General & Others Who still thinks Zoro surpasses Oden this arc ?

Would Zoro defeat Oden in 1 vs 1 combat at the end of Wano ?

• Total voters
bullshit

Kaido consider Oden in same breath as Kings of 3 Eras ....

while calling Luffy a brat and a littlie monster and tank their attack with smile
You realize Kaido is going to be proven wrong right. Lol Shonen one v one. Yes he smiling because its going to be a good fight. You realize Kaido thing is he doesn't want boring world and he wants good fights. After he told BM to stand back let him see these guys really got he starts smiling. Xause he enjoying himself. When the sccabards showed him what they really got, he said they are weak and not monsters. Also take note: He calling them little monsters off of their opening attacks. Onigiri isn't a high level 3 sword style attack. Thats normally Zoro opening attack.

You realize Kaido is going to be proven wrong right. Lol Shonen one v one. Yes he smiling because its going to be a good fight. You realize Kaido thing is he doesn't want boring world and he wants good fights. After he told BM to stand back let him see these guys really got he starts smiling. Xause he enjoying himself. When the sccabards showed him what they really got, he said they are weak and not monsters. Also take note: He calling them little monsters off of their opening attacks. Onigiri isn't a high level 3 sword style attack. Thats normally Zoro opening attack.
even if Kaido get proven otherwise ... it would be at the end of arc when Luffy did all of his power ups and stand whole level above now

at end of Wano ... Luffy MIGHT get a chance ....
but that's cause he have MC plot armor level around him
Zoro and others ain't have that

Zoro will reopen what Oden created and that's a good and max level hype for him

sure

and I'm sure Luffy and Zoro will do great

but can't imagine either of them get same level of respect as Oden did ... Strongest man and Strongest creature wanked the fuck out of Oden

if any of the 5 come close to Oden level in this arc ... Kaido will admit it ...
Luffy is stronger than Oden. He just did what Kaido taught he couldn't do and damage him where he couldn’t quickly heal from it. Which is why he says. How the hell did he di that and start comparing him to people who can actually fight him. So what what we do know is.
Luffy has power to damage him like Oden a significant way.
Luffy has better CoO/FS then Oden
I would say Oden had more lethality because of his Sword attacks.
Luffy is more versatile than Oden because of his fruit. Idk what your talking about with this and Luffy in big fights always has something in the bag we didn't see. Lucci he had G3, Katakuri he had Snakeman, Doffy G4 etc.... So Don't think the Luffy you seeing at the opening is going to be the same Luffy when things get down to the wire and Onigashima is about to fall.

Luffy is stronger than Oden. He just did what Kaido taught he couldn't do and damage him where he couldn’t quickly heal from it. Which is why he says. How the hell did he di that and start comparing him to people who can actually fight him. So what what we do know is.
Luffy has power to damage him like Oden a significant way.
Luffy has better CoO/FS then Oden
I would say Oden had more lethality because of his Sword attacks.
Luffy is more versatile than Oden because of his fruit. Idk what your talking about with this and Luffy in big fights always has something in the bag we didn't see. Lucci he had G3, Katakuri he had Snakeman, Doffy G4 etc.... So Don't think the Luffy you seeing at the opening is going to be the same Luffy when things get down to the wire and Onigashima is about to fall.
there is too much fan fiction in this post for me to take it seriously

Kaido said all 9 scabbards are a bad joke compare to Oden

Luffy beating 2 Mink lords in full power is still not clear ... Zoro as of now is out of out of question

even if Kaido get proven otherwise ... it would be at the end of arc when Luffy did all of his power ups and stand whole level above now

at end of Wano ... Luffy MIGHT get a chance ....
but that's cause he have MC plot armor level around him
Zoro and others ain't have that

Zoro will reopen what Oden created and that's a good and max level hype for him
Zoro going to prove to be a brtter Swordsman/Samurai than Oden. Kaku,Hachi, etc... Always talked about their sword style or hyped it up. Zoro always shows he superior to that style. Just like Oden 2 sword style is being hyped up. Its getting surpass.

there is too much fan fiction in this post for me to take it seriously

Kaido said all 9 scabbards are a bad joke compare to Oden

Luffy beating 2 Mink lords in full power is still not clear ... Zoro as of now is out of out of question
Lol you just made my point. He said the 9 sccabards attacks are not it and after Luffy hit him ge starts thinking about people who can give him a decent fight. Pmao you just made my point.

Lol you just made my point. He said the 9 sccabards attacks are not it and after Luffy hit him ge starts thinking about people who can give him a decent fight. Pmao you just made my point.
Scabbards DID damage Kaido .... Kaido just healed form it somehow

the reason Kaido was shocked is he assumed Luffy is a joke he meat before ... not because he did more damage

but Zoro didn't even do better than weakest scrabbled random attacks so far

at his prime not end of wano

saying he would surpass Oden in this arc is a baseless fan fiction that Zoro boys told themselves so much now they think is a legit expectation

Zoro will reopen what Oden created
No end of Wano he is. Lol Samething people were saying no way Luffy leaving WCI on Katakuri level. Look how that turned out. No many Ls taking, but hey doubting Luffy and Zoro will .ake people take Ls. We will see though. I guess i should think of it has Oda being a giod writer somewhat. He makes people really think the their no way things can happen to surprise them. It happened in dressrosa alot of people taughr Luffy couldn’t beat Doffy and had no clue about G4. Lol 😆 Oda a genius
Post automatically merged:

Scabbards DID damage Kaido .... Kaido just healed form it somehow

the reason Kaido was shocked is he assumed Luffy is a joke he meat before ... not because he did more damage

but Zoro didn't even do better than weakest scrabbled random attacks so far
Bro I am not talking about superficial hits. After Luffy hits him he starts thinking about people who gave him good fight. After sccabards be says there attacks are garbage.

No end of Wano he is. Lol Samething people were saying no way Luffy leaving WCI on Katakuri level. Look how that turned out. No many Ls taking, but hey doubting Luffy and Zoro will .ake people take Ls. We will see though. I guess i should think of it has Oda being a giod writer somewhat. He makes people really think the their no way things can happen to surprise them. It happened in dressrosa alot of people taughr Luffy couldn’t beat Doffy and had no clue about G4. Lol 😆 Oda a genius
Luffy pushed himself in the fight with Katakuri and became stronger than before by improving his CoO to next level

Luffy before and after WCI wasn't the same man

Luffy before and after FIGHTING KAIDO surly wouldn't be the same as well (assuming he can win)

Luffy pushed himself in the fight with Katakuri and became stronger than before by improving his CoO to next level

Luffy before and after WCI wasn't the same man

Luffy before and after FIGHTING KAIDO surly wouldn't be the same as well (assuming he can win)
Doesn't matter how he did it Luffy was on Katakuri level at the end of WCI. Yes ofcourse he wasn't the same man lol

Well We will see what Oda has in store for Luffy and Zoro. I think you underestimate Oda love for them.

What happens if zoro makes his own scar on kaido with 3 swords ?
I will give him more hype ... and maybe equal AP as Oden
but I still doubt they have equal DP as Oden who tanked 1 hour long magma level oil with 10 people above his head

but I would hail Zoro as a top tier nonetheless ... as any logical man should

but again ... don't worry ... Kaido is a power level guy ... he LIKES to compare people to X or Y
if either Zoro or Luffy come close to Oden level
or they do something Oden could have done

100% Kaido will say something like : "your power remind me of Oden" or "just like Oden" or something like that

Oda hasn't failed me yet.
he didn't failed me yet as well ... and I had more badshit crazy shit expectations than this :)

but I still doubt they have equal DP as Oden who tanked 1 hour long magma level oil with 10 people above his head

but I would hail Zoro as a top tier ... as any logical man should

but again ... don't worry ... Kaido is a power level guy ... he LIKES to compare people to X or Y

100% Kaido will say something like : "your power remind me of Oden" or "just like Oden" or something like that
TRUST ME WHEN SOMEBODY DOES A SIMILAR CUTTING FEAT TO ODEN. KAIDO WILL COMMENT

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

but I would hail Zoro as a top tier nonetheless ... as any logical man should

he didn't failed me yet as well ... and I had more badshit crazy shit expectations than this :)
Kaido will be the judge. But its already set up from his there will never be a samurai as monsterous as oden

For the black blade argument.

Yes, i can understand why people think it’s too early for Zoro to do it. Too early, hasn’t yet mastered the sword, all good reasons

but

No matter when Zoro does it- he’s going to make Oden look bad retrospectively. Whether Zoro turns Enma black in Wano or by EoS, he’s doing something Oden failed to do in decades in the space of a year, and with a lot less battles.

