General & Others Whos the best leader in the strawhats and why?

Best leader

• Jinbei

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Brook

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Franky

• Robin

• Chopper

• Sanji

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Usopp

• Nami

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Zoro

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Luffy

Votes: 47 41.2%
  • Vivi

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
When I got into the thread, I had the impression that you will exclude Luffy and only focus on the underlings. but since Luffy is there, then the answer is obvious. It's him and no one else. There is a fucking reason why they follow him and not someone else.

However, if we exclude Luffy.
Then My answer will go to Jinbe (cause we already tested him leading half the SH against Big Mom) and we already saw him leading his Fishman Pirates, and how much he prioritizes his crew, also strong, intelligent, veteran, strategic...etc! And on top of that, if Zoro lead, Sanji will not like it, and if Sanji led, Zoro will also not like it.
And you shouldn't put Usopp as captain despite his good leadership in some moments or Nami, because the boss needs to honestly be strong and hold his own in big fights, so Jinbe is the most suitable after Luffy in my opinion.

Of course that's if you want the crewmembers to stay the same. But if you are someone who doesn't care about crewmembers leaving, then you can make Zoro or Sanji the new leader and let the other person leave just because your ego doesn't allow you to put your bias on the side and choose someone who others will follow without complaint

I assume the context is pirates here. Then the answer would be the only guy Zoro will ever follow willingly.

If the context if running an organization where power levels arent involved. Then the answer would be Nami.

Everything i said is true. Zoro made him stay strong and let ussop walk away even though luffy was hurting. Meanwhile in wci. He got slagged off and disrespected and he cried and begged like a bitch.
Zoro's complaint with Luffy and Usopp was not about the fight or leaving or anything.
Zoro even welcomed Usopp coming back, BUT his only condition was to admit being at fault and apologize (something Usopp tried to escape from doing)

While Sanji when he met Luffy again, he already admitted that he disrespected his captain and insulted him to his best ability to drive him away, and admitted his mistakes are unforgivable.
Zoro's only complaint about Sanji would be if he acted like he never did anything wrong or tried to get backto the crew without admitting his fault.

Let me remind you that when Zoro made that big scene about Usopp, Sanji sided with Zoro and not with Nami on the matter. Since when Sanji sides with Zoro over Nami?

The problem with some of you that despite how huge of a fan for a specific character, you simply do not see the whole picture and the whole logic behind a character's action.

Let's also not forget that Zoro never pulled that shit with Nami or Robin!

Because Nami and Robin actions were all out of love for the SHs
While Usopp's actions were for pure selfish desire to keep going merry (Kaya's ship)

No one forced or put pressure on Usopp to leave, which is why he needed to apologize.

While Nami and Robin and Sanji were all pressured in huuuge ways, which is why they did not require at all to apologize, and still Sanji out of the three, he was the only person to take responsibility and tell Luffy that what he did is unforgivable and he cannot get back to the ship because of it.
But Luffy's big heart made him snap and give him a wake up punch and ask him "what is it you truly desire?"

So, honestly, you guys bring the Zoro-Usopp scene when it's completely different since Sanji's situation resembles Robin the most (who did not apologize for leaving while Sanji did)
And while Zoro only asked for apology when someone comes back after leaving for selfish act which Sanji didn't do as he was cornered by threatening Zeff and others.
Post automatically merged:

Why ppl don't vote for Jimbei :pepehands:
Cause this is a race to embarass Sanji as hard as they can and wank Zoro to the highest while playing Luffy is an idiot card.
While in reality Zoro would be lost 24/7 Lol

Luffy is the captain of all of the characters mentioned and yet people actually vote for anyone else is weird for me!

People think that Zoro's type (who would have left Nami after thinking she stabbed Usopp) or who thought Robin is a traitor (when she left protecting all of the crew)
or left Sanji because he's doesn't have the guts to provoke another yonko for his nakama is a good showcase of leadership

Yesss, stay on the good side, near the wall and play safe as hard as you can, and never make progress eventually cause that's what separates someone like Luffy from someone like Law who ends up with 10x faster growth and 10x more ability to gain allies and gaining their trust and having big loyalties!

The serious type who only think with brain is not always the right choice!
A good leader balances between heart and mind! Not just using mind only

The closest one to Luffy in leadership who combines both rationality and still maintaining a good passion of not leaving a crew behind would be Jinbe in my opinion cause he showcased it with Sun pirates already!
Instead of leaving with SHs, he stayed behind with them to face a yonko and stall her.
That's a leader

Last edited:
I can't believe that you think they would not do so.

This is not a PL debate yet they do so.

Zoro said that he would not follow a weak leader and always follows Luffy yet Zoro is a better leader by doing nothing.

