Character Discussion Who’s a Better Character Luffy or Goku?

Thoughts?

• Total voters
What top tiers? Saturns still fighting and Kizarus only down because he’s depressed
Luffy defeated kaido, knocked out kizaru twice. when zoro has a comparable feat then we can talk. If you genuinely think fluffy and zoro are close in power level then I have nothing to say with you. I am not ready to argue with a brick wall

Luffy defeated kaido, knocked out kizaru twice. when zoro has a comparable feat then we can talk. If you genuinely think fluffy and zoro are close in power level then I have nothing to say with you. I am not ready to argue with a brick wall
Knocked out Kizaru a total of 0 times. Luffy defeated Kaido after he was nerfed and Luffy needed a lot of help to do it.

And I don’t think they’re close, but actively lying about Luffy beating any top tier in a fair fight is stupid

Knocked out Kizaru a total of 0 times. Luffy defeated Kaido after he was nerfed and Luffy needed a lot of help to do it.

And I don’t think they’re close, but actively lying about Luffy beating any top tier in a fair fight is stupid
do you think zoro and fluffy are similar in powerlevel (extreme diff)

This should be an easy win for Luffy as he was more involved than Goku ever was preskip. Though post skip he's less of a character. Lucky for Luffy that super ruined everyone's characters as well.
I’m sorry but In 2024 we need to realize that Toriyama’s Dragon Ball series ended in 1996, He had little involvement in GT , and little involvement in Super.

I agree that Goku is a better character *and I would argue that Dragonball is an overall better manga too* but the irony here is that Toriyama ended up flanderizing Goku in Super and turning him into a more luffy-like character: dumb and reckless.

It would be hard for me to give this to Luffy. Up until enis lobby Luffy had the potential to be the best main character of all time. Beating out even demons like Yusuke Urameshi. Though after Franky built that ship. Oda put a fucking swing on it because I guess he thought we wanted to see Luffy swing. He put luffy's ears on luffy's face rather than his neck. Made his face look like a girl' took away his muscle and his country demeanor. He made Luffy into a watered down girl kid version of the eastblue Luffy that I loved. Luffy lost the grit in his character and only kept it in his fights. I mean the straw hats were more about fashion than being pirates by 2011 12 13 they were doing all out fashion shows and in retrospect that was a bad thing. Even if we liked the drip for sometime.

Idk man, pre-g5 Luffy (especially pre-ts) clears Goku easily. They’re literally the same character vibe though but Goku doesn’t even have a concrete goal or something lol.

There’s a threat that arrives and he responds, he’s a superman that trains all the time. He’s also a deadbeat. That’s pretty much Goku’s entire character. Dunno why the poll is so one-sided, maybe nostalgia goggles.