Current Events Who is Yamato Fighting?

Who's Yamato Fighting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
In Chapter 1003, CP 0 talks about needing to take down the Beast Pirate executives to successfully win the war:

We are shown the status of the other combatant Strawhats:
  • Franky is fighting Sasaki
  • Sanji is running away from Maria
  • Nami and Usopp are running away from Ulti
  • Jimbe is fighting Who's Who
  • And we see Yamato Fighting somebody while leading Momonosuke and Shinobu

All the other Strawhats shown in the scan above where engaged with the Tobi Roppo (one group of the executives CP 0 mentioned), so I would expect that Yamato was engaged with an executive themselves.

Of the Tobi Roppo, all but Page One seem to be spoken for:
  • Who's Who: Jimbe
  • Sasaki: Franky
  • Drake: Defected
  • Black Maria: Sanji
  • Ulti: Nami
  • Page One: ???
Ulti and Pay Pay have seemed to move as a unit, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's not too far behind. It'll also be fitting if the sibling duo of the Strawhats (Nami & Usopp) defeated the sibling duo of the Beast Pirates (Ulti & Pay Pay).

It is possible that Pay Pay has gone off to do his own thing, but I still wouldn't expect him to come into conflict with Yamato. If any of the Tobi Roppo were to be their opponent, I would expect it to be Ulti due to her grudge towards Yamato for knocking her out.

Of the executives, this leaves the Calamities. Marco was occupying King and Queen, and they were regardless in the main hall to protect access to the rooftop. It's possible that they've gotten around Marco, but I wouldn't expect them to change location/leave, and on priors, I wouldn't expect King or Queen to be Yamato's final opponent (I think Sanji and/or Drake will be responsible for Queen, and Marco or Zoro will take down King). I do think it's more likely Yamato faces King than Queen, but I would expect it to be neither.

This leaves us with Jack, and we know he was recovering his strength after his beating at the hands of the Sulong Dukes. It's plausible he's come back to action and is currently occupying Yamato.

Alternatively, Yamato is just dealing with fodder or some Numbers.

What do you guys think?

I always thought Yamato's opponent would be Fukurokujuu, but with scabbards down, and every Tobi Roppo busy fighting, Momonosuke is still free, the only Beast Pirate top executive left to capture him, it's Jack.. They are my two favorites, but if i have to cast a vote i would say Fukurokujuu.

Orochi, *IF* he is alive. Gotta make true to that japanese mithology. If not then, who knows, maybe Ulti? but i dont see Ulti putting much of a fight after how she fodderized Ulti last time. She is protecting Momo soo she will fight whoever tries to harm him, jack or someone from CP-0 might be it.

After all this Ace and Oden talk I don’t see why she isn’t fighting alongside Luffy on the roof. She’s too strong to be a glorified baby sitter, she didn’t need to leave Sasaki to Franky when she herself is stronger than Franky imo.
Post automatically merged:

Jack the easiest answer. He has been mia for so many characters chapters he wasn't there on the higher floors to stop Luffy and company.

I would like her to fight Kaido eventually since she showed the desire to.
Fighting Jack seems so random for her lol

After all this Ace and Oden talk I don’t see why she isn’t fighting alongside Luffy on the roof. She’s too strong to be a glorified baby sitter, she didn’t need to leave Sasaki to Franky when she herself is stronger than Franky imo.

Fighting Jack seems so random for her lol
Same could be said about Jinbei fighting Who's who however but doesnt mean the fight cant happen for some time.

I dont see anyone else there being able to handle a serious Yamato, maybe CP0 group but it doesn't seem like they will be apart of the fighting anytime soon if not at all.

Same could be said about Jinbei fighting Who's who however but the fight still can happen.

I dont see anyone else there being able to handle a serious Yamato, maybe CP0 group but it doesn't seem like they will be apart of the fighting anytime soon if not at all.
But I mean that immediately didn’t become random when Oda gave us the fact that Who who’s and Jinbe have either met before or know eachother. Yamato fighting Jack can be exactly the same as her fighting anyone from the Beast pirates.

You know the more I think about it she’s probably gonna fight alongside the rooftop 5 and fight Kaido. We still haven’t gotten anything about their relationship or really any story about them. If we’re getting Yamato flashback it’s happening in the middle of her clashing with Kaido.

But I mean that immediately didn’t become random when Oda gave us the fact that Who who’s and Jinbe have either met before or know eachother. Yamato fighting Jack can be exactly the same as her fighting anyone from the Beast pirates.
Right, to fix the randomness Oda can do something similar to what he did with Jinbei and Who's who.

They both are fairly young, he could talk about them constantly sparring together and having a history or something else for example..if they fight its likely to be a short class, she needs to go up against Kaido eventually

Oda has alot of options and if the current match ups remains the same there's no one there left to fight Jack aside from Drake who already said he will protect Chopper and co

Right, to fix the randomness Oda can do something similar to what he did with Jinbei and Who's who.

They both are fairly young, he could talk about them constantly sparring together and having a history or something else for example..

Oda has alot of options and if the current match ups remains the same there's no one there left to fight Jack aside from Drake who already said he will protect Chopper and co
Yeah I do like that, I was going to mention the age thing, with them being around the same age and as it seems Kaido cares more about Jack than he does his own daughter lol

They both are fairly young, he could talk about them constantly sparring together and having a history or something else for example..if they fight its likely to be a short class, she needs to go up against Kaido eventually

I’d actually rather Drake fight Jack that would be niceeee

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I always thought Yamato's opponent would be Fukurokujuu, but with scabbards down, and every Tobi Roppo busy fighting, Momonosuke is still free, the only Beast Pirate top executive left to capture him, it's Jack.. They are my two favorites, but if i have to cast a vote i would say Fukurokujuu.
Why Fukurokujuu?
:choppawhat:

Orochi, *IF* he is alive. Gotta make true to that japanese mithology.
What myth connects Yamato and Orochi?
:choppawhat:

If not then, who knows, maybe Ulti? but i dont see Ulti putting much of a fight after how she fodderized Ulti last time.
Ulti is chasing Nami and Usopp.