There is a compulsion disorder in here and I now see why many were banned on OJ, but mates and humans, just because you like a character that does not equate at him being good at everything, that is call idolization and it is a deplorable trait in us, humans.

I digress, there is nothing to be had in any thread were some boys will comment that is the only conclusion to be had.

This is not discording, this is pure nonsense and a complete waste of time.
The Zoro hater seems mad at the voting results. You mad Luffy didn't get 100% votes.

The Zoro hater seems mad at the voting results. You mad Luffy didn't get 100% votes.
Yes I am and I am a Sanji fanboy don't forget that :cheers:

Because he created the Crew? lol
Leadership-wise Luffy is horrible. Always putting his Crew into unnecessary danger. The only Thing Luffy is good at, is understanding People. Even tho it's sometimes weird, but he is the MC, doesn't matter what he say, everyone will be like ''OH, what a great guy! Gonna follow him now for no reason!''.
''Even if you die, don't die!'' :kaidowhat:Such wisdom:josad:

The only smart Thing he ever said was ''Everyone! RUN! We can't win against These guys Right now!'' (at sabaody). This is the only Thing Luffy ever does, saying ''charge'' or ''run back to the sunny''...but People say what a great leader he is?
You know next to nothing what a leader is.

And I can counter this with anyone in the SHP crew.

In One Piece it's Luffy, because One Piece leadership focuses more on him being the heart that holds the group together and being stronger than the rest.
Someone that reads the Manga, I am shocked.

And Jinbe is the real Supporting leader.

Not Zoro or Sanji but whatever!

Of course that's if you want the crewmembers to stay the same. But if you are someone who doesn't care about crewmembers leaving, then you can make Zoro or Sanji the new leader and let the other person leave just because your ego doesn't allow you to put your bias on the side and choose someone who others will follow without complaint
Man is nice to read your comment once more!
:cheers:

The problem with some of you that despite how huge of a fan for a specific character, you simply do not see the whole picture and the whole logic behind a character's action.

Cause this is a race to embarass Sanji as hard as they can and wank Zoro to the highest while playing Luffy is an idiot card.
While in reality Zoro would be lost 24/7 Lol

Last edited:
I prefer a captain like luffy because it would be too fun and unexpected but you should be ready to die lol. But zoro and jimbei have more leader requirements. A true leader would have never come to WCI because luffy should have trust sanji's letter. Luffy didn't know anything at that moment (like sanji was blackmailed, capone wanted to assassinate BM and BM the vinsmokes) so he should have trust sanji and let him find a solution. And after that, if sanji was prisonner or something like that, luffy should have come like a true leader with his fleet and allies against BMP.
Zoro's speech about kaido and BM was right at zou, now see at wano they gonna face two yonkou crews, if there is no plot to save them, BP and BMP will wreck so hard the SH at the war. I remember also being angry with luffy at WCI with nami because she was going to be in trouble against the bm enraged army after sanji vs luffy but he didn't care he stayed there. But luffy did the right thing by fighting kata in other case too. It's okay because it's a manga but luffy's selfishness is really dangerous for a crew.

You know next to nothing what a leader is.

And I can counter this with anyone in the SHP crew.
Like i already said to someone else, who said the same thing. I am waiting, teach me what a captain/leader is. But i got stil no answer.

In OP a captain is who can protect his friends by being the strongest, having a good heart etc. you don't have to be smart or have any leadership skills at all.

In the real world, you have to be smart enough to make right decisions, to guarantee your crews safety and not jumping with your head first against the wall without thinking what will happen.
A leader is the one who lead everybody, he makes the decisions what to do.
Does luffy do it? Screaming ''Let's go!'' without thinking what will happen and let the others solve everything is not a good captain. Luffy is an idiot, who is not made to be a leader.
Just imagine he would be your general in a war, he would send you right to your death...

Like i said, in the OP manga it's completely different than in the real world.

Like i already said to someone else, who said the same thing. I am waiting, teach me what a captain/leader is.
The simplest for some of you is those that Oda puts them as such!

Luffy is put as Zoro's captain.

Zoro did never lead anyone.

In the real world, you have to be smart enough to make right decisions, to guarantee your crews safety and not jumping with your head first against the wall without thinking what will happen.
Again that is not even how a leader does in RL, smart depends on how you define it!

The verse of OP does not define it that way,

But in RL, Zor would never be a leader, he does not lead in the first place, he is a lown wolf etc.

Also he has less charisma that his captain.

The simplest for some of you is those that Oda puts them as such!

Luffy is put as Zoro's captain.

Zoro did never lead anyone.
So you are telling me i have no idea what a captain/leader is, but this is your answer??? Just because Oda put it that way??? lol
Don't really get why you put Zoro in here...i wasn't Talking About him at all.
Again that is not even how a leader does in RL
THEN TELL ME PLEASE!!!
Or are you gonna Keep saying, that i have no idea what a captain/leader is without telling me, what it means to be one?
smart depends on how you define it!
I defined it...decision making. Understanding the Situation and decide what to do. You have to be foresighted, thinking About Things which can happen and try to avoid it. Not risking your Crews and your own life without any reason.
The verse of OP does not define it that way,
You don't say...i said in my previous comment, that the OP Captain/Leader and the one in the Real world are not the same at all. But i Judge About a captain/leader based on real world, because what the OP manga is doing is unrealistic. Luffy is a good friend, but not a leader. And this is basically what it means to be captain/leader in OP, being a good friend, having a good heart, etc. so People wanna follow you.

The ones who come the closest to real world captains/leader are: Jimbei, Sanji and Nami.
But it doesn't matter, because to be a Captain or Vize Captain doesn't require you to actually be able to lead somebody. It's mostly just a cool title to have, nothing else.

Also he has less charisma that his captain.
Charisma is something make people to love you.
If OP people exist in real life, they would not be different from us. Zoro has one of the biggest and wildest fanbase for what you think ? Because of his charisma like luffy. Believe me if lots of people in OP are saying why he is only n2 and not the captain, it's because for them zoro has the quality to be the leader because of his strenght and respect. Jimbei is already a leader of fishmen so he has the quality.

You are biased about Luffy and what he did to think he is a true leader. He is the captain because of what he did, like helping zoro, nami, ussop, sanji, robin, chopper and brook. Franky followed him because he saw what kind of crew they are. That's why they followed him.
The gallea company follow iceberg because he is a true leader. BMP follow more Katakuri because he is true leader.
Kaido and luffy are kinda the same, one recruits by destroying them, one recruits by helping them. SH are more friends than captain and underlings. When luffy wanted to see sanji it's because his friend was not there. But he put others SH in trouble by doing that because now they have BMP and Kaido pirates on their back.
A true leader needs to give orders and lead his crew successfully. EL, Alabasta, Skypeia, Thriller Bark, Marineford, FMI, Dressrosa, WCI, Luffy was doing his things like wanted to fight the main villain and let his crew handling the rest. But at WCI he did so many mistake as captain.
The only two times when luffy was a good leader were against kizaru and kuma at SA and against Kata. But he angered BM and let his crew dealt with her. If sanji was not there, BM would have kill the crew.

Being alone doesn't mean you are not a good leader just you prefer to do what you want and being alone. You could have the qualities of leader like zoro, rayleigh, mihawk but you just don't care about leading others.

Being alone doesn't mean you are not a good leader just you prefer to do what you want and being alone.
Are you special?

Did you read what you wrote, do you even know what a leader is?

There is no lown wolf leader because he can't be a leader without people to lead!

Pro tip: I don't even bother to continue with some as yourself.

Delude yourself, I really don't have time for this!

You could have the qualities of leader like zoro, rayleigh, mihawk but you just don't care about leading others.
Then you are not a fucking leader.

A leader is the one that leads and wants to lead, I told you guys you don't know what leadership is.

The ones who come the closest to real world captains/leader are: Jimbei, Sanji and Nami.
Not in a world like OP, when you can't outsmart people like Along.

A leader in OP needs to be strong, to know who they are dealing with, to see after the current moment and many more.

Put All of these leaders in Luffy's shoes and see if they can do what he did.

Why is that the case, simple, spirit, the ability to understand people and some more.

That is also important in real life, the best leaders are those that know how to use the best people, and not the best people are the best leaders.

Boys I do believe you guys are overreaching and know next to nothing about leadership.

But I digress, Luffy has something that in RL is priceless, the power to understand people and to make them follow you that is a very difficult skill to have, I would give all my diplomas for that.

Last edited:
S

Shura

First....why do people care about real world when we are discussing "One Piece" and its world.....there won't be people who use DF/swords in mouth/generate fire in legs/blah blah.....no need to compare real world with this crazy world....

Second....Mihawk/Rayleigh ain't leader lol....there is a reason he is not yonko even though he is a top tier....

Third....Every leader has tacticians/advisers/ministers/generals and their individual commanding groups

whatever Jimbei/Sanji/Zoro/Nami does is what the above mentioned people do ....like commanding small groups/giving tactical advices/formulating strategies etc.

A leader is the one who caters the large masses/co ordinate these above mentioned groups/leads by standing front/boosts their morale/being charismatic ...this is what above people lacks....hence they were not leaders.....

Also, people talking about Luffy's decisions ....lol....

“A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” – Rosalynn Carter

one has to admit that if not for Luffy, SH won't be where there are now.....

WB/Lucci/Mihawk/Kawamatsu/Robin even Zoro acknowledged why Luffy is their captain......

I hope I covered enough...

if not I have put some references in before posts in page 7-10...some people who needs to know what is being a leader means may find it there

/thread
It's Jinbe, no matter how people deny it.

Experienced veteran in New World, that's strong, can formulate and follow a plan, loyal to his friends >> dumbass 19 years old that can't follow a plan and can only spam "I wanna surpass you I wanna surpass you" or "I will be the Pirate King I will be the Pirate King".

Last edited:
Are you special?

Did you read what you wrote, do you even know what a leader is?

There is no lown wolf leader because he can't be a leader without people to lead!

Pro tip: I don't even bother to continue with some as yourself.
What ? Calm your tits lol, try to understand first what i'm saying!
When i say "you" it's in general, not you specifically.
If you don't understand or can't debate gtfo from here and play pokemon.

You can have the qualities but if you don't want, you don't want. It's like jon snow in got.

What ? Calm your tits lol, try to understand first what i'm saying!
When i say "you" it's in general, not you specifically.
If you don't understand or can't debate gtfo from here and play pokemon.

You can have the qualities but if you don't want, you don't want. It's like Jon snow in got.
Mate, you are saying that Luffy can be a better swordsman than Zoro.

Do you discuss this?

Do you discuss WSS validity?

Oda made Luffy the leader Zoro and Mihawk never lead anything, yet for the same people that make Zoro good at everything, for them this is a question, I wonder why is that!

I am laughing at this forum but at least it makes me laugh.

Get it Zoro is and will never be a leader now you want to discuss if he is a better leader then the one that he chooses to have and Oda made one of the better leaders in OP?

But you do not want to discuss the validity of the WSS.

That is called something but I digress.

Show me a better leader then the leader that the said man chooses to have
You consider a man that chose that said leader to be a better leader by never wanting to be a leader, which means he is not a good leader, wanting to be a leader is important for a leader.

That is called a inconsistency in logic.

Last edited:
@Sadistic Senpai just said it with more words and in a simpler way.

If you disagree with ODA then we can disagree with anything Oda wrote including the validity of the WSS.

Yet we can't :milaugh: so buzz off.

And I can prove it easily the most important job of my team leader is first to chose the team members.

Luffy is in this position not becuase he is strong, he is still weak but he did choose the best people in his team:

Zoro as the second strongest;
Sanji as the cook and the 3rd strongest;
Nami best navigation;
Jinbe best support in water and helm's man;
Robin the only one that can read the rock that can make him PK.

If Zoro can't do that then he is not a better leader, a leader attracts the best and chooses the best.

I still don' understand why I need to say obvious things.

Also, Zoro if far for even the second-best leader, Sanji has lead half of SHP, Ussops has fallowers and so on.

So I don't know how Zoro is better than many SHP like Nami, Jinbe or Sanji!
You guys said that he is the VC, mkay when did he use that to ever lead someone :)).

First....why do people care about real world when we are discussing "One Piece" and its world.....there won't be people who use DF/swords in mouth/generate fire in legs/blah blah.....no need to compare real world with this crazy world....

Second....Mihawk/Rayleigh ain't leader lol....there is a reason he is not yonko even though he is a top tier....

Third....Every leader has tacticians/advisers/ministers/generals and their individual commanding groups

whatever Jimbei/Sanji/Zoro/Nami does is what the above mentioned people do ....like commanding small groups/giving tactical advices/formulating strategies etc.

A leader is the one who caters the large masses/co ordinate these above mentioned groups/leads by standing front/boosts their morale/being charismatic ...this is what above people lacks....hence they were not leaders.....

Also, people talking about Luffy's decisions ....lol....

“A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” – Rosalynn Carter

one has to admit that if not for Luffy, SH won't be where there are now.....

WB/Lucci/Mihawk/Kawamatsu/Robin even Zoro acknowledged why Luffy is their captain......

I hope I covered enough...

if not I have put some references in before posts in page 7-10...some people who needs to know what is being a leader means may find it there
I think we are saying too much, clearly, they do not even care to search what a leader is.

You can have the qualities but if you don't want, you don't want. It's like jon snow in got.
Now I saw this, do you understand that John Show was written by imbeciles from season 4 and that is bad writing so you gave an example that should not be followed.

Watch season 8 to see how stupid D&D wrote those characters.

And John never was a good leader because he never wanted to be a leader, he never was a leader.

@Shura :milaugh:

you don't understand or can't debate gtfo from here and play pokemon.
I will discuss this only when I can discuss the validity of the WSS title if you oppose that it means you are biassed when using the argument the title was written by ODA because Luffy is the leader because ODa made him the leader so a better leader then the other SHP.

Simple consistency logic mate, follow it.

Last edited: