Who are the 5 strongest characters of ASOIAF?

@NikaInParis @ConquistadoR @TheKnightOfTheSea I had underestimated Sandoq big time lmao. This guy:

- Was a veteran pit fighter in Mereen, with a hundred wins to his name.

- He protected the king against a member of the Kingsguard and a dozen guardsmen, slaying all of them on the drawbridge. Literally this feat doesn't even sound believable lmfao.

- Used a Valyrian steel blade.

Holy shit. Lol.

@NikaInParis @ConquistadoR @TheKnightOfTheSea I had underestimated Sandoq big time lmao. This guy:

- Was a veteran pit fighter in Mereen, with a hundred wins to his name.

- He protected the king against a member of the Kingsguard and a dozen guardsmen, slaying all of them on the drawbridge. Literally this feat doesn't even sound believable lmfao.

- Used a Valyrian steel blade.

Holy shit. Lol.
One of my favorite blink-and-you'll-miss-him characters

The White Bull might also be up there. Jaime takes pride in having learned from him amongst the others and it's still Jaime who puts Gerold in that list of men stronger than him. The commander of Aerys Kingsguard at one point.

Yeah @Bullet @Elder Lee Hung Gerold in his prime might potentially defeat any of the likes of Robert, the Hound, Greatjon etc. He is in that ballpark for sure. He might have been even more skilled.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
The White Bull might also be up there. Jaime takes pride in having learned from him amongst the others and it's still Jaime who puts Gerold in that list of men stronger than him. The commander of Aerys Kingsguard at one point.

Yeah @Bullet @Elder Lee Hung Gerold in his prime might potentially defeat any of the likes of Robert, the Hound, Greatjon etc. He is in that ballpark for sure. He might have been even more skilled.
Gerold was a beast indeed.

The one Kingsguard I think is super underrated historically is Ryam Redwyne. Dude was legit one of the best tourney fighters of all time. Nobody fucked with Jahaerys so he never got to show himself in actual combat, but the dude was borderline undefeatable in tournament lol.

I remember when Ryam Redwyne and Corwyn Cobb (?) broke 30 lances against each other before Jahaerys finally ended the joust and declared them both co-champions, calling it “the finest display of jousting in history” lol

The one Kingsguard I think is super underrated historically is Ryam Redwyne. Dude was legit one of the best tourney fighters of all time. Nobody fucked with Jahaerys so he never got to show himself in actual combat, but the dude was borderline undefeatable in tournament lol.

I remember when Ryam Redwyne and Corwyn Cobb (?) broke 30 lances against each other before Jahaerys finally ended the joust and declared them both co-champions, calling it “the finest display of jousting in history” lol
Ryam Redwyne was considered the best knight of his time and is one of most legendary Kingsguard in the lore. I think he was probably ~ Arthur, Selmy, Jaime.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
Ryam Redwyne was considered the best knight of his time and is one of most legendary Kingsguard in the lore. I think he was probably ~ Arthur, Selmy, Jaime.
Ryam was an abysmal Hand of the King lol but a shockingly accomplished Kingsguard. He like, never lost and constantly placed first in Kingdom-wide tourneys where all of the best knights showed up lol.

I think the Hound is up there too tbh. People don’t talk about the fact that he beat Jaime in a joust in GOT.

Ryam was an abysmal Hand of the King lol but a shockingly accomplished Kingsguard. He like, never lost and constantly placed first in Kingdom-wide tourneys where all of the best knights showed up lol.

I think the Hound is up there too tbh. People don’t talk about the fact that he beat Jaime in a joust in GOT.
I'd say the Hound was maybe the second best fighter from Westeros at the start of the series. The first being Jaime and nonetheless Sandor would be a tough match for him.

He was never "covered in glory" as other knights, but his actual prowess is undeniable.

I'd say the Hound was maybe the second best fighter from Westeros at the start of the series. The first being Jaime and nonetheless Sandor would be a tough match for him.

He was never "covered in glory" as other knights, but his actual prowess is undeniable.
Probably top 3 goes:
Jaime
Hound
Mountain

With old Selmy coming in at 5-6 or as well.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars

To amend my statement, apparently Ryam was said to have bested “terrible foes”, so he definitely beat some good fighters in real combat. It’s interesting that Fire and Blood only makes mention of him as a tourney fighter and doesn’t mention any such foes.

It’s possible this aspect of his history may have been fabricated since the only records the Maesters have of Redwyne was him utterly dominating in tournament. And it’s not clear that anyone was really fucking with Jahaerys like that when he had Vermithor and other dragons.