There’s also the fact that there will never be a more narratively appropriate time for Enma to be made a black blade than now. Enma is Oden’s sword. It’s being used against the man who killed Oden. It’s being used in order to defend Oden’s family and people, and achieve Oden’s dream. It is in the land of samurai, where a famous swordsman, with a connection to Zoro, also forged his black blade- and that samurai‘s most important fight seems to have been against a dragon like Kaido

This being the arc where Enma becomes a kokuto just fits. The pieces are all there to be slotted into place. It won’t have have the same weight in a fight against Mihawk, or Shiryu. There, it just one of three swords, and tbh, Wado is more important, as the sword that has been Zoro’s since childhood. This is the arc where Enma is a big plot point, a tangible connection between the dead Oden and the present day fight.
Weren't you of the opinion that Shiryu will be more of a trickery based opponent for Zoro and a skill check in certain aspects ? I recall that being the case from Orojackson, so corectly me if i am wrong.
I thought it would be Diamond Shiryu and the fight would be like a super Mr 1 version. So since OJ there’s been a good few developments that have changed my perception of what Shiryu will be like
-the DF, which no one saw coming. Ironically, given what it does
-the Blackbeard/Rocks connection, where we can now see that Blackbeard is trying to make Rocks 2.0. Can Shiryu match a young Whitebeard, as he was the second strongest Rocks Pirate? I don’t see why not, Weevil apparently can.
-Oda being willing to give a subordinate like Oden such heavy, well, wank. I don’t see any reason why he can’t do that for Blackbeard’s subordinate.

What changed that now he needs to be the most formidable opponent, superior to Rayleigh and Oden, and stronger than a Zoro who two arcs prior is already stronger than someone who you would qualify as a solid top tier ?
Oda increasingly emphasising to us that One Piece is coming to an end, and Zoro looking to have a much larger role in the Kaido fight than most thought would happen prior to Wano.

Hell, it was only a few chalters ago that some were still saying that Zoro would have no role at all.
No, i was talking about Luffy, that's why i list him making all those steps, because you are also comparing him with Luffy and not others with the heights you expect him to reach. Is it not convenient to want to take the best out of the Luffy comparison, but then fall on the others doing less to obtain less when arguing how much of the steps Zoro would need to be shown to take ?
I don’t see why Zoro is any different from Law, Kid or Killer in this regard.
I really don't see the necessity of Oden being surpassed right away, i'd certainly qualify it more as you called it "a leap of faith" in an earlier post.
Well, there’s no “neccessity”. It’s what i think will happen, and it makes sense to me given that the series is nearly done and Zoro will be the WSS soon, but that doesn’t make it a necessity. The story can go on without Zoro being Oden level- but it doesn’t make it any more or less likely.

We have the premise of a scar already made, with build up to open up said scar. That's not surpassing, that's doing less than the original, but showing great promise to eventually get there.
That is something we’ll see when it happens. For one thing, Zoro mostly uses Santoryuu, not Niitoryuu. We could easily see Zoro make a new scar, opening up the old X shaped one and adding another line using his third sword, turning it into a more star shaped scar.
You have Zoro just obtaining Enma two weeks ago, and the promise of him eventually forging it into a black blade. Saying that it need to happen in Wano is unfounded, all the arguments used for that can as well serve for it happening later.
No, it’s not unfounded. You can say it would be early, but there’s no argument that Kaido is the best possible opponent for Enma to be made a black blade against.

I’ll also point out- Oda didn’t need to bring up the “make Enma a black blade” plot before the Kaido fight. Could very easily have came after it, with Hitetsu saying it could be something to do in the future. By suggesting it prior to a fight with Kaido, and given the relationship between Enma, Kaido and Oden, it does then bring up the possibility that Oda mentioned it then to set up it happening now.
Think about it, Zoro's been wielding his other blades for 2+ and 10+ years respectively. Baking on his first black blade being the one he got 2 weeks ago is counterintuitive to say the least.
It’s going to be counterintuitive to an extent whenever he makes Enma black, because of how late he got it compared to all his other swords. They are meant to be forged in battle, it’s not a case of you reaching X level of strength and BAM, you have a black sword. Zoro’s not going to have foguht anywhere near as much with Enma as his other two. Or Wado, at least, if Zoro changes Sandai as well.
he does not need to surpass someone who you would label as a solid top tier already.
Nor does he need to be weaker than Oden after Wano. There’s nothing saying that Zoro needs a big fight on Elbaf, so what would be wrong with him getting to Laugh Tale as strong as Oden was when he got there?

Kaido will be the judge. But its already set up from his there will never be a samurai as monsterous as oden
and that samurai ... have to "reopen" his scar ... not create a new one

I can EASILY see Kaido say "you can reach his level" or "this was kinda close to what Oden did" or things like this ...

but "JUST AS STRONG" .... no .... I just don't EXPECT that

Oda and Kaido would be the judges of what will happen ... I'm ready to admit to anything Oda shows me even if I don't like it