Current Events Who Defeats Jack?

Who Defeats Jack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
There are a few basic options that I've heard mentioned. I'll cover the cases (as best as I understand them) for and against the characters that I think are plausible at this point in time:
  1. Inuarashi
  2. Yamato
  3. Killer
  4. Law

The order they appear is how likely I think they are as Jack's opponent.

Characters that I've heard about, but don't currently consider plausible:
  • Jimbe
    • He's currently engaged with Who's Who and has been fighting him for over an hour.
    • Who's Who is fighting him in Base and hasn't been pushed to his Hybrid form yet.
    • Who's Who appears to be his arc opponent.
  • Luffy
    • He's plummeting to the bottom of the sea.
    • When he returns to battle, it'll be vs Kaido.
  • Zoro
    • He's not in fighting shape currently.
    • If he does start fighting again, it'll likely be against King or a second round with Kaido.
  • Nekomamushi
    • Inuarashi asked the Scabbards to head on and decided to stop Jack himself.
    • He's on his way to fight Perospero.

I think I'll give all the above 4 <= 15% chances.

Inuarashi
The Case For
He has a very strong narrative to defeat Jack.

In fact, Inuarashi is the only character who has an extensive grudge and narrative build-up for his conflict with Jack:
  • Jack attacked his country
  • He fought Jack for 5 Days with Nekomamushi
  • Jack laid waste to his country and his people with poison gas
  • Jack tortured him
    • He lost one of his legs to Jack's torture
  • Together with Nekomamushi, he defeated Jack in Sulong.
  • Jack sought the Dukes and Raizo out to finish things with them.
    • He specifically prevented Black Maria from going after the Scabbards so that he could deal with them himself
    • He defeated several Mink soldiers to get to them.
  • Inuarashi stayed behind to stop Jack and prevent new victims:

My God, the amount of narrative build up for Jack to be defeated at the hands of one of the Dukes is something else. And people want Oda to throw all of that away? For a fight that has zero setup? Because their headcanons do not agree with what the narrative suggests?

In terms of feel good storytelling and a compelling narrative, Inuarashi makes the most sense to defeat Jack.

He gets bonus points as well, because he's actually currently fighting Jack.

The Case Against
Inuarashi might not be strong enough. The Dukes were unable to overcome Jack over the course of 5 days even while each Duke only fought for 12 hours and Jack was fighting non stop. This was while both Dukes were fully healthy, and now, Inuarashi is missing a leg.

Nekomamushi (his equal) is set up to fight Perospero who appears to be weaker than Jack.

He's not a Strawhat, and it might be the case that only the Strawhats defeat the Beast Pirate executives.

It may be the case that all the Scabbards will be defeated. Even if that is true, Kinemon defeated his arc opponent in Kanjuro before Kaido bonked him, so it's not the case that all the Scabbards are destined to lose to their arc opponents.

Conclusions
I think Inuarashi is the singular candidate with the highest likelihood. If I had to bet on someone defeating Jack, I'll pick him.

Yamato
The Case For
She's a prospective Strawhat and fits to defeat an executive of the Beast Pirate has one.

She's the same age as Jack, and considering that Jack appears to have been on Wano 20 years ago, she might have grown up with him.

She might be on the same floor as Jack:

The Beast Pirate fodder seem to believe that she's carrying Momonosuke:

If Jack is informed of this, he might head over to face her after he deals with Inuarashi.

The Case Against
She has no actual narrative to face Jack. Her growing up with Jack is essentially headcanon and there's been no indication of it in the manga.

Black Maria is also near Yamato in age (29), though there's admittedly no indication that she was with the Beast Pirates 20 years ago.

All her narrative is to face Kaido. See:
  1. Yamato's Desire to Face Kaido
  2. Are You Excited for Yamato vs Kaido?

It feels like Kaido will be her main fight this arc and not Jack.

Conclusions
She's the second most likely candidate after Inuarashi.

I would still bet on Inuarashi over her. Inuarashi has a very strong narrative to defeat Jack and Yamato has a very strong narrative to face Kaido. I think the strength of their narrative should take precedence.

Killer
The Case Against
If Jack defeats Inuarashi and Killer defeats Hawkins, Killer could fight Jack afterwards.

Both of them use scythes as they're main weapons.

The Case Against
There is no narrative suggesting this matchup. Killer actually has narrative setup for his battle with Hawkins, and Hawkins may be his main fight this arc.

Killer is not a Strawhat, so there is no sort of meta narrative to suggest that he should defeat one of the Beast Pirate executives.

Conclusions
This is pretty unlikely as a matchup. I'll give this <= 10% chances.

