General & Others Whenever Luffy and Zoro are portrayed together, they are shown to be equal

Nikuzi

โš“๐’ซ๐’พ๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐’ฌ๐“Š๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐‘’๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Šโš“
โ€Ž
Luffy is stronger than Zoro, always has been, always will be.

Sun and Moon parallel is also not an own because in case people don't realize, the Sun is like, much much much larger and more destructive than the Moon is. Why do you keep pushing this lol

Sun and Moon parallel is also not an own because in case people don't realize, the Sun is like, much much much larger and more destructive than the Moon is. Why do you keep pushing this lol
that isnt how yin and yang work lol.

the reason they are compared like that is because not only both are needed for ballance but they form a duality.

the sun need the moon and the moon need the sun.

while the sun shine, if its in disagreement with the moon, the moon can block the sunlight regarless of its size making it impossible for it to reach earth.

Rurouni kenshin greatness :steef: i need to re-watch it has been way to long. In a sense this is ultimately why i feel luffy will never be over mihawk not only does he have luffy weakness, in the end the only one that can defeat him is zoro, and for imu the only one that can defeat him is luffy... the same sorta thing going on imo
Not 1-1 copies but I could imagine the following comparisons and also strength ranking. We saw Kenshin vs Seta and it was life and death so it's not like #1 crushes #4. Seta simply had a skill set that was big trouble for Kenshin.

Luffy - Kenshin (all around good genius + work)
BB - Shishio (all around evil genius + work)
Zoro - Saito (pure hard work)
Mihawk - Seta (pure genius)

I guess Imu, Xebec or Dragon could be Hiko Seijuro XIII - a character so strong that they never get to fight because it would be to easy.

Zoro >= Luffy.

- said to be equal in strength in a datebook
- Zoro said to compete for spot 2 or 1, which is the same as >=
- Zoro having a strength related goal, wanting to become the strongest and his name to reach heavens, and we know each Straw Hat will become the very best in the domain he strives for, while Luffy's (Joyboy's) biggest strength is to make those around him his allies.

Having a right hand man stronger than himself is proof of Luffy's true strength.
Crazy as it is :
1/ First Databook was Red Databook ( Strength = 7 ) for both of them

2/ Second Databook was Yellow Databook which said Zoro is as strong as Luffy .

3/ Near the Time Skip ; Vivre Card said Zoro's strength is besides / Next To Luffy's Strength .

4/ Shonen Jump the one who haired Oda and they paid his work ; had a statement of Zoro and Luffy competing for Nr 1 spot of the Crew .

5/ Roof Top Feats made it Clear that Zoro and Luffy have the same level of strength .

And Yet Mfs denied that and clowned Zoro for getting ragdolled and struggling against King whose clone right now had Yonko Luffy with a YC's Help struggling to no vain , Now they are coping , seething , crying about it :vistalaugh:

Crazy as it is :
1/ First Databook was Red Databook ( Strength = 7 ) for both of them

2/ Second Databook was Yellow Databook which said Zoro is as strong as Luffy .

3/ Near the Time Skip ; Vivre Card said Zoro's strength is besides / Next To Luffy's Strength .

4/ Shonen Jump the one who haired Oda and they paid his work ; had a statement of Zoro and Luffy competing for Nr 1 spot of the Crew .

5/ Roof Top Feats made it Clear that Zoro and Luffy have the same level of strength .

And Yet Mfs denied that and clowned Zoro for getting ragdolled and struggling against King whose clone right now had Yonko Luffy with a YC's Help struggling to no vain , Now they are coping , seething , crying about it :vistalaugh:
Not a clone. A heavily stripped down version of the moon child without magma and haki

Indeed equal
That's why Luffy was compared to Great pirates & Oden while Zoro ended his rooftop adventure being mocked by Kaido. He didn't even remember calling him by name and comparing him with Oden

:myman:Indeed Franky = Luffy singe they fought evenly
Imagine using alabaster clash where luffy didn't even take zoro that seriously and was blocking him with mere sandals.

:milaugh:wait...wasn't one you who said "we don't even wank Zoro that much"
I've seen like 10+ threads lately about Zoro wank that he's = Luffy or superior

Something interesting I noticed while rereading. Zoro while using shusui, has comparable attack power to gear 2 and diable jambe.

Zoro asks Sanji to pass Kuma to him (after all the Straw Hats use their attacks), and we see that Luffy and Zoro are the only two who still have a final card up their sleeves.

Clear portrayal from this battle against a foe almost as strong as all of the Straw Hat's combined shows us that Luffy and Zoro are comparable in strength. This is the same arc that introduces Rayleigh (Zoro's parallel) and the Supernova's (that only Luffy and Zoro are apart of).

My point is, even if Luffy looks much stronger than Zoro in Wano, Zoro will catch up and will prove the audience otherwise. Luffy fought an opponent twice as strong in EL yet Zoro still caught up in Thriller Bark. After Luffy beat Katakuri, both him and Zoro undergo CoA training and fight on the rooftop with comparable feats. Then they get advCoC. :kayneshrug:

What does Oda want to tell us about this?
The first time both fought against each other due to a misunderstanding, it was a tie

The time Luffy and Zoro fought together on the rooftop against Kaido n Bm along with the other SNs, Zoro was as impressive as Luffy, if not more

Even now, both are shown to be equally doing nothing against the seraphim:suresure::suresure::suresure:

Mr Morj was right about this
Of course. Oda knows his EOS Top 1s from day 1 :steef:

Zoro >= Luffy.

- said to be equal in strength in a datebook
- Zoro said to compete for spot 2 or 1, which is the same as >=
- Zoro having a strength related goal, wanting to become the strongest and his name to reach heavens, and we know each Straw Hat will become the very best in the domain he strives for, while Luffy's (Joyboy's) biggest strength is to make those around him his allies.

Having a right hand man stronger than himself is proof of Luffy's true strength.
How does that translate to Zoro >= Luffy?
If he's competing for 1 or 2, then it means A <=> B

Anyway, I would've bough the "strength goal" argument, if the entire post TS wasn't Oda riding Luffy 24x7.
Zoro had all his subplots sidelined or abandoned in Wano, supposedly "his arc". I don't think Oda truly cares about anyone except Luffy at this point.

I see it.

I still choose to go by manga though. Zoro needs to prove he can fight at a true top tier level for an extended duration. Like how Zoro proved the could hang along with Luffy in rooftop........a similar scenario is needed.
Mainly because the King vs Zoro fight showed the exact opposite, Zoro could maintain Oden level haki output (i.e top tier haki) only for like 5-10 minutes. While Luffy could fight against Kaido with top tier haki for an extended duration of time.

But yes, I am slowly moving away from Zoro is right in middle between Luffy and Sanji.
There is more evidence pointing towards Zoro is closer to Luffy than to Sanji, both in manga and through official materials

The sun/moon comparison in context is clearly used in the colloquial sense of ying/yang, "two sides of the same coin", light/darkness, self/shadow etc.

I think Luffy is stronger than Zoro of course tho.
But I believe the point of these portrayal is to signify that Zoro is comparable to Luffy. Someone comparable to him, but chooses to stay behind him.
This is why it is repeated in the materials that he is comparable but chooses to stay behind until it is absolutely necessary.

zoro fans and sanji fans are funny reflections of each other

reminds me of how the sanji lot beg whenever hes portrayed with zoro
This is partly true lol.
Going by Wano feats, I think there is a significant gap between Luffy and Zoro, and between Zoro and Sanji.

But why is it that official materials consistently compare Zoro's power with Luffy's? Like, this is quite consistent really.

Are there any such comparisons made for Sanji to Zoro?
I'm asking because I don't follow these materials around........... maybe they do exist, Sanji fans here can point to that.