Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
1 Charred Body was Nigel Bunyan.
2 The murderer was Clive Swift
3 To trick the police.
4 James Moriarty
5 To recover the diamonds.
6 The Hotel.
Might have been to trick Moriarty I guess, or there is specific wording that I'm guessing.

I am content. Thanks for the game.
Was *this* close. Think I did pretty well despite having less clues than everyone else.

Was *this* close. Think I did pretty well despite having less clues than everyone else.
I tried to resist whatever game you might be playing with your bluff but I couldn’t help myself but to start visiting the places you had visited to see what you had found that I hadn’t lol.

Ratchet

For posterity, @Pot Goblin

I was mostly just set on it being to trick the police, but I saw the angle for him to fool Moriarty with Moriarty needing to "recover" the diamonds. Objectively, I could have caught it, but given that I kept getting silenced or movement blocked I ended up settling on the police.

Ratchet

I tried to resist whatever game you might be playing with your bluff but I couldn’t help myself but to start visiting the places you had visited to see what you had found that I hadn’t lol.
A lot of the answers I discovered by deduction rather than a clue. Moriarty being the killer of Clive mainly. I could see the story behind the questions, it really just came down to whether it was to fool the police or fool Moriarty.

Ratchet

A lot of the answers I discovered by deduction rather than a clue. Moriarty being the killer of Clive mainly. I could see the story behind the questions, it really just came down to whether it was to fool the police or fool Moriarty.
Like these were the answers I posted at the start of the game:
Early assumptions -
1 Charred Body was L. J. Oldershaw.
2 The murderer was Royston Farrell
3 To hide the identity of the corpse.
4 Royston Farrell
5 To reclaim the diamonds.
6 The Bank

From there it was just swapping and changing the names to see which made the most sense.

I did the same thing for a few. Once I had a few key pieces I only couldn’t guess for myself the hidden place and the charred body identity.

Figured if you were close to guess you had to have some clues to those 2 so tried going where you went to see if I could find a lead for either of those.

I got lucky finding recovery clue a few days before I guessed I because I had penciled that one in as “stealing”

Ratchet

My only complaint would be that the mystery is in violation of Knox's 1st, Indigo, with Moriarty being a direct culprit but not mentioned in the main text. I actually began to ponder whether the boat captain was related to Moriarty, but after I got that answer checker I didn't need to consider it any longer.

I got the final clue on the charred body from Fuji.

But I got silenced and couldn’t submit and then wound up getting the clue for myself the next phase anyway lol.

I

Indigo

few things i would change on a second game:

- Pair players up, so they can discuss the case, clues, ability usage and also strategy of exploring the clues. Would also make the game shorter, which i think would be better.

- Process actions like night phase mafia, collect all of them, consider them in a order of priority and then make one big WU

- make a more complex case, this first one was designed to be more simple and straight forward, since i was testing the concept of this tabletop game as a forum game

I

Indigo

@Indigo What about the Bigby Wolf role? Was this a complete fake role?
Yeah, i just made a fake role that didn't have actual abilities ready, to making finding L harder.

But i basically thought of how they would work:

Wolf Form - Can't be stopped and can visit two locations on that round. (one shot)

Half-Werewolf Form - Can't be stunned.

Werewolf Form - Can choose a player to stop or to stun. (three shots)

Human Form - didn't think about this one though lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.