Law
The Case Against
If Inuarashi defeats Jack he and Yamato are the only people not engaged in any matchup and are free to deal with him.

The Case Against
He's way too important for his 1 vs 1 fight this arc to be Jack. As a fighter, he's far more capable than Sanji, so the chances of him getting a 1 vs 1 against an opponent inferior to Sanji's are miniscule.

There is no narrative for this matchup.

Law is actually heading to fight Big Mom, and there's not much reason to think that he'll change course to fight someone as irrelevant as Jack.

Conclusions
Really unlikely, I'll give this <= 5% chances.

Others
For the other characters I didn't treat above like Kidd, Linlin, etc., I'll give <= 3% chances.

Conclusions
It's most likely Inuarashi or Yamato that defeats Jack. I'll give their combined chances >= 67%. Of the two of them, Inuarashi is my favourite. I don't intuitively feel like he's twice as likely to defeat Jack as Yamato though.

My main issue is that I don't know how much stock I place in the meta narrative arguments (Strawhat patterns, expectations from previous arcs, the traditional formula, etc). The meta narrative predicted a few things regarding Zoro:
  1. His arc opponent will be King.
    • He's a swordsman and Kaido's strongest subordinate.
  2. He wouldn't fight Kaido.
    • He almost never has serious fights with the main arc antagonist.

Prediction #2 was a collosal failure, but the jury is still out on prediction #1.

If Zoro starts fighting King or Marco gets defeated, I'll update towards Yamato beating Jack.

If Marco defeats King, Zoro leaves the Live Floor without fighting King, or Zoro fights Kaido again, I'll update towards Inuarashi defeating Jack.

Unfortunately, King will probably only be defeated after Jack, but a Marco defeat could still provide useful information.

That said, the narrative arguments haven't had perfect track records either.

On Zoro, the narrative predicted:
  1. Zoro fighting Kaido.
  2. Zoro giving Kaido a new scar.
  3. Kaido comparing Zoro to Oden.
  4. Kaido acknowledging Zoro as the monster Samurai on par with Oden.

#1 and #2 were successful, but when I expected #3 to happen (Zoro replicated a feat that only Oden had previously performed in scarring Kaido) it did not. Unless Zoro faces Kaido again, I can't be that confident in the narrative based arguments.

To summarise:
  • Inuarashi: >= 40%
  • Yamato >= 27%
  • Luffy, Zoro, Jimbe, Nekomamushi: <= 15%
  • Killer: <= 10%
  • Law: <= 5%
  • Rest: <= 3%

Something like the above I guess.

My problem with Jack is that Oda missed the best way to put him down when he had him defeated by Inuarashi and Nekomamushi on the rooftop.

If Oda built some interesting relationship between Yamato and Jack it would be a great showdown for them; after all, they could be easily related as they're both the same age, Jack joined the Beasts Pirates as a kid and both kind of fit as "sons" of Kaido. If Oda want to give this versus some depth, they can be turned into childhood friends who don't want to face each other but have to because they are in different sides of history, even with a higher touch of melodrama (imagine they both end up entering awakening mode in spite of not controlling it because they just want to lose consciousness of that conflict and let their beastly, wild transformation decide for them).

But I doubt he will follow that route at this point, to be honest, so I don't know. Jack should have gone for Inuarashi and Nekomamushi working together and getting proper revenge. Either Inu doing it alone or Nekomamushi joining him now will feel lackluster and repetitive because we already had their rooftop clash and victory on the minks, although maybe Oda was saving his hybrid form for this second and final round.

Honestly, it might be Yamato! Inu might be too injured and Yamato is on her way towards the roof yet she doesn’t know Kaido has come down, good chance she crosses paths w Jack. I will say it’s very important for her to meet and interact w Kaido on panel so maybe not unless the fight is brief.

Considering that there is at least SOME possibility to Oda setting up these current fights to only exist for the alliance members being defeated and part of the Scabbards actually dying, I wouldn't be surprised if Inuarashi is getting killed by Jack, giving Nekomamushi an even greater reason to put him down.

Otherwise, it's probably Inuarashi. Yamato would be pretty forced at the moment.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
My problem with Jack is that Oda missed the best way to put him down when he had him defeated by Inuarashi and Nekomamushi on the rooftop.
That was probably too early for Jack to be defeated. Oda may intend for the Calamities to be defeated after the Tobi Roppo.

Jack joined the Beasts Pirates as a kid and both kind of fit as "sons" of Kaido.
There's no indication that Jack is a "son" of Kaido. Not only is there no indication for this, the manga indicated that their relationship is otherwise.

Kaido described Jack as merely one of his best men.

Jack regards Kaido with the same reverence that the other Beast Pirate executives (bar Ulti) show him.

We've seen Father - son relationships between captain and crew mate vis the Whitebeard Pirates, and Jack and Kaido share nothing of the sort.

If Oda want to give this versus some depth, they can be turned into childhood friends who don't want to face each other but have to because they are in different sides of history
Well, the manga doesn't support the notion of them being childhood friends. Yamato doesn't seem to have been happy with or on cordial terms with the Beast Pirates.

When Ace attacked even though she disliked the destruction he brought about, she stated that she was under no obligation to protect the island.

Jack showed no reaction to the various times Yamato's name was mentioned or to mentions that the Tobi Roppo need to capture Yamato.

Yamato being friends with Jack seems unlikely as well. The way she speaks about Ace and her flashback with him gave strong impressions that Ace was her first (and only) friend.

I know you said you don't expect this, but this entire scenario is fanfiction, and it isn't just any fanfiction either, it's fanfiction that's contraindicated by the manga. This isn't a fanfiction that the manga supports.

It's possible that Yamato and Jack had a sort of meaningful relationship growing up due to their similar ages, but the manga has been indicating otherwise so far.

Like there's nothing in the manga actually suggesting they had a meaningful relationship, and there are several things suggesting they did not.

@Topi Jerami.

Either Inu doing it alone or Nekomamushi joining him now will feel lackluster and repetitive because we already had their rooftop clash and victory on the minks, although maybe Oda was saving his hybrid form for this second and final round.
Yeah, the Calamities were probably always going to fall after the Tobi Roppo; it was simply too early for Jack to fall back then.

I think Inuarashi finally beating Jack for good now will be satisfying. He's no longer fighting for vengeance but to stop Jack from making any more victims. Winning with such pure motives would be nice.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Either Law or Yamato(believe more in Law), Inu is going to lose and Law can proof himself to beat a YC3lvl character,showing he beeing now stronger then Doffy.
So much wrong here.
  • Doflamingo isn't a YC 3 character.
  • Law's feats on the Rooftop already place him at the High High Tier minimum.
  • Law is not going to fight someone weaker than Sanji's opponent.
  • Law is heading to fight Linlin.

Jack will be defeat by Jinbe and only Jinbe.
Then why has Jimbe been stuck with Who's Who for over an hour?
:choppawhat:

S

stealthblack

zoro vs king

sanji vs queen

yamato vs jack

the new M3 of the straw hats

POOR JIMBE, former walrord, 420m bounty, NW veteran, aquaman, but he will be reduced to number 5 in the crew

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Honestly, it might be Yamato! Inu might be too injured and Yamato is on her way towards the roof yet she doesn’t know Kaido has come down, good chance she crosses paths w Jack. I will say it’s very important for her to meet and interact w Kaido on panel so maybe not unless the fight is brief.
Yamato heard Bao Huang's announcement that Kaido defeated Luffy:

And that he is heading below the Rooftop for clean up:

She should know that Kaido is no longer on the Rooftop.

Then why has Jimbe been stuck with Who's Who for over an hour?
:choppawhat:
Just for the sake of dragging the plot, which Oda loves to do. Eventually, Franky will replace Jinbe in the fight against WsW after Sasaki realizes that Franky is Kokoro's friend.

This is what's going to happen: Franky and Sasaki will become friends, Franky will convince Sasaki that Luffy is capable of defeating Kaido and then Sasaki will join the alliance against Kaido. Inuarashi will lose to Jack and Jinbe will rush there to save him, WsW will pursue Jinbe but Franky will stop him, allowing Jinbe to save Inuarashi and confront Jack. The fact that WsW vs Jinbe is fully off screened is the biggest proof that it's not Jinbe's main fight/much up; just like Jack vs Inuarashi is not Jack's main fight for this arc, hence it's off screened. I've said it many, many times in the past and I'll say it again: Kaido is going to be defeated by Luffy, King is going to be defeated by Zoro, Queen is going to be defeated by Sanji, Jack is going to be defeated by Jinbe. What's so difficult about that for god's sake?

Jack vs Jinbe is the perfect much up for these characters, you have to be an absolute imbecile to not see this.
  • Jack is a Fishman just like Jinbe.
  • Jack's epithet is "the drought" while Jinbe's epithet is "the son of the seas."
  • Jinbe's fighting style is perfect for damaging big tough guys, and Jack is a big tough guy.
  • Jack is the third strongest fighter in Kaido's crew just like Jinbe is the third strongest fighter in Luffy's crew.
How the fuck can you not see this? I've said for fucking 1000th time and people still wonder who is going to defeat King, Queen, Jack.

Last edited: