General & Others When is it acceptable to use the anime as evidence?

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
In general, being an adaptation, the anime is its own thing.
Should be analyzed separated.
Now, there are cases of "multi-media" connections.

Avatar the last air bender extends its canon universe throughout comics, for example. Despite being different medias, they serve as complements for each other.

If the anime staff intentionally fills gaps from the manga, and it DOESN'T CONTRADICT THE MANGA IN ANY WAY, just adding to it, and is also explicitly "green light'ed" by the original author, it is actually OK to use it as part of the original story.

Oden's flashback might be the case, if that tweet someone posted saying that the anime staff was going to get the personal "ok do it" signal from Oda and be strictly faithful to the manga while adding scenes, then its pretty fair to consider it canon.
But if Oda says: "no, its not", or it directly contradicts events from the manga, then its not.

Either when a scene is the perfect copy of another and this is hella difficult to achieve, or when Oda approves a particular anime scene as canon.

However as long as Oda does not pin a scene as non canon, we can't implicate it's necessarily not canon but the last word must come from Oda's. So suspended judice.

When a scene is exactly like its manga counterpart.
What about if it’s something vague and open to interpretation in the manga? One time I was debating with someone if Luffy was using G2 or not in a certain scene in where the indicators that we was using G2 were vague at best (since Oda can’t draw Luffy pink in a black and white manga). He said it WSC G2 since there was a little bit of smoke, but I disagreed since I didn’t think it was enough smoke to be anything more than Base Luffy just throwing his punch fast, and the anime agreed with me. Or what about the infamous case of BM vs Brachio Bomber. Admiral fanboys insisted that BM’s skull got cracked because they don’t understand that an onomatopoeia can have multiple meanings, and the anime showed BM didn’t get her skull cracked

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
What about if it’s something vague and open to interpretation in the manga? One time I was debating with someone if Luffy was using G2 or not in a certain scene in where the indicators that we was using G2 were vague at best (since Oda can’t draw Luffy pink in a black and white manga). He said it WSC G2 since there was a little bit of smoke, but I disagreed since I didn’t think it was enough smoke to be anything more than Base Luffy just throwing his punch fast, and the anime agreed with me. Or what about the infamous case of BM vs Brachio Bomber. Admiral fanboys insisted that BM’s skull got cracked because they don’t understand that an onomatopoeia can have multiple meanings, and the anime showed BM didn’t get her skull cracked
Dont know what talking about with the Luffy g2 stuff. With BM, the kanji is always used for skull cracking and Oda didn't even show Sanji's ribs being broken.