Character Discussion Who is a better character? Nami or Vinsmoke Sanji?

R1: Who is a better character? / R2: Who do you enjoy more?

• Total voters

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
"she doesn't take the ship to laugh tale" yes that is Jinbei and Franky's job dude.
You need to understand how navigation works. It is the navigator that decides how many degrees the rudder needs to be rotated, at what speed, the ship needs to move, which path to take etc. etc. Helmsman follows the instruction of the navigator and steers the ship accordingly. Jinbei needs instruction from Nami and Nami needs the map from Robin.

In addition, Laugh Tale is likely not located in a calm area of the sea. If that was the case, people would find Laugh Tale just by happenstance (unless Laugh Tale is an unassuming island). More likely, Laugh Tale is located in a very difficult path that cannot be sailed easily like Skypeia. So, Nami will be useful there too. And before you bring up Roger Pirates going there, they also managed to go to Skypeia, so they definitely had a fairly good navigator (Scopper Gaban, iirc).

Nami's backstory and arc was really, really good. I wish she would've kept up that pace of growth. We don't see much of her personality anymore, though, and she barely interacts with the monster trio. Maybe Zeus will be a turning point for her to become well-rounded again. Or maybe she'll do some kickass S class navigating on the way to the next island and we'll see more of her than just reaction shots and gags.

Whether or not you think Sanji is a creep is irrelevant. He is a more nuanced, more fleshed-out character who has shown growth and change.

You need to understand how navigation works. It is the navigator that decides how many degrees the rudder needs to be rotated, at what speed, the ship needs to move, which path to take etc. etc. Helmsman follows the instruction of the navigator and steers the ship accordingly. Jinbei needs instruction from Nami and Nami needs the map from Robin.

In addition, Laugh Tale is likely not located in a calm area of the sea. If that was the case, people would find Laugh Tale just by happenstance (unless Laugh Tale is an unassuming island). More likely, Laugh Tale is located in a very difficult path that cannot be sailed easily like Skypeia. So, Nami will be useful there too. And before you bring up Roger Pirates going there, they also managed to go to Skypeia, so they definitely had a fairly good navigator (Scopper Gaban, iirc).
You need to understand how story works. Oda has created vivre cards therefore Nami equals useless. I don't care about what you think navigation is, the story thinks otherwise.

If Laugh Tale is located in a difficult path then Nami is going to be even more useless. Nami can't even get to one island to another without vivre cards and yet here you are saying how difficult getting to Laugh Tale is going to be. Learn how story works dude.

You need to understand how story works. Oda has created vivre cards therefore Nami equals useless. I don't care about what you think navigation is, the story thinks otherwise.

If Laugh Tale is located in a difficult path then Nami is going to be even more useless. Nami can't even get to one island to another without vivre cards and yet here you are saying how difficult getting to Laugh Tale is going to be. Learn how story works dude.
What the fuck are you talking about? Log poses still work and we still have eternal poses. Why the fuck does she need vivre card?

What the fuck are you talking about? Log poses still work and we still have eternal poses. Why the fuck does she need vivre card?
Dude, let us take this really slow because you are obviously having a hard time understanding.

Vivre cards and log poses are two mechanism in which sailors can use to travel to one place to another thus making the navigator title more unnecessary. Vivre cards was used more recently over log poses, for example to get to Zou, thus log poses weren't as important as it initially was. Now that vivre cards were introduced people like Luffy can travel from Dressrosa to Zou without Nami and people like Zoro can travel to Zou to Wano without Nami because that is exactly what happened in the story. Bartolomeo had no navigator and was able to travel the new world.

Now regarding Laugh Tale, the person who is going to be the equivalent to the vivre card, in other word the map, will be Robin. The person who can steer the ship is Jinbei. If the strawhats encounter any obstacles to get to Laugh Tale, Jinbei is a Fishman therefore he can use the sea monsters to help them navigate through the trenches, making Nami again completely useless.

Dude, let us take this really slow because you are obviously having a hard time understanding.

Vivre cards and log poses are two mechanism in which sailors can use to travel to one place to another thus making the navigator title more unnecessary. Vivre cards was used more recently over log poses, for example to get to Zou, thus log poses weren't as important as it initially was. Now that vivre cards were introduced people like Luffy can travel from Dressrosa to Zou without Nami and people like Zoro can travel to Zou to Wano without Nami because that is exactly what happened in the story. Bartolomeo had no navigator and was able to travel the new world.

Now regarding Laugh Tale, the person who is going to be the equivalent to the vivre card, in other word the map, will be Robin. The person who can steer the ship is Jinbei. If the strawhats encounter any obstacles to get to Laugh Tale, Jinbei is a Fishman therefore he can use the sea monsters to help them navigate through the trenches, making Nami again completely useless.
Except a map doesn’t point at any direction. A map is a map, it shows where East, West, South, North are and where a specific location is compared to that East, West, South and North on the paper. A navigator has to decipher that and apply it to real sea. Dude, have you ever navigated anything without using Google Maps?

Secondly, you still haven’t understand what you mean by Nami can't go to another island without Vivre Card.

Except a map doesn’t point at any direction. A map is a map, it shows where East, West, South, North are and where a specific location is compared to that East, West, South and North on the paper. A navigator has to decipher that and apply it to real sea. Dude, have you ever navigated anything without using Google Maps?

Secondly, you still haven’t understand what you mean by Nami can't go to another island without Vivre Card.
And your definition of navigation is contrary to the actual story thus why I said, "you need to understand how story works". The way navigation works in One Piece is: here is map/mechanism, it points to the desired destination, you steer your sheep, done. That is the definition of navigation in One Piece. You can create your own elaborate definition of navigation all you want, but that isn't how it works in the story. Did Luffy "decipher" anything when he traveled from Dressrosa to Zou? Did Bartomaelo "decipher" anything when he travel in the new world?

Tje one good thing about One Piece is the crew has about equal amounts of value. the crew has equal amounts of epic moments and sympathetic story line. Mostly post timeskip though there is a descrepenct in how oda treats the crew. As on there are characters who were treated badly.

Sanji's character was defenitly treated worse than Nami. Nami has lived up to her hype tenfold and Sanji hasnt gotten nearly the hype we think he deserves.

post time skip there are chatacters that have been treated badly or even ruined(usopp) and charwcters who have recieved unlimited love and hype and still ruined(Zoro)

@lee33, you complete midwit. Robin isn't giving any damn map to laugh tale. What contained in the road poneglyph are raw and need to be translated into an actual map, with Robin herself requesting Nami's help for this.

All this drivel and you don't even read the series
Thanks for proving my point, midwit. Robin does all the work to 'decipher' the location and Nami draws the location. Nami sure is useful. Also, I like how you completely neglected the context of that panel. Inu explains the whole process to them while Nami does nothing.

Last edited:
@lee33, you complete midwit. Robin isn't giving any damn map to laugh tale. What contained in the road poneglyph are raw and need to be translated into an actual map, with Robin herself requesting Nami's help for this (i let you get what it implies )

All this drivel and you don't even read the series
@lee33 doesn't read one piece.
He simply hates on it for his naruto agenda,
and I love Naruto.
:kayneshrug:

Thanks for proving my point, midwit. Robin does all the work to 'decipher' the location and Nami draws the location. Nami sure is useful.
No just *drawing" for the fun , the poneglyphs alone won't automatically give you the destination. We see it in Roger flashback. Even after getting all the road poneglyph they needed several daysto figure out the location. (as they got their last road in Zou and only finished finding the location in another island).

Tbe difference between you and me is that I read the series and ain't clouded by my bias

@lee33 doesn't read one piece.
He simply hates on it for his naruto agenda,
and I love Naruto.
:kayneshrug:
I know, it's my last reply anyway:yearight: