in character for saying what he said because he understands self respect and pride the most.

@Gol D. Roger I have an issue with this in particular because Luffy doesn't showcase he changed after Marineford in this instance.

Zoro reminded Luffy of his words before Ace's death. So Marineford which was a huge loss and ultimately failure, in the end doesn't matter for changing the mc.

It was a big dilemma he had to overcome, and now suddenly it's back to "she has her own adventures!". Wut :whitepress:
Luffy not changing after Marineford has been obvious since forever, not just in 1060. :jordanmf:

I only think Oda shouldn’t have made him use the Ace example it didn’t sound good
Other than that I like Zoro’s way of balancing the emotional drama that was going on understandably because of the shocking news of Vivi
I hope they meet her soon, that would bring some more depth to the strawhats relationship

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
He died to save Luffy.

Aka they decided to do nothing and wait, which means they dropped the issue until something falls into their lap.
Ya so how it became Luffy's fault?

Luffy risked his life to save Ace and went to ID and MF - places which were far above his level.

He did successfully save Ace and were on path to escape with help from WB until Akainu riled up Ace and he stopped to face Akainu which made even Luffy stopped escaping.

And, you are overlooking one major fact that luffy went down on knees - drug he took to keep him up

So, how you are blaming luffy for Ace death?

It's Ace own fault
Post automatically merged:

He died to save Luffy.

And, that's right call

They don't know from where to start looking - two locations Luffy suggested - Alabasta and MJ are out of question and doesn't make sense.

Nor vivi is captured like Ace. She is missing.

So, how do you think they should start investigating when they have no lead?

Ya so how it became Luffy's fault?

Luffy risked his life to save Ace and went to ID and MF - places which were far above his level.

He did successfully save Ace and were on path to escape with help from WB until Akainu riled up Ace and he stopped to face Akainu which made even Luffy stopped escaping.

And, you are overlooking one major fact that luffy went down on knees - drug he took to keep him up

So, how you are blaming luffy for Ace death?

It's Ace own fault

And, that's right call

They don't know from where to start looking - two locations Luffy suggested - Alabasta and MJ are out of question and doesn't make sense.

I said IN A WAY, stop being a literalist.

Ace chose to save Luffy so it’s his decision, but if Luffy wasn’t at risk he never would have died. So in that sense, it is because of Luffy.

They could try investigating the matter and ask around, that’s the least they could do.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It's Ace own fault
Exactly, Senpai. It can't be Luffy's fault. Ane must be evil to even suggest it.

And, that's right call

This is what it looks like when Newborn uses logic.

Ah Chapter 1060

I’m all for Zoro Vice Captain moments in the series. Infact their some of the most iconic moments in the series.

This chapter While it does appear to be a Vice Captain Moment for Zoro it’s really all CAP.
Zoro is reminding Luffy about what he said about Ace and while Luffy did say that.
The end result of trusting Ace and letting Him have his own Adventures was

Death

Back then Luffy had the Whitebeard Pirates their Allys, as well as the Impel Down Allys at his side

Man power arguably even greater than the Strawhats and their Grand Fleet.

So what good is trust when you couldn’t save a more competent character than Vivi with a stronger group characters?

And Let’s be honest…. The Strawhats are gonna end up saving Vivi anyways….

Would have been character development on Luffys part if he just stopped everything and decided to pursue his friend earlier this time around since waiting got his other killed.

But yea Leave Your Thoughts

Ace's fate would have been the same either way even if Luffy went to help Ace from after thriller bark..
The point is you can't start worrying about everything and nothing and to have faith in Vivi's own luck..

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Hope you guys got a some central heating ready cus Zoro went and built a whole nest inside of your heads.

Imagine thinking this was in anyway bad from Zoro this chapter. You only arrive to that shitty conclusion if you either have negative iq or zero reading comprehension. I'm guessing most of you retards have both.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I said IN A WAY, stop being a literalist.

Ace chose to save Luffy so it’s his decision, but if Luffy wasn’t at risk he never would have died. So in that sense, it is because of Luffy.

They could try investigating the matter and ask around, that’s the least they could do.
Luffy felt down because of the side effects of the drug and then he went for the vc.

He took the drug to save ace so anyway it's Ace fault in ALL WAYS.

Ask around?

Sure....where to ask around though? Only people whom probably know about her missing is Sabo (missing himself), RA(don't know where they are) or navy so what's good asking around will do?

Exactly, Senpai. It can't be Luffy's fault. Ane must be evil to even suggest it.

This is what it looks like when Newborn uses logic.
Nice way to dodge the argument we were having... I guess you getting too old for this. Take retirement Old man :optimistic:

Luffy felt down because of the side effects of the drug and then he went for the vc.

He took the drug to save ace so anyway it's Ace fault in ALL WAYS.

Ask around?

Sure....where to ask around though? Only people whom probably know about her missing is Sabo (missing himself), RA(don't know where they are) or navy so what's good asking around will do?
You and I might know it won’t do them good, but the characters don’t.

The good it would do is a logical course if someone you love is missing: you try to find them. Dropping it altogether makes them seem like they do not care.

Robin spent a lot of time with the Revos, there is no way she doesn’t know a way to contact them and at least try to get some info.

Doing nothing and attacking Mariejois are two extremes no one asked for. But there’s a ton they can do in between.

And hard disagree on Ace, his death was a sacrifice for Luffy, which is why Luffy is pivotal in his death.

And he wasn’t “saved” either, they were still at a high risk battlefield trying to escape. @Reborn

Bruh Zoro is absolutely right there. Ace isn't the type to make dumb decision and neither is VIVI.
Ace did made a mistake back then but that was too solely to protect luffy.

In fact it's luffy who makes dumb decisions and somehow plot armour protect his ass.

I mean just look at it. Bro is talking about going against WG and Marines at once.
These type of decesions do get you liked.