General & Others Whenever Luffy and Zoro are portrayed together, they are shown to be equal

Many shonen have similar top duos like Luffy-Zoro. And in almost all cases it's the same - one is stronger or at least the only one who can find an extra level against the big baddie.

For example let's take Rurouni Kenshin that Oda worked on as a youth. Kenshin more or less had an equal in Saito and close to equal in Aoshi. But when push came to shove against Shishio only Kenshin could bring him down. Same against Enishi.

That never made me or anyone else feel Saito or Aoshi were weak, on the contrary it just showed how absurdly strong Shishio and Enishi were. Just like Zoro, Law, Kidd, Killer are monsters in their own right but Kaido is the king of the monsters that only Luffy could beat.

If Luffy and Zoro are equal, then they’d have a much much easier time running through shit…Two yonko level characters on a single crew this early? Zoro will be there end of story certainly but Luffy is already there.

What’s the point of having Zoro defeat the second strongest and struggles against that every single arc if he couldn’t beat the strongest? Sometimes Zoro fans just incite the frustration in me out of their agenda as if they haven’t read the same story. Zoro is to Luffy as Rayleigh is to Roger. The silver to the gold.
Kinda easy to understand.

If Luffy and Zoro are equal, then they’d have a much much easier time running through shit…Two yonko level characters on a single crew this early? Zoro will be there end of story certainly but Luffy is already there.

What’s the point of having Zoro defeat the second strongest and struggles against that every single arc if he couldn’t beat the strongest? Sometimes Zoro fans just incite the frustration in me out of their agenda as if they haven’t read the same story. Zoro is to Luffy as Rayleigh is to Roger. The silver to the gold.
Kinda easy to understand.
Because Zoro is in a crew, just because Zoro fights 2nd strongest doesn’t mean he can’t be comparable to Luffy. It is just the heirarchy of the crew. Infact in some cases Zoro has also fought Luffy opponents. Luffy mostly wins because he takes help from others and/or is very resilient. Zoro on the other hand is pure strength and powder.

Last edited: