Controversial Whats your Criteria?

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
How did you decide who your favorite characters are?

What criteria do you judge them on?

For Me it's a combination of

Personality
Design
Backstory
Development

Design.
Personality.
Relevance.
Entertainment value.
Acts consistently.

I'm fine with a static character with zero to minimal backstory as long as they are entertaining, are at least somewhat relevant for their role and acts consistently in character.

I can't stand useless duds with dumb, ugly designs that waste my time with inane drivel. Holdem is a prime example of a character that is utterly irrelevant, eats up way too much panel time for his inconsequential role, is unentertaining and worst of all, is just flat out painfully hideous to even look at.

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
Design.
Personality.
Relevance.
Entertainment value.
Acts consistently.

I'm fine with a static character with zero to minimal backstory as long as they are entertaining, are at least somewhat relevant for their role and acts consistently in character.

I can't stand useless duds with dumb, ugly designs that waste my time with inane drivel. Holdem is a prime example of a character that is utterly irrelevant, eats up way too much panel time for his inconsequential role, is unentertaining and worst of all, is just flat out painfully hideous to even look at.
๐Ÿ˜ญ didn't expect a holdem roast session

Holdem is a prime example of a character that is utterly irrelevant, eats up way too much panel time for his inconsequential role, is unentertaining and worst of all, is just flat out painfully hideous to even look at.
Hsd to search this guy up and I still have no clue where we see him
:sanmoji:

People think I am a Doffy fan lol.

I am, but it wasnt like that.

Started One Piece due Shanks and Zoro. I started One Piece at Dresrossa Saga, where I really liked Doflamingo, but not as much as now.

When I first saw Dresrossa, and saw how strong Doffy is (or was), I was very impressed, what I saw is a Doffy talking casually to Fujitora, an Admiral, neggin his meteors, challenging face to face, I saw a Law who said he cant beat Doffy reason he had to safe all his energy to habe a chance, I saw Luffy passing out after the fight for 3 days while Doffy also lost and so many things.

But then, one day I enter the forums to see people say he got negged, that Fujitora low diffs him, that Burguess can defeat him, Sabo can defeat him, Luffy defeated him, Law almost killed him, Aokiji let him go, Smoker was beaten already vs Doffy and so many downplays, I couldn't believe it.

So I started defending him till the point I became a Doffy fan.

I cant stand people who argue with poor logic and background, I had the goal to defend him.

Last edited:
Had to search this guy up and I still have no clue where we see him
:sanmoji:
He is the bloke with the lion smile fruit whose main gag is getting punched in the testicles by his crotch cat comrade the Loin King. He holds Tama hostage which leads to Luffy wasting multiple chapters and the beginning of Wano Arc on rescuing Tama from a bunch of nobodies like Urashima and Holdem himself. :shame:

Painfully mediocre character with zero entertainment value. Oda, if you are going to waste people's time with an inane individual then at least make them easy on the eyes. Give the reader a big tittied broad like Solitaire or a memeable hunk like Urouge, don't give them a grotesque flesh gargoyle like Foldem. :josad:

People think I am a Doffy fan lol.

I am, but it wasnt like that.

Started One Piece due Shanks and Zoro. I started One Piece at Dresrossa Saga, where I really liked Doflamingo, but as much as now.

When I first saw Dresrossa, and saw how strong Doffy is (or was), I was very impressed, what I saw is a Doffy talking casually to Fujitora, an Admiral, neggin his meteors, challenging face to face, I saw a Law who said he cant beat Doffy reason he had to safe all his energy to habe a chance, I saw Luffy passing out after the fight for 3 days while Doffy also lost and so many things.

But then, one day I enter the forums to see people say he got negged, that Fujitora low diffs him, that Burguess can defeat him, Sabo can defeat him, Luffy defeated him, Law almost killed him, Aokiji let him go, Smoker was beaten already vs Doffy and so many downplays, I couldn't believe it.

So I started defending him till the point I became a Doffy fan.

I cant stand people who argue with poor logic and background, I had the goal to defend him.
Doffy still has some of the best outfits/design even to this day

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
โ€Ž
1. Design
2. Entertainment value
3. Characterization
4. Consistency
5. Powers

In that order. My top 3 favorites in OP for example is Blackbeard, Fujitora and then Queen.

How did you decide who your favorite characters are?

What criteria do you judge them on?

For Me it's a combination of

Personality
Design
Backstory
Development
How much does this character impacts my life.

If I'm noticing that I'm often wondering what a character would do in X situation then this is probably the sign that I found my fav character.

After that, I'm looking at how well the story of said character is written.

I don't need more, usually my fav will pop out very quickly.